Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible there is a suicide note or a message of some sort & this was never disclosed the same as her mental health state & alcoholism problems which we now know about because the way the LE have approached this investigation throughout has been one of them distancing themselves from this being an abduction or any form of foul play ? The way they never sealed any of the key areas off suggests they always knew more than they let on.
Your analytical observations and assumptions are accurate within the context of events as we know them. I am humbled by the clarity and simplicity of your assessment and of your writing.

Do you know if the text reply went out live on air? I read the report and all the other papers Sunday night using the quotes but can’t find it on air on YouTube or Sky News.
Only two short sentences were quoted by SKY reporter who'd been in contact with PA from the beginning or three weeks:

In a message sent to Sky News correspondent Inzamam Rashid, who has been in contact with the family throughout the three-week search, Mr Ansell said: "No words right now, just agony."

"We're all together, we have to be strong"
, he added.

Is it possible there is a suicide note or a message of some sort & this was never disclosed the same as her mental health state & alcoholism problems which we now know about because the way the LE have approached this investigation throughout has been one of them distancing themselves from this being an abduction or any form of foul play ? The way they never sealed any of the key areas off suggests they always knew more than they let on.
There could be of course but I doubt some of her relatives would have expressed so many doubts about where she was and asking her to come home.

Nicola Bulley was identified using her dental records...........

Senior coroner Dr James Adeley said he had contacted consultant maxillofacial surgeon Ian Edwards to ask him to compare dental records obtained by police.

the surgeon found restorative work carried out was identical.

He said: "I am satisfied on the balance of probabilities, and more, that positive identification has been made."

Dr Adeley said remaining evidence gathered by police and the post-mortem examination required "further evaluation" and a full inquest was likely to be held in June.

He (Dr Adeley) said remaining evidence gathered by police and the post-mortem examination required "further evaluation" and a full inquest was likely to be held in June, once availability of a pathologist had been checked.

He said: "This will allow time to collate the facts of the case and allow the experts involved to finalise the findings from investigations that still need to be undertaken."

Her family were informed of the date of the inquest but had chosen not to attend, coroner Dr James Adeley said.
He said they had done so for "reasons I can quite understand".

I don't know about anybody else as I took a break from here, but I, among many others, thought it was accidental drowning at the start and she would be found eventually. When I heard she was 'definitely not in the river', it became a real mystery and I listened to and even joined in theories about abduction, murder, self-disappearance and so on, and started watching various media. I am back in a circle to believing it to be tragic accidental drowning and now thinking how unnecessary it all was and sadly for the family exposure too.

It is so achingly, achingly sad for the children. You cannot replace a mother. There should be two people in your life who are always in your corner, ever on your side, come what may, no matter what.

Robert Frost wrote that

‘Home is the place where, when you have to go there,
They have to take you in...
Something you somehow haven’t to deserve.’

Now they only have one.

I have been one of many in the 800-odd pages of these threads who have noted that there were really only four possibilities - fall, self-harm, absconded, abducted. The puzzling question to inexperts has been how in the first two cases a body could take so long to be found.

I don't suppose it will now be possible to know which of the first two possibilities happened. I would predict that the coroner's court will conclude misadventure or something similar. I say this because my brother took his own life 12 years ago. The coroner recorded the cause of death as 'self-harm', on the basis that there was no hard evidence that he intended this result - no note had been left, no history, etc. As a family we were obscurely grateful for that. There will be nothing from which to conclude suicide here.

Your heart breaks to think of it

It is so achingly, achingly sad for the children. You cannot replace a mother. There should be two people in your life who are always in your corner, ever on your side, come what may, no matter what.

Robert Frost wrote that

‘Home is the place where, when you have to go there,
They have to take you in...
Something you somehow haven’t to deserve.’

Now they only have one.

I have been one of many in the 800-odd pages of these threads who have noted that there were really only four possibilities - fall, self-harm, absconded, abducted. The puzzling question to inexperts has been how in the first two cases a body could take so long to be found.

I don't suppose it will now be possible to know which of the first two possibilities happened. I would predict that the coroner's court will conclude misadventure or something similar. I say this because my brother took his own life 12 years ago. The coroner recorded the cause of death as 'self-harm', on the basis that there was no hard evidence that he intended this result - no note had been left, no history, etc. As a family we were obscurely grateful for that. There will be nothing from which to conclude suicide here.

Your heart breaks to think of it
I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. Having lost my mother to suicide, I empathise greatly. I appreciate your words and the quote from Robert Frost hits hard... In the case of Nicola's children, one can only hope that their remaining family members have the support they need to carry those little girls through life in her absence. It certainly sounds like they are committed to doing just that, as impossible as it is to fully compensate for the loss of their Mum.

There remains a further possibility, in my mind at least - something that has been discussed here, too - and that is the chance of a confrontation leading to Nicola being pushed into the river. Sadly, if that were the case, I doubt forensics/pathology will be able to reveal it. IMO.

Last edited:
I don't know about anybody else as I took a break from here, but I, among many others, thought it was accidental drowning at the start and she would be found eventually. When I heard she was 'definitely not in the river', it became a real mystery and I listened to and even joined in theories about abduction, murder, self-disappearance and so on, and started watching various media. I am back in a circle to believing it to be tragic accidental drowning and now thinking how unnecessary it all was and sadly for the family exposure too.
I thought the same until the statement that NB was 'definitely not in the river' from the private expert, then I have to admit that there was a draw towards other explanations and discussions. I had initially put forward my opinion of intentional rather than the accidental but was admonished for suggesting self harm might be involved. I'm assuming that had there been any hint of foul play in the autopsy that we would see a very different investigation right now. It will be interesting to see if the coroner can determine the circumstances or whether it will be an open verdict. JMO

This article quotes that (sadly for the family IMO) June is likely based on availability of a home office pathologist. Is that normal?
Just MOO and May just be that is standard, but I’m not sure I’ve read the ‘home office’ part quoted before? So wondered if anyone else has

Why in June?
Evidence of interested parties to be collated particularly regarding manner of death.

Gives parties chance not to fill diaries so they are available. There are probably only about 4 home office registered pathologists covering the North West of England so would imagine they have a lot of other commitments.

This article quotes that (sadly for the family IMO) June is likely based on availability of a home office pathologist. Is that normal?
Just MOO and May just be that is standard, but I’m not sure I’ve read the ‘home office’ part quoted before? So wondered if anyone else has

PMs of bodies recovered from water are carried out by a forensic pathologist registered by the Home Office as a matter of course because water does not always equal drowning.

https://www.rcpath.org/static/a0eab...e-Autopsy-for-bodies-recovered-from-water.pdf

It in no way implies that they think that there was another cause of death, it’s standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa