Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
She did hear it second hand, on the other hand it‘s more specific as to who and where than the vague police language - which as I and many others have noted never said “the phone was found on the bench by x”.

That may be the case but it needs clarifying.
She says at 4mins 55 secs in "at 9.20 through enquiries we've made we believe that her phone was on the bench" that's the first time her phone was seen by a witness that has come forward and it was on the bench.
https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...arance-and-appeal-for-dashcam-footage-4014687
I think the "we believe" comes from that person never picked it up to confirm it was definitely hers, they just saw a phone and left it. Also "we believe" as they have also heard the phone was on the ground story but all witnesses they have say it was on the bench.

I don’t recall a case with such a mess with regards to timings, witnesses, where the phone, dog, harness lead is etc. Particularly when that info has been told to the public. Many don’t even really believe there’s merely a 10 minute window in which whatever happened to Nicola, took place. It’s wrapping us in knots and must be frustrating for the family.

Either the police need better training in this area, or could this possibly be contradictory and vague for a specific reason? If anyone else is involved, they must be feeling very clever at the moment. It looks like no-one has a clue what’s happened. But behind the scenes the police have gathered masses amounts of info. Cases are as much about ruling things out. That’s why an accurate search of the river is so important. I just hope the police and this search guy are right in their belief that Nicola hasn’t reached the sea, because unless she’s found in the river, we won’t ever really know this, for certain.
I am sure this is not the first case ,where things seem contradictory etc. We may just not have paid as much attention as we are on this one. I can't remember the last missing person case that got this much attention for the press, mainstream TV and newspapers though,considering how many go missing every day. This is the one thing that puzzled me the most!
her family may also know far more from the police than we the public have been told, which is as it should be.

Compare this with the probability of being abducted while walking a dog, and the phone connected to a Teams call being left behind, and the dog not following the abductor. Which has a higher chance?
I don’t think, for that reason, that a random abduction has taken place. Or an opportunist crime. I believe that this has to be Nicola going somewhere- deviation of usual route- through coercion. She was persuaded .. or planned to meet… or met with what seemed to her… someone she knew but was surprised by. This happened shortly after she sent the email and logged in to Teams. Unless someone did that on her behalf

If the last known sighting of her was in the upper field adjoining the residential lodges on Rowanwater, I'm baffled as to why these weren't searched on the first day of the investig

If the last known sighting of her was in the upper field adjoining the residential lodges on Rowanwater, I'm baffled as to why these weren't searched on the first day of the investigation.
Because they messed up by presuming she fell in the river. Its basic police work to tape off and search the last place she was spotted. Absolute mess from minute 1 this case

Compare this with the probability of being abducted while walking a dog, and the phone connected to a Teams call being left behind, and the dog not following the abductor. Which has a higher chance?
I don’t think, for that reason, that a random abduction has taken place. Or an opportunist crime. I believe that this has to be Nicola going somewhere- deviation of usual route- through coercion. She was persuaded .. or planned to meet… or met with what seemed to her… someone she knew but was surprised by. This happened shortly after she sent the email and logged in to Teams. Unless someone did that on her behalf

Can someone enlighten me as to what NB did as a profession ? Just out of interest as I haven’t heard it mentioned ? I’m sure I heard something about working from home or was that just the husband ?

I hate to tread here but I have to ask - does anyone know who supplied the CCTV footage of Nicola? Was it supplied to police or was it sourced by police?
Reason being, the most recent Natalie McNally case. Alibi for perp was that he was live streaming for 6 hours on youtube. He was questioned and released unconditionally. Turned out it was a pre recorded stream, recorded 4 days prior to the date it was then streamed as "live".

Police didn't realize this until it was checked out by computer experts.

It has made me trust nothing about video evidence now.

According to police timeline

8:47am (approximately): A dog-walker – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her walking around the lower field with her dog. Their two dogs interacted briefly before the witness left the field via the river path

Do we know if this witness saw anybody walking back up the river path towards Garstang/Blackpool Ln?

9.10am (approximately): A witness – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her on the upper field walking her dog, Willow. Work is ongoing today to establish exactly what time this was.

Where abouts on the map was this witness and Which direction was this witness walking?

Where abouts on the map was NB when the witness could see her and which direction was she walking?

There's a risk of people saying this, but the thing is, their working hypothesis is the one likeliest to be right. There is no evidence of any kind of assault or attacker. The best argument for there being one is if the river search comes up empty, which is kind of circular.
Well there is no known evidence of attack in the locations where it is supposed it occurred… there may well be evidence of an attack but no one is looking in the right place

<modsnip - quoted post and response to it removed>
I think the S&R person saying that dogs are often found away from their owner and can retrace their steps towards home is useful. Whether relevant here I’ve no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you suggesting?
Whether Nicola could have returned home via the back garden, or whether CCTV covers both the front and back. Or more specifically, can anyone?

If she has a stalker, could they access the property via the back? I’m not specifically talking about a stalker doing this that particularly day, just is it possible?

CCTV has been massively important in this case. It’s an obvious question to ask. Just as I’d hope the police have checked the dash camera on her car. They should probably check her car too for trackers. You never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500