Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police were on the right track from day one. The intense media interest put a lot of pressure on them to get results but searching for a body in a river is not easy. Police have made a muck of things before but LP were correct in their belief on the river.
The police may not have got everything right but Nicola was in the river, where logic would say she would be and where the police’s evidence pointed. The level of vitriol pointed to the police for this very logical assumption (which frankly I found over-the-top) — person missing without trace next to body of water is, in all likelihood, in the water — continued given the river would not give up the body. Now the police have been proven correct then I wonder what the critics will turn to. Probably “should have found her sooner.” The body has probably shifted location a few times before being found and it’s not easy finding someone in water.

I do think some of the information management and communications have gone wrong for the police but the central idea of their investigation was always correct. There was never any evidence of an abduction or foul play.

What actually pi**es me off is that she was there all the time? It's not it was like ten miles away but less then two?? This is teribble. And this is my local police force! I'm only ten miles away!

I think that's unfair , I'm confident the divers and searchers worked tirelessly and exhausted all there efforts. Praise to them I say. I cannot comprehend how one would begin to search a huge mass of water for a body it baffles me. The police did say the river was very complex and wasn't going to be easy. They were correct.

What actually pi**es me off is that she was there all the time? It's not it was like ten miles away but less then two?? This is teribble. And this is my local police force! I'm only ten miles away!
I’m not skilled in any of these areas but it is surprising. The authorities were almost certain she was in the river from the beginning and this was their working theory. It does seem strange that she was not located sooner… but to search river bed bottoms may involve many complexities. Either that or the body was not in the river for the duration. Open mind

Given this guy has no idea what the facts are then I think he should stop offering his opinion for now. Perhaps Nicola walked a mile or so further, perhaps she didn’t. The fact is she went into the river she was walking alongside and probably the morning she went missing — but the police will be able to tell if any big time difference versus when she went missing from the condition of the body.

Gosh, what an interesting watch that was. Thank you for posting this
If anyone wants an excellent - if rather academic - deep consideration of what happens to bodies in water and where they are likely to be found I recommend this lecture from Gresham College Oxford by Professor Carolyn Roberts. Bear with it. It is interesting. I think anyway IMO…
- ‘ A Body in a River’
I’ve just watched all of this. Thank you for posting; a fascinating watch. I wonder if she has been an advisor on this case.

I’m not skilled in any of these areas but it is surprising. The authorities were almost certain she was in the river from the beginning and this was their working theory. It does seem strange that she was not located sooner… but to search river bed bottoms may involve many complexities. Either that or the body was not in the river for the duration. Open mind
Or the body was below the mud and silt at the bottom. There is a sewage works further up river. Perhaps a lot of sediment at the bottom? River searches are the most complex operations the police search teams will carry out.

Yes, I believe this was a suicide rather than an accident given the fairly close proximity in the timeline of events. To me it seems quite unlikely, given what we have been made aware of relating to the struggles she had endured, that this has simply been an accident.
Respect your view but I don’t believe that. She faced challenges, it seems, but challenges many face. She was upbeat hours before she disappeared, had two young daughters and a dog she cherished. She was busy with work … imo she was ploughing on.. but of course it is a possibility.

Respect your view but I don’t believe that. She faced challenges, it seems, but challenges many face. She was upbeat hours before she disappeared, had two young daughters and a dog she cherished. She was busy with work … imo she was ploughing on.. but of course it is a possibility.
None of these things rule out suicide, take a look at the pictures of Chester Bennington (a father of six, a millionaire, and a highly successful musician) shortly before his death. Looked happy as anything, with his kids.

I think it was on balance an accident with an element of not caring involved. I do think it will be impossible to show it was suicide unless Nicola indicated she would take this action because no-one seems to have seen her go into the water.

He seems certain she wasn’t in the river but in the reeds ‘by the side’ of the river.
and PF just confirmed on GBnews that he did also search that strip of the river where the body is now found!!
PF's equipment cannot find the body in the reeds and police know that.

I think he should have shut his mouth when the police investigation was underway.

I do feel that PF is being unfairly criticised. He offered his services for free at the request of family. Ok he may have been a bit OTT when saying she 100% isn’t in there but people are only human. JMO.
I completely agree and welcome him for coming forward to help - but in his own words 'If there is a body he will find it' he shot himself now

I do feel that PF is being unfairly criticised. He offered his services for free at the request of family. Ok he may have been a bit OTT when saying she 100% isn’t in there but people are only human. JMO.
He can be commended for offering his services, he can be criticised for stridently offering opinions that could not be definitively shown to be correct and which caused confusion in some quarters, and he can be even more criticised for speaking again today and making more unfounded claims when his view is now shown to have been wrong.

I do take issue with Kay Burley's language - ie 'reputation trashed'. It just supports the perception that mental health issues are a shameful slur on someones character. Far better to have said 'personal and medical confidentiality breached' imo.
Absolutely 100%, great post. It’s the media insisting NB’s reputation was “trashed” who are contributing to, if not entirely causing, the “trashing” here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member