ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 71

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a new article, just wanted to remind members that the PA search warrant could be unsealed later this month. I'm looking forward to seeing what LE found at the family home and in his car. Especially his car.

"Kohberger's Pennsylvania public defender Jason Labar told 69 News sealed search warrants unseal after 60 days from when they were signed, unless a motion is filed earlier. That means the search warrants for Kohberger's parents' Chestnuthill Township home may be unsealed at the end of February or early March."
"Unless a motion is filed earlier."

This isn't a new article, just wanted to remind members that the PA search warrant could be unsealed later this month. I'm looking forward to seeing what LE found at the family home and in his car. Especially his car.

"Kohberger's Pennsylvania public defender Jason Labar told 69 News sealed search warrants unseal after 60 days from when they were signed, unless a motion is filed earlier. That means the search warrants for Kohberger's parents' Chestnuthill Township home may be unsealed at the end of February or early March."
The search warrant won't say what they found, will it? Just what they were looking for...

If DM stayed in her room after calling her roommates without reponse wouldn’t that actually be beyond brave? I picture a dark quiet house that as far as she knew just had everyone screaming in it and a masked stranger running around. Now she was stuck with her only protection being a residential door.

This is why police INVESTIGATE. What they learn as they investigate changes their understanding of what happened.

Exactly what I have said. I have posted that investigations evolve over time as investigators gather new evidence. This even happens after arrest. The public expects instant answers, instant arrests, doesn't work that way.

Often Grand Juries need to hear the evidence and if not enough evidence, then they hear more later, when enough, then arrests.

Last edited:
The search warrant won't say what they found, will it? Just what they were looking for...

Well, the paperwork for BK’s apartment listed what they found and removed, but not what further investigation showed. For example, red stains on the pillow, but not whether that was a bloodstain.

I’d expect somewhat the same style for the PA warrants. It might vary, depending on the PA laws.

Protecting DM and BF makes perfect sense to me, as you explain it.

I was thinking more about "they were all asleep in their beds", "the intruder targeted one person; no threat to the community" v. "the intruder targeted the house", "crime of passion" v. "premeditated and carefully planned", etc.

I am well aware that SCOTUS allows LE to mislead suspects and I assume it is legal to release false info to the media. But that in itself doesn't preclude a defense attorney from arguing that given all the erroneous info released, LE is not to be trusted in this case.

Please provide the many inconsistencies with LINKS to all these misleading accounts and conflicting accounts LE was announcing to the public THAT YOU SAY MIGHT HURT THE CASE. I asked before, you have mentioned this several times with no links.

I am only finding one inconsistency, targeted attack or not targeted attack. LE even ADMITTING it was miscommunication which is not enough for the defense to run with. Miscommunication happens. Means nothing in terms of discrediting LE investigators.

THANK YOU

Authorities initially said the stabbings were an "isolated targeted attack," without offering specifics why and that there was "no imminent threat" to the public.

Moscow Police Chief James Fry backtracked that declaration on Nov. 16. "We cannot say there’s no threat to the community and as we have stated, please stay vigilant, report any suspicious activity and be aware of your surroundings at all times," Fry said.

More questions mounted last week after Latah County prosecutor Bill Thompson said during an interview with NewsNation on Tuesday that "investigators believe that whoever is responsible was specifically looking at this particular residence."

Chief James Fry speaks during a press conference about a quadruple homicide investigation involving four University of Idaho students at the Moscow Police Department on Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2022, in Moscow, Idaho.
The following day, Moscow police walked back Thompson's comments slightly, saying there had been a "miscommunication" with the lead prosecutor and that investigators were still seeking a motive.

"We have spoken with the Latah County Prosecutor's Office and identified this was a miscommunication," Moscow police said in a press release.

"Detectives do not currently know if the residence or any occupants were specifically targeted but continue to investigate," police said. "At this time, there is no change or new information in this case, and references otherwise would be inaccurate."

Last edited:
I’m still baffled by the language used in PCA , regarding DM statement:
“DM stated she originally she went to sleep in her bedroom on the southeast side of the second floor ……”. So where did she end up later on ? southeast side of the first floor ? “ Originally” says to me she moved to another location at some point .

I’m still baffled by the language used in PCA , regarding DM statement:
“DM stated she originally she went to sleep in her bedroom on the southeast side of the second floor ……”. So where did she end up later on ? southeast side of the first floor ? “ Originally” says to me she moved to another location at some point .
I've always taken that to mean she originally went to sleep before getting up several times to check on noises she heard. Not that she moved to another room later. She could have, but the PCA doesn't state that.

If DM stayed in her room after calling her roommates without reponse wouldn’t that actually be beyond brave? I picture a dark quiet house that as far as she knew just had everyone screaming in it and a masked stranger running around. Now she was stuck with her only protection being a residential door.

I'm not sure she rationally thought about how flimsy a residential door is nor do I know if she hid someplace in her room but whatever decision she made allowed her to provide some insight and gave LE some information to start their investigation and in hindsight, it very well may have saved her life.

Please provide the many inconsistencies with LINKS to all these misleading accounts and conflicting accounts LE was announcing to the public THAT YOU SAY MIGHT HURT THE CASE. I asked before, you have mentioned this several times with no links.

I am only finding one inconsistency, targeted attack or not targeted attack. LE even ADMITTING it was miscommunication which is not enough for the defense to run with. Miscommunication happens. Means nothing.

THANK YOU

Targeted attack vs non-targeted attack doesn’t bother me. Those are obviously just opinions. Opinions can vary from person to person, and can vary over time, as more evidence is collected.

I agree: means nothing.

Targeted attack vs non-targeted attack doesn’t bother me. Those are obviously just opinions. Opinions can vary from person to person, and can vary over time, as more evidence is collected.

I agree: means nothing.

Thank you. This whole thing about LE making so many mistakes that the defense could try to discredit them has no basis in fact. Makes LE look incompetent when I do not believe this is the case.

If I am missing something I am open to examining this. No problem

I've always taken that to mean she originally went to sleep before getting up several times to check on noises she heard. Not that she moved to another room later. She could have, but the PCA doesn't state that.
Why add “Originally” …remove that word from PCA, and your analysis would still make sense . But it was added language , why ?
I think she eventually went to the first floor , at some point .

Jmo, I believe she left the second floor bedroom at some point , to take slumber on floor one .

I interpreted it the same. I feel there is more to her statement, which likely involves certain noises that she perceived as being enough to wake her up a couple times but I'm very thankful that she's withholding her story until it matters.

The PCA doesn't mention any screaming, "just" crying and whimpering which would certainly be hair raising on its own. A lot has been left out of the PCA, so it's possible screaming was left out as well. If that was really Ethan's SIL who posted to Reddit, she clearly thought D tried to call all the roomies. It would certainly be logical of D to try, but we don't have any confirmation of that.

There are some differences. This was 11 minutes, not all victims were sleeping (at least one was awake and fought back), and this was on two different floors in a house with a strange layout. JMO

Well, in Ted's 15 minutes, he went to 3 separate bedrooms and in addition to bludgeoning all 4 women he managed to also garrotte 2 of them to death, and sexually molest and assault one of the dead women. By comparison, a straightforward stabbing of 4 women with brief tussle with X and maybe E in 11 or so minutes seems entirely doable.

Ladies, Just an FYI. If you live alone and fear someone coming into your bedroom while you sleep: 1) get a sturdier lock installed, 2) push a dresser in front of the door and 3) have an escape plan through a window.

Ladies, Just an FYI. If you live alone and fear someone coming into your bedroom while you sleep: 1) get a sturdier lock installed, 2) push a dresser in front of the door and 3) have an escape plan through a window.

Install security cameras and security alarms and buy a gun and learn how to use it. Keep phone next to you and turned on to quickly call 911.

A big loud dog can't be underestimated.

A dresser in front of the door might be dangerous in case of fire.
And jumping out of the window might be impossible when living on higher floors.

But... :)

Invest in really good alarm system connected to security firm.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members