Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a really good point. I hadn’t even thought of that, yet have seen quite a few photos of her with ear pods in. Selfies etc. that would make you unaware of some things going on around you.
There is even a picture of her dog in the water. If she went in would it not of followed?? If she went through the gate though one would assume it couldnt follow..

I live fairly locally and the river just isnt like that. Its much further upsteam towards Singleton where it gets wider and even there its not particularly fast. It was 0.46m thats like up to your knee. When the river is bad it can get up to 5m but it wasnt on that day...
I’ve got experience on the river and I couldn’t agree more. I think people are seeing the flood defences and steep banks and assuming it’s deep and fast flowing. It’s just that the land around it is so vulnerable to flooding. Like you said, 0.46m is barely knee deep.

It does, thanks.
Have you heard of any reports of anti social behaviour around or in the area at all?

I'm just exploring all possibilities in my thoughts including mugging, kidnapping, basically all possibilities but I'm stumped cos useless at geography or figuring out distances and routes without local knowledge.
What would be the least public fastest way out of there, still running with your idea this morning that somebody could have thrown her toys as decoy...?
No it’s a very low crime area, there are honesty boxes dotted around the village for milk,eggs etc, the fastest way out would be through the exit back onto main road, the least public would be the slowest across fields where you would stand out like a sore thumb….I can’t believe there is not more dash cam footage given the time of day and the amount of traffic, it’s a well used main road!!

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, if we are assuming that NB was at some point sat at the bench, logged on to the team meeting call, with Willow unleashed, then from there what potential scenarios could have occurred? Please add to the list obviously do not name names or suspects, family or propose scenarios in anyway that make accusations against any individual, blame anyone, breaches privacy or are defamatory.

What logically could have happened to NB?

If NB has entered the river, then it has to have been by way of accident (willow), misadventure, fallen in, had a medical episode, been pushed in, went for a swim, something to do with mental health.

If NB has not entered the river, then what do you think has actually happened, and where are the areas of interest you think LE should be looking? Where could NB or any potential 3rd party involved in foul play realistically go or escape to?

Were the phone and dog lead left at the bench through NB panicking to save her stricken dog, a simple accident and trip, was NB taken in the blink of an eye by an unknown 3rd party or did something scare NB so badly causing her to run, perhaps escaping through the gate that creaks, becoming separated from Willow in the process? What is logical and fathomable to what happened to NB if she did not enter the river?

A tree falling in the woods with no-one around makes no sound. Though implausible, and with no real evidence at present to suggest otherwise, in theory NB could have been abducted by one or more unknown individuals and its just unfortunate that absolutely no one was around at the time it happened to witness it or hear anything.

What do you think?

Really keen to hear peoples thoughts.

Last edited:
This is curious to me. She was wearing winter clothing and the river is, at least mostly, not deep. I'd expect a hat, a glove, wellies, something, to get stuck somewhere.

But water can hold it's secrets for a while. So I guess we'll see. But it is kinda odd.
I completely agree, and from what I can tell the river has lots of bends and varying depths too, so you'd think at the very least an item of her clothing would have gotten snagged somewhere in the miles they've searched so far. It would be so surprising if she is in the water and has been swept downstream without any trace - I really hope that isn't the case. But also there are other possibilities that we all hope aren't the case either.

No it’s a very low crime area, there are honesty boxes dotted around the village for milk,eggs etc, the fastest way out would be through the exit back onto main road, the least public would be the slowest across fields where you would stand out like a sore thumb….I can’t believe there is not more dash cam footage given the time of day and the amount of traffic, it’s a well used main road!!
A stranger would be noticed?

Not sure if this has been shared but on here it says she was seen by the first witness at 9.15am and then by a second witness at 9.20am (the 70 year old with the white dog) Last known movements of missing mother Nicola Bulley

Snipped for clarity -

9.15am - A dogwalker who had been in a nearby field saw her at 9.15am on a footpath by the River Wyre.
The man - who has not been identified - said there had been nothing unusual about her appearance and she was walking her regular route.

9.20am - Nicola is believed to have been seen again by a pensioner in his 70s at this time.
He was walking a small white fluffy dog on a lead and later spoke to another woman, who was also in the area around half an hour later.

Scenario 1. Fell attending to Willow, entered river and swept away. Although seems from locals that dosen't feel possible with pace of flow. However being unconscious from exposure to sudden cold could've happened for sure.

Scenario 2. This house....Again a tenuous link but Leah Croucher case. Endless theories on here and in the end it seems she met her end in a house she walked past most days on the way to work.

Has it been established if she knew the occupant of the house or who it's registered to?

Scenario 3. Random attack. Can happen if someone with awful thoughts in their mind was lurking behind the gate and waited until she sat down on the bench and was looking at her phone.

But simply no evidence of any of that given the bench can be viewed from quite a distance. Perhaps someone can up to her and she walked off (without her phone?) but it feels the most far fetched theory compared to the other two scenarios.

That's the best I have from the reports and location anyway.

I think the phone is key to this.

Why would you leave the phone? People nowadays do not leave their phone ever, they pop the phone in their pocket or bag, it's barely out of their hand.

It's like the phone has been planted or left there intentionally because she's been taken elsewhere and the phone would be traceable.

From everything I've read, the possibility of a fall in to the way seems low to me, why leave the phone? Why leave the harness? Even hours after being in water, dogs ears are still wet and straggly, yet this doesn't seem to be the case. Also, if it was a regular haunt of NB, the dog would know the area and NB would also be familiar with the spots to avoid, if there were any.

Pinning my colours to the mast - horrible as it sounds, I don't think this is a tragic accident - there's something bad happened here IMO

Here’s the link to the river levels At St Michaels. You can check points upstream and downstream and the maps. The depth level at St Michaels is 0.4 m, the next point just upstream is 7m. Very variable.

There seems to be a black hole where there would normally be information from the police regarding someone's car when they drove somewhere and then went missing. I wonder when the car was located, accessed, removed, and by whom, and whether the police have 'processed' it?

There seems to be a black hole where there would normally be information from the police regarding someone's car when they drove somewhere and then went missing. I wonder when the car was located, accessed, removed, and by whom, and whether the police have 'processed' it?
Which might be why the police were so cagey about it in the presser

My thoughts..
Ok so something happens and NB leaves...

Willow is left running around in field with lead and harness on.
Phone is on floor or bench.
First woman finds dog but has appointment so has to leave. Ties Willow to bench. Rings and raises alarm that dog is there.
Woman leaves. Dog gets out of harness leaving harness at bench. Possibly knocking phone on floor?
Couple arrive through gate woman goes to get dog that is now "agitated", man notices and picks up phone. Not tech savy but sees her picture on screen saver. Puts phone on bench. Phone calls are made. Police arrive finding phone and harness on bench. Looks like items just left there so assume she might of gone in river due to lack of clarity at the time. I also think something sadly bad has happened here :(

IMO, if we are assuming that NB was at some point sat at the bench, logged on to the team meeting call, with Willow unleashed, then from there what potential scenarios could have occurred? Please add to the list obviously do not name names or suspects, family or propose scenarios in anyway that make accusations against any individual, blame anyone, breaches privacy or are defamatory.

What logically could have happened to NB?

If NB has entered the river, then it has to have been by way of accident (willow), misadventure, fallen in, had a medical episode, been pushed in, went for a swim, something to do with mental health.

If NB has not entered the river, then what do you think has actually happened, and where are the areas of interest you think LE should be looking? Where could NB or any potential 3rd party involved in foul play realistically go or escape to?

Were the phone and dog lead left at the bench through NB panicking to save her stricken dog, a simple accident and trip, was NB taken in the blink of an eye by an unknown 3rd party or did something scare NB so badly causing her to run, perhaps escaping through the gate that creaks, becoming separated from Willow in the process? What is logical and fathomable to what happened to NB if she did not enter the river?

A tree falling in the woods with no-one around makes no sound. Though implausible, and with no real evidence at present to suggest otherwise, in theory NB could have been abducted by one or more unknown individuals and its just unfortunate that absolutely no one was around at the time it happened to witness it or hear anything.

What do you think?

Really keen to hear peoples thoughts.
I think if it was an abduction it must have happened nearer to an access road/building so that she could quickly be put into a car or hidden in a building. If it happened at the bench that’s a long way to be carrying/dragging someone, unless the perp feigned an emergency and she got up in a hurry and then was overcome nearer a building/car. That would explain her phone, dog, harness etc being left at the bench. Either that or something did happen nearer to an access road/building and the dog/phone/harness was planted at the bench later (if that happened it must have been someone who knew her regular waking route). Very slim timeline though.

The only other explanation I can foresee is a slip into the river, a bang to the head rendering her unconscious followed by drowning. I feel sad writing that. Poor lady and her family.

Again JMO.

Here’s the link to the river levels At St Michaels. You can check points upstream and downstream and the maps. The depth level at St Michaels is 0.4 m, the next point just upstream is 7m. Very variable.
Where is it 7m? You sure thats not the max depth? River was low that day.

I've just re-read that statement from her boss again:

“It seems as if she was muted and didn’t have her camera on. She was listening in whilst walking her dog,” he said.

If she logged on and was muted and camera off, how would he know she was walking her dog?

That has always bothered me too! How would he know?

That has always bothered me too! How would he know?
I dont think he does know is it possible he knew she normally did this and said that just as a matter of course without realising the implication possibly. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member