Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am suspicious about the person who said they tied the dog to the bench with string. When the dog was found there was no string on it, so the assumption would be it must have broken free of the string, but there was no string on the dog when it was found, nor was there string on the bench. Therefore the string can't have been broken, so was there actually any string used in the first place? That person has been used to make timelines, but if they are wrong about the string, their timings may be equally unreliable.

I could be wrong, but IMO, about the string which many (not saying you) found suspicious. But as people fish possibly very close to that bend in the river, I've wondered if some sort of old piece of fishing rope or similar was found nearby and was used.

Yes, talking of character traits, does websleuths allow us to say if somebody has deleted social media stuff in the last few days?
'Social media pages of family members and/or friends of either a victim or a suspect, and most any other individual are OFF LIMITS. Random blogs or random youtube videos are also OFF LIMITS. Don't link to these pages or make reference to information you find on them.'

It seems very unlikely this would happen.

They'd need an appropriate adult and probably an entire social services case team with them, as well as (I'd assume) PA, and given how young they are I don't think that a) they'd be of much use, or b) it would be deemed appropriate to question them given the obvious emotional trauma and the fact they probably don't understand what's happened.
I would have hoped a very gentle conversation by a loved one of the children would have ascertained any details of the last conversation NB had with them such as the car journey to school that morning. It would be very telling perhaps IMO. My heart truly breaks for them.

Anyone got a Times subscription? Heading is Crack detective, dog whisperer and profiler drafted in.
I do … I don’t know if I am allowed to bring it over here. An exercpt “ … At 11.01am Nicola Bulley’s partner, Paul Ansell, called the police to say she had gone missing. The information given on the phone led police to class her as a “high-risk” missing person”

There has been concern about the tatty red van, which the police were unsuccessfully trying to identify. The identity has already been established, and they seemed unaware of it. Earlier in this general discussion someone quoted a neighbourhood watch comment dating before the disappearance where someone had posted that a red van had been suspiciously cruising around slowly, and gave its number plate, so the police just have to check that number plate and then possibly eliminate that van and owner.

'Social media pages of family members and/or friends of either a victim or a suspect, and most any other individual are OFF LIMITS. Random blogs or random youtube videos are also OFF LIMITS. Don't link to these pages or make reference to information you find on them.'

Ok thanks. I knew you couldn’t use the actual posts but not sure if you could refer to the fact of any deletions.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but IMO, about the string which many (not saying you) found suspicious. But as people fish possibly very close to that bend in the river, I've wondered if some sort of old piece of fishing rope or similar was found nearby and was used.
I could be wrong too, but although there have been a lot of posts about the dog being tied up with string, as far as I know there is no mention of string being used in press conferences or official timelines. In the latest LP update, the dog's lead is mentioned (possibly for the first time?)as being at the scene.
Edited to include the LP link

Well there was no body in Maddie McCann but a reward for £2.5m. I don’t know if it was conditional on conviction tbh. I have the reward poster somewhere so will check wording and report back.
I know that whatever the conditions they are legally tight to stop false claims.
The McCann reward was for info leading to finding Madeleine.

Sorry if this has been asked before.
I'm curious that Nb's phone and Willow were found at 09.33 am by witnesses and phone calls subsequently made to R's wife and P's DIL etc. I get the impression they didn't stay in the area? Willow was tied up.
PW didn't arrive until gone 10.30am, leaving an hour for Willow to be left alone?
Did other witnesses pass through the area during that time, and have they all been accounted for? I get some people will not be quite sure how to proceed if they came across this scenario, but for almost an hour you think there would have been other passers by walking their dogs etc who would suggest dialling 101 or something?
I guess the police have looked into all of this.
It just seems strange that dog etc were found, but it took a long time for help to be called?
Sorry if this has been covered already.
I am also interested if anyone came across the scene in the period after Penny and Ron had been there? I’m also still interested in knowing if anyone stayed with willow and the phone etc whilst they waited for PA to come. I’m not sure I would leave a scene like that - I would wait there until the owners came back (especially if it looked odd like Ron said). IMO.

I have a lot to catch up on here, so my apologies if this has been mentioned yet. I just read a news article by Sky News, the family have said this apparently -

"Due to the perimenopause Nikki suffered with significant side effects such as brain fog, restless sleep and was taking HRT to help but this was giving her intense headaches which caused Nikki to stop taking the HRT thinking that may have helped her but only ended up causing this crisis."

I'm confused by the last line. "....but it only ended up causing this crisis". I thought it unusual wording given there is nothing confirmed about her disappearance whatsoever. My understanding was that the police were running with the idea she slipped into the water by accident. It just seems strange the family blame not taking HRT on 'this crisis' when it may have had nothing to do with it all all.

The article: Nicola Bulley: Stopping menopause drugs 'ended up causing this crisis', family says

Exactly this. Nobody knows what has happened to NB or whether she has been the victim of a serious crime or not. So, it has been a terrible shame the family have decided to speak in this way that is at the very least completely illogical as we don't know what 'this crisis' is but has also discussed her private and confidential details way beyond that which was necessary. I imagine the family who are torn apart with worry were coerced to make such a statement and were not taking legal advice or good advice from anyone media savvy with legal training. JMO MOO. It's a terrible shame as now they're getting backlash and they're already suffering enough.

Yes, talking of character traits, does websleuths allow us to say if somebody has deleted social media stuff in the last few days?
It will be depend on who the ‘somebody’ is. An LE declared POI, absolutely would be ok. As this isn’t a criminal investigation obviously that doesn’t apply. So NB’s Facebook and running app has been listed in media thread, which means ok to talk about that. Obviously family are victims so out of bounds for any sleuthing. The friend(s) who set up the Find Nicola pages aren’t listed in the media list, so am not sure. I think that could be ok to talk about? That is a bit of a grey are to my understanding. You are able to ask a mod before you post, if you‘re in doubt.

I could be wrong too, but although there have been a lot of posts about the dog being tied up with string, as far as I know there is no mention of string being used in press conferences or official timelines. In the latest LP update, the dog's lead is mentioned (possibly for the first time?)as being at the scene.
Edited to include the LP link
Many thanks for link - I am very curious of the witness accounts given that would have justified waiting from 09:33~ to 10:50~ before notifying the authorities. The male dog walker stated that he wondered if someone had gone to the toilet, but I just wonder how suspicion didn't creep up extremely quickly as the apparent owner of the dog didn't appear after say 10 minutes.

EDIT: Spelling

My uncle took his own life in the sea in North Wales. He drank a bottle of vodka on the beach and walked out to sea.

Not quite the same as in a river but he was a competent swimmer and could have easily swam back to safety I’m sure….however, the effects of the alcohol, the cold of the water and his desire to die were enough for him to follow it through successfully.

Thanks for the insight. Sorry to hear it, Hope he's at peace now.

I am also interested if anyone came across the scene in the period after Penny and Ron had been there? I’m also still interested in knowing if anyone stayed with willow and the phone etc whilst they waited for PA to come. I’m not sure I would leave a scene like that - I would wait there until the owners came back (especially if it looked odd like Ron said). IMO.
Yes, PA said in the TV interview that there were several other dog walkers there and he was handed Willow and the phone.

MOO she has not left to live off grid. Without excluding other scenarios, MOO it all sadly got too much and she called it a day. She must have exited the fields unnoticed.

If NB wanted to disappear (which I personally don't believe), why would she do it in a manner that would be a) discovered immediately; b) leaves her dog loose and at risk; c) leaves her mobile phone ditched on the floor;

If she wanted to leave her home and partner, why wouldn't she have said she's got a work conference, packed a couple of bits and bobs, taken the car, and gone missing with a head start of a day or two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420