Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bringing forward this statement from the Superintendent in case anyone missed it:

BBM

Lancashire Police said they were keeping an 'open mind' about what may have happened to Mr Bulley, but said they'd found no evidence of foul play.

Superintendent Sally Riley said: 'I must stress at this time that this remains a missing person inquiry and at this time there is nothing to suggest any third-party involvement in Nicola's disappearance.'

Source

So strange that the people who claim to have found the phone say differently
I can't think of any reason for either party to deliberately lie and it seems odd that the newspaper would get it wrong

I'm stupmed
Could be that the people first there who found the items on the ground then put them on the bench, but the police are stating where the police found the items because that's all they are sure of.

That has always bothered me too! How would he know?
He may or may not have known it at the time, but he clearly knows about it with the benefit of hindsight because it’s now common public knowledge that she was walking her dog at the time of the meeting - so he’s quite likely just repeating back what he has heard from the police/media.

Couple of questions that I don't think I've read on here so far, its said she was active on Strava, does that mean she had a smart watch? and if so aren't they usually waterproof? could that be why the police are concentrating their search on the immediate area - although her parents comments to the media seem to indicate they don't think there's evidence she went in. Also, could she have told Willow to 'stay' for some reason.

Just bringing forward this statement from the Superintendent in case anyone missed it:

BBM

Lancashire Police said they were keeping an 'open mind' about what may have happened to Mr Bulley, but said they'd found no evidence of foul play.

Superintendent Sally Riley said: 'I must stress at this time that this remains a missing person inquiry and at this time there is nothing to suggest any third-party involvement in Nicola's disappearance.'

Source
I know that’s what the police are saying but are we then not allowed to speculate on here about what may or may not have happened? Thanks

Couple of questions that I don't think I've read on here so far, it’s said she was active on Strava, does that mean she had a smart watch? and if so aren't they usually waterproof? could that be why the police are concentrating their search on the immediate area - although her parents comments to the media seem to indicate they don't think there's evidence she went in. Also, could she have told Willow to 'stay' for some reason.

Of course she might have a smart watch, but stra a can just be linked to a phone.

I know that’s what the police are saying but are we then not allowed to speculate on here about what may or may not have happened? Thanks
I was simply pointing out a direct quote from the investigating agency.

ETA: I have no reason to believe the Superintendent is misleading the public.

Missing Nicola Bulley's dad challenges police over 'missing person' theory

The father of missing dog walker Nicola Bulley has challenged police on whether his daughter 'could have been taken'. Nicola, 45, was last seen walking her brown cocker spaniel Willow just before 9.30am after dropping her two daughters off at school in the village of St Michael's in Lancashire, last Friday.

I was simply pointing out a direct quote from the investigating agency.
Ok - I just don’t want to speculate if we are not allowed to do that here.

ETA - I am still on the fence with what happened.

Last edited:
Just for reference it took 7 long weeks for poor Libbey squires to turn up, sadly I believe NB has slipped into the river and this is likely an accident.

Dog was near the waters edge , she put phone down and went to call it away and tragically slipped in.

Just a theory and a guess as to what's happened here.

I'm newish to this thread and just adding my two cents, so sorry if I'm reiterating what's been said or asking the obvious...The idea that NB has slipped into the river just doesn't sit with me. I know spaniels can be buoyant, jumpy dogs, but if this was Willow's usual nature, surely NB wouldn't let her off her lead while she was in a video call? I'm inclined to go with the theory that someone has enlisted her attention, claiming an emergency (due to claimed no evidence of a struggle), but what baffles me is the abandoned phone. Even in a remote area where there's no chance of one's phone being stolen, it - at least in my mind - would still be a very strange move to just leave it sitting on a bench. My guy instinct - if we're going with the pretend emergency scenario - would surely be to keep it on one's person, e.g. by shoving it in one's pocket, or she would hypothetically would feel compelled to keep it in her hand in case supposed stranger needed to call emergency services/someone else for additional help. This would be my own reflex reaction, as I'm sure it would a lot of people's (your phone is your life, as they say), even in a situation of sudden alert, you would likely shove it in your pocket. It would also be interesting to know what state the phone was in when it was found (was it smashed/damaged?) Is anyone else as bugged by the abandoned phone detail as I am?

Just for reference it took 7 long weeks for poor Libbey squires to turn up, sadly I believe NB has slipped into the river and this is likely an accident.

Dog was near the waters edge , she put phone down and went to call it away and tragically slipped in.

There are massive differences between Nicola and Libby. The rivers are completely different, the police have a potential entry point and started the searches very promptly. They didn’t have that information with Libby.

I'm newish to this thread and just adding my two cents, so sorry if I'm reiterating what's been said or asking the obvious...The idea that NB has slipped into the river just doesn't sit with me. I know spaniels can be buoyant, jumpy dogs, but if this was Willow's usual nature, surely NB wouldn't let her off her lead while she was in a video call? I'm inclined to go with the theory that someone has enlisted her attention, claiming an emergency (due to claimed no evidence of a struggle), but what baffles me is the abandoned phone. Even in a remote area where there's no chance of one's phone being stolen, it - at least in my mind - would still be a very strange move to just leave it sitting on a bench. My guy instinct - if we're going with the pretend emergency scenario - would surely be to keep it on one's person, e.g. by shoving it in one's pocket, or she would hypothetically would feel compelled to keep it in her hand in case supposed stranger needed to call emergency services/someone else for additional help. This would be my own reflex reaction, as I'm sure it would a lot of people's (your phone is your life, as they say), even in a situation of sudden alert, you would likely shove it in your pocket. It would also be interesting to know what state the phone was in when it was found (was it smashed/damaged?) Is anyone else as bugged by the abandoned phone detail as I am?
Yes!!

And also the - well intentioned, astutely musing - concepts that NB would want to stop Willow from entering water. The doggy went into that water frequently, the dog was as well versed with her walk and the environment as her mum...and if she had got into difficulty, she could swim and climb out at a better location? Plus again, low level of water - how would Willow be in difficulty in there unless she got her harness hooked on something, but still both knew where to walk to to get into a standing position in the river, to get to Willow to help unhook her if that was the scenario.
Just moo speculation etc

Poor Libby was murdered and then placed in the river hull, which appears to be a lot deeper than the wyre, in the middle of the night. Very different circumstances imo.

@YaYa_521 can I just ask are we allowed to put our own handdrawn maps on of potential walking routes etc? Surely if we are speculating we can do this. We obviously can’t add a source in those instances. Thanks
I've seen them in the past but I think you have to say its just your opinion/your own opinion so its not taken as fact. (Happy to be corrected)

Yes, Libby Squires and also a bit similar to Liam Colgan missing in Hamburg that got a lot of attention on this site in 2018. All sorts of theories and speculation but ultimately a fatal fall into the river and a long delay before he was eventually found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gentlegirl