ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 71

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the (published) rumor is true that he did in fact grade women lower than men as a TA, then this is the biggest red flag ever of a deep down resentment of women. If when confronted, he changes his behavior and starts giving all women all 100%s and giving all men lower marks would be an in-your-face type of passive/aggressive over-the-top response that would surely get anybody fired.

If those women compared grades and then talked to the professors to complain, then I can see a weak person like BK blame the women for whining and complaining versus blaming himself for being so biased. I can see someone weak with mental illnesses growing deep resentments for something that is not really a reality.

Quite honestly, in every sense of my grade school, middle school, high school and college... my experience was that women were generally smarter than us guys on average. In fact, there is no statistical difference in intelligence between men and women in school.

For him to have missed that basic lesson in life tells me a lot about his weakness and mindset.

If it is true that BK discriminated by gender regarding grades, then this would be a reportable Title IX offense, and this would have consequences for the university and the students involved would have a lawsuit against the university, so that alone (if true) would require the faculty to take BK out of the classroom and take away his TA position and scholarship. Otherwise the institution would be seen as supporting this behavior.

I suspect we will know more about this in the future, if there is a Title IX lawsuit with the U.S. Department of Education, or if Professor Snyder is a witness at the trial (if there is a trial).

Idaho Murders Update: Kohberger Used 'Staging 101' To Derail Investigation, Expert Suggests​

International Business Times
Kent Masing
02/08/2023

"A criminal profiling expert suggested that Bryan Kohberger, the suspect in slaughtering four University of Idaho students, might have attempted to mislead investigators in their search for the killer. ... [...] ...

"This is staging 101," Kelly said. "They're going to look at this, and they're going to think it's a military guy that did this – some guy with some kind of training who lives up the road.""

Idaho Murders Update: Kohberger Used 'Staging 101' To Derail Investigation, Expert Suggests
I guess? But anyone who knows anything about that knife knows they are more for display and no actual marine would have one at a murder scene. They are like, commemorative in that USMC sheath. IMO.

I guess? But anyone who knows anything about that knife knows they are more for display and no actual marine would have one at a murder scene. They are like, commemorative in that USMC sheath. IMO.
Except knives like a Ka-Bar are actually multi-use tools. Several OPs in past threads have stated how they have used them when camping, hunting & other outdoor activities.

I'm sure some are commemorative & only displayed. But these long fixed blade combat knives are very practical to have around, too.

Unfortunately, we can see from this case that such knives can quickly be very deadly in the hand of a criminal perp.
JMO

Last edited:
I had wondered whether BK was aware that Kaylee would be visiting Moscow on that weekend, having possibly monitored her SM posts. In this case, he may have surmised that this would be the last opportunity he would have to "catch up" with her.
Regarding his "boxing skills" - there have been numerous posts noting that he was involved in boxing at one stage - is there any specific reference to his actual boxing skills and "speed skills". Was he any good at it? I tend to think that he didn't bother punching poor Ethan, and (apologies for this phrase) - just slashed him across his upper body/neck, which would have immediately incapacitated him. MOO

What I mean is he was essentially boxing with a knife in hand. Effective and fast and yes an incapacitating first blow.
Violent crimes occur very fast.

Like everyone I thought I had read every article out there closely but The CBS article that you shared (and thank you for the list), I somehow missed this ....

Benjamin Roberts: There was a comment that he made, and it was kind of a flippant guy talk thing. At one point, he just idly mentioned, you know, "I can go down to a bar or a club and pretty much have any lady I want."
He was obviously lying. IMO

Except knives like a Ka-Bar are actually multi-use tools. Several OPs in past threads have stated how they have used them when camping, hunting & other outdoor activities.

I'm sure some are commemorative & only displayed. But these long fixed blade combat knives are very practical to have around, too.

Unfortunately, we can see from this case that such knives can quickly be very deadly in the hand of a criminal perp.
JMO
OK but commemorative ones with that sheath are more for display.

My thoughts are that he probably wanted to be high up in the military or law enforcement. There were reports that at one point he had hoped to become an army ranger (LOL, that's a young man's job - one needs to start that career early). Maybe he wanted to be an FBI agent or profiler.

The more stories that come out about him, the more I think that this is a guy with serious delusions of grandeur. Sure he was going for his PhD, so I will acknowledge that that kind of studying alone means he has drive, but doesn't necessarily mean he was a genius. I think he is probably mediocre (at best) when it comes to social skills and also his school work. Dude couldn't even keep his TA job due to his inability to control his behavior towards women!

I also do not think he wanted to go into teaching, but all that schooling would suggest that's where he was heading. Really, in the end what does one do with a PhD in criminology? I think he had arrived at a point in his life where he just said, "Screw this" and decided to commit these murders because he was bored with his life and figured if he did get caught, he could pen his memoirs in prison about this "horrendous crime" and then he would be known for this, possibly even studied in the future by other criminology students.

I know it sounds silly, but people have killed others for a lot less. Heck, some kids kill other kids just so they can steal their shoes!
He sure was getting a very late start at 28 years old if that was his actual intention. IMO he was a lost soul and the military helps with that but obviously he kept getting rejected by these programs and IMO it's because of his personality. He turns everyone off, men and women. What did he do between college and now? I know he did online MA, what was he a security guard during that time? Maybe covid lockdown threw a wrench in his plans, but he should have been well on his way in a career is military or LE is what he wanted to do. IMO.

Also, he can write in prison all he wants, but that doesn't mean he'll be published. I imagine the families would make sure he can't profit from the story at all.

Re-reading this article got me thinking…what if he stashed the knife in the house somewhere, hidden in a vent or floorboard? Too obvious, LE would check right?? It would easily solve the problem of him having to transport it w/o the sheath, risking potentially hurting himself, and having to dispose of it elsewhere. Thoughts??

OK but commemorative ones with that sheath are more for display.
We also don't know if the sheath was sold with the weapon used in these crimes. No weapon has been recovered AFAIK. It has only been theorized to be a long fixed blade knife due to deep penetration injuries on the victims if memory serves.

Hopefully LE knows a lot more about the weapon than has been made public. Due to the gag order, we don't know if LE may have recovered it.

I understand your point. What do you think BK used if not a USMC Ka-Bar?

Last edited:
I haven't seen any media accounts from anyone who actually participated in any way with BK boxing. No coach/instructor/trainer, no sparring partner(s), no boxing classmates, nobody who ever competed against him. I'm not saying he didn't legitimately box, but I'm wondering if his boxing was more akin to his rapping, meaning just something he stuck a toe in for a quick second and something he fancied himself to be more than actually something he was or did. I could be dead wrong and he could be a Golden Glove fighter, but I haven't seen anything that would verify what exactly his boxing experience was.

Re-reading this article got me thinking…what if he stashed the knife in the house somewhere, hidden in a vent or floorboard? Too obvious, LE would check right?? It would easily solve the problem of him having to transport it w/o the sheath, risking potentially hurting himself, and having to dispose of it elsewhere. Thoughts??

Where & when? He was only on scene under 15 minutes in low light to dark conditions. Unless he knew the house quite well & pre-planned a hidden stash location (unlikely), I'm not seeing how that's possible.

Also when you've just committed mass murder, are you in a state to think clearly enough to accomplish that in the spur of the moment? Not in my view.

JMO

If there were multiple complaints about his grading, rather than meet with each student, perhaps he was given the collegiate option. If he were a stable, capable TA and had justification for his grading, he would've been able to handle a controlled situation, a mock trial. A mature exchange. The overseeing professor may have underestimated the collective sneer of the class and overestimated the general stability of BK which led to the disintegration of the enterprise. BK doesn't seem to take well to offense IMO. Injustice collector.

So what did he do?

He responds in childish form, basically refusing to grade at all.

I don't think pressure got to him and he snapped.

I think people got to him and he decided no longer to control his impulses.

His long game might've been in a law enforcement career. Like arsonists who are firefighters, I think he was aiming for police officer/investigator with a side hustle -- murder. IMO he studied and was drawn to and was obsessed with criminal minds because he had one.

It's just, when he applied, he got rejected -- and maybe a trifecta of rejection -- so he decided it was too much work to play the game --

Somebody else's fault, somebody else had to pay.

It was always going to be only a matter of when.

JMOO

Thanks for your views on altercation. I agree that if it had actually gotten physical, surely the word "assault" would be used?

I think an altercation can also involve things like angry leaving with some throwing of things (as when a student storms out and slams something into the trash can).

I'm sure it's all documented. And I'm guessing we may hear from the professor at trial. It's possible.
Here's a definition of altercation:

altercation​

noun

al·ter·ca·tion ˌȯl-tər-ˈkā-shən

Synonyms of altercation
: a noisy, heated, angry dispute
He got into several altercations with his boss.
also : noisy controversy

Source: Definition of ALTERCATION

I think as it was said earlier, that it was a loud exchange. But the word "angry" is what stands out most to me. Seeing BK angry is likely a sight to behold. What I wonder is if the word "altercation" was used to be specific about what went down or if it was just a word used without a whole lot of weight.

JMO and apologies if all of this is old talk. I've been away for a while.

It was always going to be only a matter of when.
Snipped for focus but all of your comment is so spot-on for me.

I think it was people that set him off on this terrible journey. And I'd venture to say it was also self-hatred.

When I heard about BK's failures at WSU I thought about James Holmes. It's as if some people can have everything lined up just so as to succeed but that success can be so secondary to other, more destructive "achievements". It's all about that tipping point. All JMO

I mean, I don't really care. But the discussion was about inconsistencies and that's one of the inconsistencies.
What is inconsistent?

The FBI said, no we did not order the stops.
And frankly why would they risk spooking their target? MOO their operation had to have been need to know.

The “inconsistent” information is attributed to an anonymous source, but that is just not valid information without some evidence.

What is inconsistent?

And frankly why would they risk spooking their target? MOO their operation had to have been need to know.

The “inconsistent” information is attributed to an anonymous source, but that is just not valid information without some evidence.
IMO, the only inconsistent thing about this issue is the media. Not trusting the FBI is one thing but I don't see the advantage to them pulling BK over either. Especially twice and knowing that his innocent father was in shotgun.

What is inconsistent?

Not an anonymous source. An anonymous LE source. The LE part of that is important for the discussion of LE inconsistencies. It may not be valid for you, but if I'm going to entertain other "anonymous source" information on this case, then I'm going to entertain this one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes