Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

StillDiggin

Reaction score
#MISSING | Have you seen Nicola Bulley, who has gone missing from home in Inskip?

Nicola, 45, was last seen at around 9.15am today (Friday, January 27th) on the footpath by the river off Garstang Road in St Michael’s on Wyre.

She is described as white, 5ft 3ins tall, with light brown shoulder-length hair. She speaks with an Essex accent.

She was last seen wearing a long black gilet jacket with a hood, black jeans and olive green ankle wellies. Her hair was tied into a ponytail.

Immediately prior to going missing she was walking her dog, described as a brown-coloured Spaniel. Although the dog has since been found close to where we believe Nicola was last seen, we hope this might help jog the memory of anybody who saw her at around the same time and who may have information about where she was going.
Lancashire Police

Nicola Jane Bulley FB page
Nikki Bulley - Mortgage Adviser - FB page

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3

3 Feb 2023

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:

Welcome to all our new members who have joined the discussion. We were all new once and it takes a while to learn all the ins and outs, become familiar with our Terms of Service, and generally how Websleuths rolls. New members MUST read The Rules that they agreed to upon registering at Websleuths.

Multiple posts have been removed or snipped for violating various rules. Please keep the following in mind when discussing Nicola's case:

1. Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case. Do not victim blame or shame or make judgmental comments about them.

2. No sleuthing or insinuations/accusations against anyone who is not officially named a POI/suspect by LE. At Websleuths every family member, every parent, friend, etc. is considered a victim unless they are an officially named POI or suspect. Do not sleuth people or make inappropriate comments about them.

3. Members can not bring “comments” by the general public into this discussion. What you "heard somewhere" or "read somewhere" "think you heard", etc. is NOT an approved source. If you can't link it, you can't post it. They are considered rumor and your post will be removed and members may face a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

4. Information stated as fact must be supported by a link to a mainstream media or law enforcement source (or other WS approved source) to substantiate the fact, otherwise the post will be removed, along with all responses to it. If you aren't sure if a source is approved, please use the Report feature to ask for approval before discussing any of the content.

5. All images, including screenshots, require a link to an approved source. If you can't provide a link from MSM, LE or another approved source, don't post it.

6. STOP replying to obvious violations of TOS. If you do, then we have to moderate the original post, and your post, and anybody who replied to your post, and so on and so forth. Report, don't reply to TOS violations.

Thank you.

MOD NOTE:

Folks, please remember information stated as fact must be supported by a link to a mainstream media or law enforcement source (or other WS approved source) to substantiate the fact. If the comment is your opinion only, you must state that as well by using IMO, MOO or a similar variation. It is not only against TOS to post without a link or a disclaimer stating it is your opinion, it is also rude to the reader to have to go 46 pages back find the link or guess whether it's a fact or your opinion.

Posts that violate TOS will be removed along with all responses to it. Please read The Rules and familiarize yourself with Websleuths' lingo.

All images, including screenshots, require a link to an approved source. If you can't provide a link from MSM, LE or another approved source, don't post it.

If you aren't sure whether a source is approved, please use the Report feature to ask for approval before discussing any of the content.

Thanks!

MOD NOTE:

No one has been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect. Statements made by family members and other third parties are open for discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

MOD NOTE:

Yet another reminder about sources, from the Etiquette & Information section of The Rules. Failure to follow these simple rules will result in removal of your posts along with all responses to them and possibly a thread reply ban or a timeout.

Information stated as fact must be supported by a link
to a mainstream media or law enforcement source (or other WS approved source) to substantiate the fact. If the comment is your opinion only, you must state that as well by using IMO, MOO or a similar variation.

And from the Social Media section:

ALLOWED SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as officially named by LE)

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Approved group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for..." (usually a page run by family)
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

Please don't post random YT, Twitter, etc. links that have not been approved here. Use the Report feature on any post to contact the Mod Team for approval before you post the link.

NOT ALLOWED

Names or images of minor children are not allowed unless they are the missing or deceased victim.

Social media pages of family members and/or friends of either a victim or a suspect, and most any other individual are OFF LIMITS. Random blogs or random youtube videos are also OFF LIMITS. Don't link to these pages or make reference to information you find on them.

NOTE:

Exceptions to any of the above must be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via an Alert (using the Report feature) or by private message.

COMMENTS on allowed sources are NOT allowed, as they can't be vetted for accuracy.

MOD NOTE:

VICTIM FRIENDLY POLICY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

• We do not speculate on a victim somehow being responsible for their own disappearance or death unless there is information from an official source to indicate that is the case. Mental health/depression/suicidal ideation, voluntary disappearance, etc. is not a known fact. No unwarranted speculation about possible affairs or potential mental health issues. There is a difference between discussing what is in MSM and sleuthing. Discussing, questioning, opining, speculating reasonably on what is in MSM or from LE is allowed. Speculating on what you see or hear from non-approved sources is not allowed.

• Nicola's family members are victims. Insinuations, indirect or direct accusations about them are not allowed.

• Random blogs or videos are not allowed at any time UNLESS with the pre-approval of a Mod or Admin. You MUST provide a link to information you state as fact, or clearly indicate it is your speculative opinion (i.e. I think, I believe, JMO, MOO, etc), otherwise your post and all responses to it will be removed. NO LINK, NO POST.

• Discussing removed posts and/or moderation is a violation of TOS and is subject to an automatic Time Out.
If you have questions for Moderators, use the Report button to enquire and a Mod or Admin will try to clarify. Do not derail the thread with such off-topic questions.

Please just read The Rules folks. We can't be posting the basic rules over and over again.

How many people actually saw the lady walking there with her dog on the morning she disappeared?
I find the newspaper reports very confusing, especially with regard to where her mobile phone was found and it seems to me, from these boards, there is now confusion over dog leads/harness.
The phone has been found at the bench/on the bench/on the ground. Which actually is it? Other than this I do hope the lady is found safe and well, I really feel for her family and friends who must be going through hell.
It's common for there to be conflicting information in cases, especially ones with a high public interest where it is heavily reported in the media. And as time goes on the info will be more uniform. According to the latest police conference, there were 3 sightings (8:43am, 8:47am, and 9:10am). As for the phone, they believe it was on the bench at 9:20.

Sorry I'm a bit of a noob at replying from previous threads but the below was a response to someone questioning why she couldn't get herself out (if this is what happened)

This is all personal anecdote but I jumped (not fell) into a river in an attempt to end my life around 6 years ago and basically the second I hit the water I regretted it. Even though I was expecting the cold I can't overstate the shock your body goes into, it's like I turned into a stone. I consider myself a very strong swimmer, happily will swim in the sea but genuinely my body was unable to move and I had no air in my lungs. I was wearing shoes so kicking around was impossible and I just basically accepted I had made my bed by jumping in, and even though I really wanted to get out, I couldn't. Anyway luckily a DPD driver was out delivering nearby late at night, saw me and rescued me but without anyone there I would have easily gone under. This was the river tees too so not a very big or very strong river.

All completely anecdotal of course but just an insight into how even a very strong capable swimmer can be shocked by cold water/fear/panic and not be able to get out

The fact her mobile phone was found at the scene makes me think it was an accident as surely an attacker would have chucked it in the river to dispose of it quickly. JMO

Also I'm assuming the dog would have protected Nicola and the attacker would have therefore kicked (or worse) the dog to subdue it and therefore there'd have been injuries to the dog, the dog would be more aggressive or subdued when found rather than frantic/confused. I do feel it is likely it is just a tragic accident but it's the not knowing exactly what happened between the bench and the river that is so puzzling, and unfortunately we may never know.

I noticed that the police were interested in the 10min window between 9.10 (last sighting) and 9.20 (phone on bench). I wonder why that is? If they assumed she reached the bench with her phone, surely it’s the 9.20-9.35 time period when something happened? Unless they still think something could have happened between 9.10-9.20 and her phone was placed at the bench after. Im struggling to see anything other than an accident now with cctv covering most exits. Unless any of the witnesses are lying of course. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes