SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wrong, and reposted from another comment, SO SORRY! AM Is definitely Racist though, as he made up some sick story about some friend of one of his sons working for some LE going after Black Panthers-soo much BS, and just one of his stories to Deflect. Grr.
I have to disagree slightly with AM being a racist. IMO, to him it didn't matter what your race, color, height, gender, eye color, hair color, etc. was. He would and did steal from anyone he could whenever he could and he would and did blame anyone that fit into the lie he was telling at the time. Anyone and everyone was fair game in his game of 'Exploitation for Alex'.
moo

Super interesting video. The jury is over Alex and the state DOES have evidence that he is not a family man, but they have not used it yet. I'm not all the way thru it but it's well worth watching even though it's an hour long. I'm watching it at 1.75 speed.

Earlier today I heard another reporter on CNN who has been in the courtroom discussing the cross by Waters. She was kind of surprised by some of the stuff posted online and had a much different take. She said during the financial stuff some jurors didn’t seem as interested after a while…but when Waters went into the day of/night of/after the murders all the jurors were intently following the cross. She said some of the jurors wouldn’t even look at Alex then.

We can all remember how Alex had his chair skewed to the jury.
I think much of what is reported online is just sensationalized for whatever reason benefits that person. Crying jurors, a juror giving him a tissue, juror with a towel on her head and tissues in her ear. So many things can be skewed based on how it's reported. We also don't know who is sympathetic to the Murdaugh's. I suspect his entire family showing up every single day is all for show. They still think they run the show or have some influence just by being present. It's wild how many connections can really exist from the housekeeper, the care givers, grounds keepers. How many favors do people owe Alex or a member of his family? I was thinking about this and it doesn't have to just be in the courts/LE area, but we have no idea where connections by have been that are still there. Anyway, I think much of what is reported is just for the wow moment and to get followers/likes/listeners, etc.

I think the prosecutor did a fine job. He got admissions on all the financial crimes; he got Alex to lay out his implausible theory; he established that Alex is perfectly willing to harm those he loved and cares for; he exposed Alex’s arrogance and need for control; he got Alex to admit that no one else was around at the time of the murders; he narrowed the window even further; he made Alex accuse numerous other witnesses of lying (Blanca, Shelley, Tinsley and Marian). He did what he needed to do - the time for drawing conclusions and making the necessary inferences is at closing.
Thank you! I was beginning to think I am the only one who thought Waters did a great job. In addition, AM looked like a fool.
I have read here that jurors were crying during his testimony. There is a young YouTube reporter names “James” who also reported from the Depp trial. He works alone and does not work for a news organization. He has been to the trial every day. He said none of the jurors have cried one time. He also said all the jurors look bored and one even rolled his eyes. As far as the juror with the blanket over her head, jurors were all provided blankets because James said the courtroom was freezing.
I believe AM will be found guilty. It is possible there will be a hung jury but I don’t think so. Someone murdered a mother and her son and AM placed himself there with his own testimony.
As for his Southern accent, that’s just the way people in the South speak. I listened to him. I didn’t find his accent off putting. Those jurors have likely heard his voice before.

We were debating on if his attorneys could see him this weekend. What's the answer???
I would imagine they will. How else are they going to know how to prep their witnesses for their Monday testimonies. Which pages from the AM Book of Lies will they know to acknowledge as an absolute possibility or result of if they don't have AM approve them first.
jmo

I’m not surprised they found something in his system because he got fired that day and quickly tried to plot another scenario. Some people may have taken something temporarily to get through the first few days of horrible news. That doesn’t imply that he was on drugs for 3 decades.

“A public relations firm working with Murdaugh and his attorneys released four pages of what it ‘claims’ to be Murdaugh’s “medical records” on Friday without explanatory comment. The records were purportedly maintained by Memorial Health in Savannah, Georgia. The four pages of records are facially incomplete, the pages are numbered seven, eight, and 48; a fourth page contains no page number.

The records suggest a “rapid drug screen” on Murdaugh’s urine contained the two aforementioned drugs but did not contain cocaine, amphetamines, benzodiazepine (the type of tranquilizer drugs contained in Valium or Xanax), or cannabinoids (THC) from marijuana.

“No attempt is made to identify specific drugs that may be present or any other drugs that may cause false positives,” the documents noted.

If I was going to have someone pretend to try to kill me by grazing me with a bullet in a prearranged rendezvous, I’d probably pop a pill or two to relax. And with his circumstances, I’d also do it to test + for drugs so I could require “rehab” and get out of town as my crimes came crashing down on me.

I’m not victim blaming but I personally think that AM and PMs lawyers were putting off and waiting for a lenient judge to visit and they try for a plea? Again, with respect, I also think that he had a real chance of getting some time from that crash given the attention. The state is usually pretty harsh in these types of cases but this was unique for its own reasons.

Thanks, @worm for your local insight. I think PM was a victim of his environment that promoted never being accountable because it wasn't necessary for children or adults alike by the virtue of being born a Murdaugh. IMO, at age 19, I don't think PM was allowed to be truthful -- even if he wanted to.

Watching the first episode of the recently released Netflix series, I found it so sad to hear from the first responder bodycams, the real-time calls by both A Cook and C Cook to their respective parents, immediately following the crash, compared to PM's reaction during the same time. We know PM eventually made contact only with his grandfather but it was not the same type of emergency call home the others made.

Long before PM's murder, A. Cook, boyfriend of M. Beach, talked about his forgiveness following the crash. Speaking from his heart, he too believed PM needed jail time -- not as retaliation or vengeance but more out of concern for his friend, PM. I think AC believed PM's life was out of control and that jail might actually save PM's life. JMO

I don't know if this has already been posted, so I apologize if this is a repeat. I read this in "The State" publication and not sure how to "link" an article, so I just copied and pasted it here. The details are quite interesting to me.

After months of negotiations, hearings before a probate court and a failed mediation, several defendants in a multi-million dollar lawsuit over the 2019 boat crash death of Mallory Beach have reached a tentative settlement with her family.

The settlement of the wrongful death lawsuit is not yet final. State Judge Daniel Hall will hold a hearing next Thursday, Jan. 19, in Lexington County, where final approval will be discussed, according to Mark Tinsley, attorney for Renee Beach, Mallory Beach’s mother. Probate Judge Leigh Boan must also issue a final approval, Tinsley said.

<modnote - Much more at link, snipped for copyright>

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't one of Miss Libby's caregivers say that Alex and Maggie came to see RM3 Sunday night 6-6. Maggie brought him his favorite donuts....AM could have had a stash of pills at Almeda or he could have just helped himself to some of his dad's pain medication to get him through until he could safely access another one of his stash locations at Moselle.

Yes, he certainly could have snagged some of Dad's on that visit (but doubtfully a whole 'bag full' as he said he had when speaking with Owens the night of the slayings).

I was a bit disappointed that CW didn't bring that visit up when AM kept saying that MM didn't like going there - she had just been there with Krispy Kremes the night before and apparently wasn't there against her will. A missed opportunity to confront him with another of his lies.

I wish CW would have insisted that AM answer "yes" or "no" and if he didn't, ask Judge CN to reprimand him. CW gave AM too much rope, which allowed him to gain sympathy with jurors. In South Carolina, is it not customary for a prosecutor to be too aggressive with a defendant charged with the murder of his own wife and son? Even one who is a known liar and thief who heartlessly stole money from people who trusted him and needed it the most.

I wanted to believe this to be true but there's evidence to the contrary.

First, knowing that PM was only age 19 when he crashed AM's boat with BAC greater than 3x limit for legal adults, PM's bond conditions did not provide that he had to remain alcohol-free on bond release and no random drink/drug tests ordered. PM's only requirement was to surrender his passport.

It further seems that within weeks of arraignment/release, the requirement for PM to remain in the county of his school and home was lifted and he was free to travel anywhere within the state of SC!

In my experience, none of this is typical of bond conditions for defendants with felony charges the equivalent of manslaughter.

We also know that after the boating fatality and while on bond release, PM was not deterred from taking another boat on the water where he received a boating safety citation as well as a speeding violation while pulling a boat and trailer with his truck. This with allegations PM was still frequenting bars and consuming alcohol while on bond release where you'd think he would be modeling his best behavior. o_O

Most recently, we heard AM testify about PM complaining of edema in his feet/ankles. At age 22, I think the first question by a medical provider would be about PM's use of alcohol.

And from my recollection, there was the call to 911 that the slain mother and son made to 911 dispatch after the housekeepers fall. That call seemed to be somewhat devoid of concern for the ailing victim? From both participants in the call. It almost seemed that they were troubled by the dispatcher’s questions for clarity on the ailing victim. As if it was a bother to provide. IMO.

And from my recollection, there was the call to 911 that the slain mother and son made to 911 dispatch after the housekeepers fall. That call seemed to be somewhat devoid of concern for the ailing victim? From both participants in the call. It almost seemed that they were troubled by the dispatcher’s questions for clarity on the ailing victim. As if it was a bother to provide. IMO.
Possible. Rich and entitled. What a shame.

I wish CW would have insisted that AM answer "yes" or "no" and if he didn't, ask Judge CN to reprimand him. CW gave AM too much rope, which allowed him to gain sympathy with jurors. In South Carolina, is it not customary for a prosecutor to be too aggressive with a defendant charged with the murder of his own wife and son? Even one who is a known liar and thief who heartlessly stole money from people who trusted him and needed it the most.
We will know if the jurors have sympathy for AM when the verdict comes down. Not before.

None of the jurors have sympathy for Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member