Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do bicycles use the path or mopeds do you know, Jade?
Motorbikes or scramblers?
I have seen the odd cyclist now and again in the warmer weather but just like leisurely cyclists slowly riding taking in the scenery if you know what I mean…never known motorbikes up there it’s just not the kind of place they would go if that makes sense

Why was the bench not removed as part of possible evidence? The reporter sitting on it!
It all suggests that (rightly or wrongly) the police aren’t treating this as a possible crime.

Some people have been suggesting that the messages from the police that they “aren’t looking at third party involvement” could just be a bluff - however they would still need to secure evidence! Not treating that area as a crime scene suggests this really isn’t a major line of enquiry for them.

Does anyone have more information on the river? Alarm raised pretty quickly and searches quick too. Unlike the sad case of Libby Squire, when there was no resolution for a long time. Depth/ flow / tidal? Some posts suggest it was quite shallow in the area dig was found

Is there any information regarding the conference call she was on? Was she muted and camera off for the duration/from the start? Or was she interrupted by someone or Willow and then that prompted her to mute and camera off?

Ben Pociecha, the director of Exclusively Mortgages, told The Daily Telegraph that she had logged onto a team meeting at 9.01am on Friday.

“It seems as if she was muted and didn’t have her camera on. She was listening in whilst walking her dog,” he said.

“There were numerous parties involved in this. A lot of people attended the call. The police are investigating the call.”

Missing mum muted phone and turned off camera before vanishing on dog walk

She had a meeting with her boss the night before she disappeared:

Recalling their last conversation, (her father) said: "Her mind was great, we picked the children up the Thursday before she went missing, as we do every Thursday.

"We took them home, Nicola had had a meeting with her boss in Garstang and she said can you stay a bit later because I have an important client coming in on Zoom. We said 'no problem' and stayed."

Devastated parents promise to never stop looking for mum-of-two who vanished

I have seen the odd cyclist now and again in the warmer weather but just like leisurely cyclists slowly riding taking in the scenery if you know what I mean…never known motorbikes up there it’s just not the kind of place they would go if that makes sense
It does, thanks.
Have you heard of any reports of anti social behaviour around or in the area at all?

I'm just exploring all possibilities in my thoughts including mugging, kidnapping, basically all possibilities but I'm stumped cos useless at geography or figuring out distances and routes without local knowledge.
What would be the least public fastest way out of there, still running with your idea this morning that somebody could have thrown her toys as decoy...?

New here but I find the idea of her in the water as not plausible. The river level at that time was 0.46m. The river is narrow and quite slow moving. Accounts seem to be contradictory. The mirror says the phone was found locked by the "gent" 2ft from the bench on the floor yet up to now its been reported it was unlocked on a conference call on the bench. Could it be possible that because the first police to arrive saw the phone on the bench with the harness they just assumed she had gone in the water and no one explained to them it was on the floor?

It does, thanks.
Have you heard of any reports of anti social behaviour around or in the area at all?

I'm just exploring all possibilities in my thoughts including mugging, kidnapping, basically all possibilities but I'm stumped cos useless at geography or figuring out distances and routes without local knowledge.
What would be the least public fastest way out of there, still running with your idea this morning that somebody could have thrown her toys as decoy...?

It seems a quaint little place so doubt there's much issue with youths bar boredom.

That said at the back of my mind is the case of Julia James, the police community support officer who was murdered walking her dog when it was her complete misfortune to wander into the area her attacker was.

These terrible events can happen but this wasn't really a secluded spot, it was a park bench visible from quite a distance with no trace of any foul play so does feel more a terrible accident with no-one around at that precise point to help or raise alarm.

It does, thanks.

There are actually some useful steet view images which give you a good idea of the geography.

Can’t completely rule anything out, but:

<modsnip - not victim friendly>
-there’s been nothing in the messages from police/family to suggest they are appealing to Nicola herself to get in touch, as they likely would if they thought she had chosen to disappear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben Pociecha, the director of Exclusively Mortgages, told The Daily Telegraph that she had logged onto a team meeting at 9.01am on Friday.

“It seems as if she was muted and didn’t have her camera on. She was listening in whilst walking her dog,” he said.

“There were numerous parties involved in this. A lot of people attended the call. The police are investigating the call.”

Missing mum muted phone and turned off camera before vanishing on dog walk

I've just re-read that statement from her boss again:

If she logged on and was muted and camera off, how would he know she was walking her dog?

It seems a quaint little place so doubt there's much issue with youths bar boredom.

That said at the back of my mind is the case of Julia James, the police community support officer who was murdered walking her dog when it was her complete misfortune to wander into the area her attacker was.

These terrible events can happen but this wasn't really a secluded spot, it was a park bench visible from quite a distance with no trace of any foul play so does feel more a terrible accident with no-one around at that precise point to help or raise alarm.
She is very much on my mind today too.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I live fairly locally and the river just isnt like that. Its much further upsteam towards Singleton where it gets wider and even there its not particularly fast. It was 0.46m thats like up to your knee. When the river is bad it can get up to 5m but it wasnt on that day...

I've just re-read that statement from her boss again:

If she logged on and was muted and camera off, how would he know she was walking her dog?
In the same way we all know she was walking her dog. Doesn’t mean he knew at the time she was walking her dog.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

<modsnip>
imo.

Wasn't sure whether to say this due to the tone but wild swimming is actually quite popular in parts of the U.K, always have reports of people having dips in freezing water on xmas day for example but I presume this was of no interest so entering the water would've been purely accidental.

Can someone answer this:

You know the picture of that area of the river that’s like a small weir? (I guess concrete and water flows over it)

How far down stream (is it downstream? ) is it from bench location?

Presumably anything falling in water would get stuck there as an end point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member