Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed there is a boat big enough to fit PF's Ego in.
Shut up and searc

While it does seem peculiar that a diver went down the day NB disappeared, apparently the water is very turbid and we don't know the exact time first diver went down ( was it many hours later)
I dont know exactly but it was same day and still daylight so I presume a few hours later

I’ve had dogs all my life and ran several dog businesses. Trust me, most dogs will get distracted by food.

If you ever get a dog you’ll quickly learn this

I run a dog rescue in the UK and have 4 dogs myself - you absolutely could not distract any of them with food. Lots of our rescue dogs will not take treats until they absolutely trust the person giving them. My own dogs would not leave me on a walk to eat treats a stranger had thrown down. In the absence of a ‘pack leader’ (a theory which has been completely debunked by the person who came up with it in the first place), if I were to fall in the river for example, my dogs would stay in the area I was last in and after several hours probably attempt to follow the trail home.

It literally only takes a couple of seconds for something to happen. When I was 14 on a day out in London with my friends an older man tried to pull me onto a tube train with him that I had just got off. I froze and didn’t scream or react. I was in absolute fear. My friends were ahead of me and run back towards me when they realised what was happening. This was during the day at a busy tube station.
Very easy for someone to do something in that time period, plus Nicola was fairly short and petite which would make it easier for someone to overcome her.
Wouldn’t the person of thrown her phone into the water ? Or just got lucky with the way everything panned out

I dont know exactly but it was same day and still daylight so I presume a few hours later
just had a look Russ
apparently they do, if needed but don't have any indications of when this happened

'Public safety divers respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and may be required to dive in the middle of the night, during inclement weather, in zero visibility "black water," or in waters polluted by chemicals and biohazards'

I volunteer for a rescue who finds people stuck up mountains and are lost in very rural places moors etc. Many have a medical emergency. Frequently they have dogs with them, many of which will be found some way from the person as the anxiety the dogs feel makes them want to reverse their movements and go home. Others will run at the sound of us approaching, which often will be a single rescuer as we split up in some areas, to cover more ground.

Neither myself or the team have ever had to chase after a dog. They’re without fail, overjoyed to see us. They’re pack leader isn’t able to lead, so they are very, very relieved to have another one.

Dogs are dogs.

Just my several decades of experience including some high profile cases.
In all those cases the owner was still around in some capacity and you were associating with them, which is key. Dogs bark at strangers approaching the house, but when the owner lets them inside they stop; it's the same behaviour.

This dog's behaviour is exactly consistent with what you describe; it was hanging around where the pack leader last was, waiting to be led.

I volunteer for a rescue who finds people stuck up mountains and are lost in very rural places moors etc. Many have a medical emergency. Frequently they have dogs with them, many of which will be found some way from the person as the anxiety the dogs feel makes them want to reverse their movements and go home. Others will run at the sound of us approaching, which often will be a single rescuer as we split up in some areas, to cover more ground.

Neither myself or the team have ever had to chase after a dog. They’re without fail, overjoyed to see us. They’re pack leader isn’t able to lead, so they are very, very relieved to have another one.

Dogs are dogs.

Thank you for everything you do :)

On dog behaviour (I have a working spaniel). Think it’s fair to say that every dog is different, and unless you have trained and conditioned a specific and reliable behaviour to a situation… you can’t predict accurately how they (particularly a dog you don’t personally know) will respond.

(And even if you have… they’re still dogs who sometimes decide they’re going to do things their own way for no apparent reason! )

Edited for clarity

I run a dog rescue in the UK and have 4 dogs myself - you absolutely could not distract any of them with food. Lots of our rescue dogs will not take treats until they absolutely trust the person giving them. My own dogs would not leave me on a walk to eat treats a stranger had thrown down. In the absence of a ‘pack leader’ (a theory which has been completely debunked by the person who came up with it in the first place), if I were to fall in the river for example, my dogs would stay in the area I was last in and after several hours probably attempt to follow the trail home.
<modsnip: rude>

I can only speak from personally experience in that the majority of dogs will be distracted by food. It’s a reward mechanism after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
This agrees entirely with my own experiences. The idea that you could distract a dog with food while you attack its owner is absurd.

Wouldn’t the person of thrown her phone into the water ? Or just got lucky with the way everything panned out
Maybe the attacker wasn’t even aware there was a phone at the scene. If Nicola was milling round near the bench or dog or river bank and they have grabbed her they might not have even seen it, especially if it was dark coloured sitting on the bench. I feel like she was attacked and the person has got extremely lucky without being detected or leaving any trail. Just my opinion.

Could Nicola have returned home via the back garden? Is the CCTC only at the front?

I have been following and occasionally posting since thread 1.

In my opinion, the newly released CCTV still of Nicola leaving her house with Willow the dog doesn’t really look like her. She is shown in all photos to wear her hair straightened and down, and wear a hat on dog walks. In the CCTV photo she has no hat and a pony tail. I wonder if this has struck anyone else?

In my opinion, the newly released CCTV still of Nicola leaving her house with Willow the dog doesn’t really look like her. She is shown in all photos to wear her hair straightened and down, and wear a hat on dog walks. In the CCTV photo she has no hat and a pony tail. I wonder if this has struck anyone else?
Oh come on now. So PA has managed to get a lookalike of NB to come to their house and get filmed in the morning on their Ring camera?

In the newest picture Nicolas hair looks dark brown. Maybe it’s just the way the camera is but imo I agree. The dog looks like hers but though. Quite unlikely to be a different person realistically

Dogs are dogs.

That’s helpful thanks.

It‘s possible, hypothetically, that NB went further than where her personal items were found, and the dog went back there.

This agrees entirely with my own experiences. The idea that you could distract a dog with food while you attack its owner is absurd.
You couldn't distract a dog with a bone while quietly walking away with someone holding a weapon to them? Hardly absurd is it?

I thought it didn’t really look like her but the quality isn’t great and people can look very different at certain angles, perhaps no make up on etc. I did think that it looked like she had really sunken cheekbones in the new cctv and thinner than in photos. But like I said it’s not best quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500