Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO

Nobody saw her? Nobody heard her? Where is she? The river doesn’t look fast flowing. Searches were underway say 3 hours after. How far could she have got? Or did she fall in elsewhere other than by the bench? Was Willow distracted by something so didn’t see her fall in the water? Was she conscious when she fell in?

Unconscious and fast sinking maybe why willow didn’t get in the water because she didn’t realise where NB got to.

I’m going with medical episode. Therefore, no screams or attempts made to get out. And it must have happened very fast that by the time Willow came back to the bench, NB was nowhere to be seen. So Willow didn’t go in the water and wondered where NB got to so looked worried.

Only sense I can make of it. Just thinking out aloud.

MOO
A other dog walker chatted with NB as their dogs played
But no one else
The dog now appears to be of interest
Why don't they take her back and see what she does
A suspicious vehicle in a car park but since been ruled out
The police made a point of NB clothes she wore and to keep a look out
Ten minute window now what happened to NB

Sorry if I'm repeating myself, but according to Police the last time Nicola was seen was 9.10 in upper field. Explanations for phone,dog,harness, lead, bench IMO is speculation; Police have no other alternative evidence, does not mean it does not exist. Witness statement: she was seen alive & well at 9.10. Now, it could well be she walked or ran down the field (Willow off harness) placed her phone on bench, fell into river etc. etc. BUT last known sighting was 9.10
Exactly. And they don't have a duty to inform the public of existing information/evidence that might suggest another scenario unless there is a known specific risk to the public.

Sorry if I'm repeating myself, but according to Police the last time Nicola was seen was 9.10 in upper field. Explanations for phone,dog,harness, lead, bench IMO is speculation; Police have no other alternative evidence, does not mean it does not exist. Witness statement: she was seen alive & well at 9.10. Now, it could well be she walked or ran down the field (Willow off harness) placed her phone on bench, fell into river etc. etc. BUT last known sighting was 9.10
And that’s if the witness who saw her at 9.10 is (a) reliable and (b) telling the truth. JMO.

A other dog walker chatted with NB as their dogs played
But no one else
The dog now appears to be of interest
Why don't they take her back and see what she does
A suspicious vehicle in a car park but since been ruled out
The police made a point of NB clothes she wore and to keep a look out
Ten minute window now what happened to NB
Was that the 70-year-old gentleman with the fluffy dog?

Like so many others, I can't stop thinking about Nicola and what might have happened to her.

My most recent thoughts are that her clothes - long black and green items that conceal her almost completely - could not be more suited to making her hard to spot in a murky river.

Also, I still find it odd that the police - as right as they probably are - immediately and publicly stated that a lone female had gone missing with no 3rd party involvement. What was it that made them so sure? No witnesses had been interviewed at that point and so on. They mentioned NB's connections to other areas. I do think that early on, LE might have considered NB choosing to walk away, something that her sister echoed in her own words. This is no criticism in any sense - I think the police are doing an excellent job and the top-down leadership is really impressive and compassionate. I'm just genuinely curious about what made them SO certain, when the initial scenario must have seemed ambiguous at best. MOO

There are 2 possible exits that lead onto Garstang Road.
1 - through Wyreside caravan park and up Allotment Lane.
2 - there is what appears to be a “service road” running through Rowanwater. This road is unnamed on Google map. It splits into to two. The part of the road furthest right on the map - if you zoom in on the end of this road there are what appear to be a row of parking spaces. This is approximately 50 metres from where NB was last physically seen in the higher field.

(Apologies I couldn’t edit your map to circle these areas but I’m sure this makes sense)
Isn't the "service rd" the road leading to the Rowanwater mobile home site?

You would think so yes. If you were to stumble and could see you were about to fall or anlready in the process of falling into a river you would naturally scream/shout imo.
I don't ever scream out. As far as I understand it, in the event of a very quick shock/accident, most people concentrate on the physicality of it. The closest example I can give is falling out of a boat on a kind of white water rafting activity. I fell out twice and didn't make a noise either time. All my focus went into trying not to hurt myself. Even if she did scream, I guess no one heard. Clearly, no one was close enough to see...

It's common for there to be conflicting information in cases, especially ones with a high public interest where it is heavily reported in the media. And as time goes on the info will be more uniform. According to the latest police conference, there were 3 sightings (8:43am, 8:47am, and 9:10am). As for the phone, they believe it was on the bench at 9:20.
I wonder how the police know it was on the bench at 9.20

Thank you for your reply. Yes I understand that and you have a point. Having said that, even if we accept this and basically say, anyone who falls into water in winter dies pretty instantly (and - with the utmost respect - that appears a strong statement to me, there are winter swimmers and people jumping into ice baths in thermal baths etc), the next question is how did the body disappear so fast and without any trace.

It's not the case that anyone that falls into water in the winter dies, it depends on the circumstances and how the body reacts. The shock response can, in some people paralyse their muscles too. That very thing happend to a teen in a body of water where I live in the summer just gone. The temperature difference paralysed his muscles and he drowned not being able to help himself. It's not a statement, cold water shock is a very real thing. It's shocking to me that more people do not know about the dangers of cold water, there needs to be more education right from the start in schools in my opinion.

I can't answer the question regarding why her body would disappear so fast. I'm personally not certain shes in the water.

Last edited:
The police will have plenty of info they haven't released that has brought them to this conclusion.

What a horrible tragedy, poor Nicola and her poor family.

Yes the police will know more than they're saying. I just hope Nicola is found very soon so her family can get as many answers as possible. It would be a shame if they never found out what caused her to be in the river (assuming she is)

Like so many others, I can't stop thinking about Nicola and what might have happened to her.

My most recent thoughts are that her clothes - long black and green items that conceal her almost completely - could not be more suited to making her hard to spot in a murky river.

Also, I still find it odd that the police - as right as they probably are - immediately and publicly stated that a lone female had gone missing with no 3rd party involvement. What was it that made them so sure? No witnesses had been interviewed at that point and so on. They mentioned NB's connections to other areas. I do think that early on, LE might have considered NB choosing to walk away, something that her sister echoed in her own words. This is no criticism in any sense - I think the police are doing an excellent job and the top-down leadership is really impressive and compassionate. I'm just genuinely curious about what made them SO certain, when the initial scenario must have seemed ambiguous at best. MOO
Was there mention of links to Thornton Cleveleys <modsnip - sleuthing family>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't ever scream out. As far as I understand it, in the event of a very quick shock/accident, most people concentrate on the physicality of it. The closest example I can give is falling out of a boat on a kind of white water rafting activity. I fell out twice and didn't make a noise either time. All my focus went into trying not to hurt myself. Even if she did scream, I guess no one heard. Clearly, no one was close enough to see...
I guess it’s different from person to person. I myself do make some kind of noise when falling/tripping whatever. But thank you for your input

hi. new to this site. Tried going through all the posts on NB but not sure if the following have been asked and answered - if so, please direct me as such.
1. I get that the 'most likely' possibility is accidentally falling into river BUT isn't this all based on where phone, lead and harness was?
On this point, yes it Looks like NB fell into river but there is no evidence of slip and IMO as a dog owner of similar breed, im almost certain the dog would have sensed danger and jumped in. If the dog was separated from owner then yes it may not have entered river but sat by where NB's scent was (harness/phone/bench/gate - wherever).
2. How do they KNOW she was on bench at all. Witnesses apparently indicate she was in fields etc but does it state anywhere that she left fields and conclusively went to bench? Just because lead/phone etc was on or around bench doesnt exclude them being placed there by someone else.The dog, if unable to locate owner, would sniff out its lead and harness and probably be running between in distress
3. If there is no CCTV at one exit, then isnt it feasible that someone knew that (potentially even NB)

This is exactly correct!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member