SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone direct me to a site that has pictures of the crime scene? Thanx in advance.

It's a crummy UI, but all of the exhibits that have been released are here

okay so here's my prob right now...if he was just tryin to get his pills don't you think threatening them with a gun would have been enough to make PauPau give up the pills? I mean what the heck is the motive???

and why is there no way of knowing who could have come up on that property and done this?

you have to spell it out. there are some bizarre allegations against this family...and I no longer think this was over some pills and I am not sure even if someone could have been laying in wait...somewhere just far enough away from the dogs and chick chicks..

also seems like ever since that poor high school boy got found in the road..Murdaughs got gossiped about and accused of all kinds of stuff...almost to urban myth level ...I don't know...I just can't see it. But this FBI chick on Banfield has absolutely no doubt AM is guilty...but I'm just trying to grasp how this comes to be and why..
some have said there is an affair somewhere in here and that Mags was going to bail.

but we need evidence.

mOO

I was lucky that in 1991 in New Brunswick, NJ, the County Seat, there was/is a Victim/Witness Program connected to the Prosecutor's Office, and they provide a family Representative to answer any questions, provide access to help/counseling(free), and to be at Court every day of Trial, to comfort/protect. Homeowners Insurance(at least Mom's) provided all the cleanup, and carpet replacement, etc.
IF JM truly was so upset about his nephew's murder, there is NO WAY he would clean up Remains of Any Kind! He's be Puking! He totally fabricated that BS for the Jury.
AM has said more than once how he didn't trust SLED. LOL!! He couldn't Play them. They weren't in his pocket. They did the best job they could under the circumstances. Local LE and friends of Am tried to control the situation, and I'd bet, also tried to Bully the younger members of SLED, some that had no idea who Am was, and were assigned specific duties accordingly, so the Would Not be Swayed by the 'reputation'. The MOB prevented soo much cooperation, at AM direction. Firs thing he did was call tons of people to come and muddy up the scene IMPOV. He had Protection from the get go. Sorry for the rant, but I am furious! MOO
Not a rant. I'm right there with you!

I watched the FITS interview with the woman who retold her account of being trafficked and encountered AM. Tragic and terrifying.

Her recounting was interesting to me. Her alleged (but I believe her) experiences with the violent and controlling AM choking her and pulling out her hair is kind of parallel to the type of control he had over his family. He has repeated that he always wanted MM home. I think he held purse strings and over bought not because he was needy of their love but because it held power over all of them. They left a large home near his parents to be on the property where he killed them. That property was more isolated and under his control. It seemed to have everything a person would want-- but only if the person was following what AM wanted. AM testified that MM wanted more kids but could not so she put her passion into the boys and him--hunting, drinking, etc. He plied them all with great trips and experiences but the cost was blind allegiance to him. He had to have been exhausting in his actions and the fact that he was the center. In the Netflix series, PM's former girlfriend noted that PM would call grandad who called dad and they came into save him-- but with each save PM was more under his dad's control. He calls you come. It may be why BM didn't move back to the area after he got himself kicked out of school. Seems to me that the whole family acquiesces to him all the time. He is the proverbial bull in the china shop about what he wants. Maybe BM was relieved to fail out. Maybe PM was happy to be the JMM of this family and a wild card b/c his drinking and behavior were not things that his dad could control. Maybe MM wanted Edisto to escape the scrutiny of the excesses that made others dislike/hate the family but also to get breathing room from the man who made the move to the Moselle property and dictated how life was lived. JMHO.

Why did none of them ever share with people that he had a raging addiction?

Alex may not have lied. He may not have realized the truck switch out. JM said that JM and Paul had identical trucks. Maybe Alex didn't pay attention.

AM lied. He testified that PM arrived at Moselle a few minutes after him and specifically told the jurors that PM was driving John Marvin's truck (F150).

After AM continued repeating that PM would have driven his F250 to the kennels -- all the while knowing he was driving John Marvin's F150, investigators issued a BOLO for the F250!

The F250 had been parked at John Marvin's residence in Okatie all day until he attempted to drive it to Moselle after getting the call about the shootings.

Liar, liar, pants on fire. MOO

ETA: John Marvin testified that his F150 (by PM) was parked at the house when he arrived at Moselle. This is consistent with what investigators said -- the only vehicle at the kennels when police arrived was AM's suburban.

Last edited:
No, I was actually asking if the jurors are supposed to remember what’s what at Moselle. I didn’t know that the whole gang might be going … I don’t like that idea at all.
I have no idea whose going -- that was just what I heard a reporter saying on L&C. My attorney hubby says that Alec and lawyers would need to go because Moselle is evidence. He was surprised this was happening after the defense case since they asked for it and someone will need to be tour guide. Only his opinion.

Anyone know for sure who would go and how they will keep the jury secure and anonymous? Would Alec be in shackles? Doubt P00t would go for that. OMO.

A whiteboard from Waters would be helpful to connect the dots in a few areas. There is so much hinging on laying it out collectively. Snapchat, text messages, phone activity, clothing changes, guns, bullet casings, dogs, trucks, Almeda, Moselle, Edesto, Blanca & Shelley and more.

If these things aren’t tied together visually I don’t see how the jury can get the whole picture. The 3 phones and the tight time line alone need to be very precise for the jurors.

Any thoughts on what the jurors need to have before them for a verdict?

I don't know anyone whose ring has ended up under the front seat of their vehicle, but perhaps it is indeed a testimony to just how chaotic MM's life had become. Poor woman.

I don't know anyone who has a manicure and doesn't put their ring back on, to admire their manicure and hands, before leaving.

Someone somehow leaving their (expensive?) ring under the car seat denotes, to me, a woman who is quite distracted, maybe even unhappy.

IMO.
Most women ware the best they have to get a gel set put on or refilled. The ladies on either side of me have gorgeous rocks on their fingers. It's all status. Few if any take them off.

okay so here's my prob right now...if he was just tryin to get his pills don't you think threatening them with a gun would have been enough to make PauPau give up the pills? I mean what the heck is the motive???

and why is there no way of knowing who could have come up on that property and done this?

you have to spell it out. there are some bizarre allegations against this family...and I no longer think this was over some pills and I am not sure even if someone could have been laying in wait...somewhere just far enough away from the dogs and chick chicks..

also seems like ever since that poor high school boy got found in the road..Murdaughs got gossiped about and accused of all kinds of stuff...almost to urban myth level ...I don't know...I just can't see it. But this FBI chick on Banfield has absolutely no doubt AM is guilty...but I'm just trying to grasp how this comes to be and why..
some have said there is an affair somewhere in here and that Mags was going to bail.

but we need evidence.

mOO

I think he was losing control--- his work, his finances, his wife, his kids, his life. He had already (according to him) lost control to the drugs. I think he went to find the pills but had had it with the confrontations and recriminations. His wife was happier being at the kennels, being with her grown sons, and focusing on the beach house.

His life had become this awful punctuation mark. And, his finances were going to come to light. A scam he had done for years was going to be undone by his son's careless, altered-state actions even after AM had saved him numerous times before. To boot, MM was getting closer to her son's and less close with him. I think he had been angry and refused to be belittled about the pills or anything else--riding the property with PM that evening was a little like saying, "I gave you all of this and you pi$$@% it away." PM was killed within hours of that riding of the property. MM sauntered in later in the evening--not even staying in the house with him but going to the dogs, the dogs he financially maintained, and PM, the son who messed things up. I think the rage was real and directed toward the two of them. BM had moved away and was willing to turn the blind eye to everything that was his dad's failings.

@kaen when a family has an addict in it, everyone in the family revolves around making the addict "happy" to keep peace in the family. Codependency. No one acknowledges the dysfunction, because "everything is perfect".

Until everything crashes. It is exhausting to keep dysfunction going, so PM became an alcoholic, and looks like BM acted out by getting kicked out of school. MM just tried to keep pretending everything was fine...until her credit cards started getting declined.

I think everyone was beginning to stop pretending everything was "fine", and it drove AM into a rage.

Alex may not have lied. He may not have realized the truck switch out. JM said that JM and Paul had identical trucks. Maybe Alex didn't pay attention.
The issue was he said that was probably how Paul got down to the kennels and so the truck was missing Alex was referring to and that cause LE to issue a BOLO for the missing truck. It was suggesting whoever killed them stole that truck when they left.

but we need evidence.

mOO
i don't mean this personally - please don't take it that way... but I just don't understand how people can't look at the totality of all things coming to a head. Like a perfect storm. He had his battles with addiction (not as big as I think they portray, but okay), Maggie and Paul were onto him about it. He and Maggie, Buster & Girlfriend, spent a weekend at a ballgame where they portrayed it as a wonderful family time with tailgating, etc., when in reality AM was in the hotel room much of the time in withdrawals (in evidence and testified to). I bet Maggie and Buster had some interesting convos regarding AM and this pill addiction. On top of that, Alex had that critical hearing on June 10th where the courts were going to ask for his financial statements for this HUGE lawsuit (30 million) (in evidence, testified to). AM was broke and had tapped out all of his resources. He had had conversations on Friday with Jeanne at work regarding the missing monies - and he knew she was going to come around again on Monday. He knew his friends and partners were going to find out about the extent of his dipping into money and it was more than he was going to be able to cover this time. I do believe that AM made a slip of the tongue and said, "When Maggie asked me to leave, er, ah, go to the kennels..." - and quite possibly asked him to leave the marriage over the weekend while he was withdrawing and not being a part of the family. He did not have life insurance on Maggie and Paul, but he was the beneficiary of her estate - meaning she was worth approx $5 million dead. I'm convinced through evidence in the trial - and not counting anything I've read or seen on Netflix, etc., that the financial crimes, the financial status, and the drug issue all came together with the fact that MM was no longer happy in the marriage. AM lied about going to work at 9 am that morning (didn't get there until noon) - during the morning hours he got guns, clothes, etc. ready for the evening. Begged MM to come back to Mozelle. She did on the insistence of her sister that she should because of his father being ill. And executed his plan. So I agree with the prosecution's theory that the financial crimes were the catalyst to put a hold and stop on all the hearings and the firm's investigation in the missing money.

I don't think the SS death in the road was the start of rumors and gossip of the family. They had been using their connections as Murdaughs for many, many years to get out of speeding tickets, wrecks, boy's mischievious behaviors, allowing 14 and 15 year old friends to drink alcohol in their presence, thinking and acting like they were above the law and above the common people.

MOO.

but we need evidence.

mOO
i don't mean this personally - please don't take it that way... but I just don't understand how people can't look at the totality of all things coming to a head. Like a perfect storm. He had his battles with addiction (not as big as I think they portray, but okay), Maggie and Paul were onto him about it. He and Maggie, Buster & Girlfriend, spent a weekend at a ballgame where they portrayed it as a wonderful family time with tailgating, etc., when in reality AM was in the hotel room much of the time in withdrawals (in evidence and testified to). I bet Maggie and Buster had some interesting convos regarding AM and this pill addiction. On top of that, Alex had that critical hearing on June 10th where the courts were going to ask for his financial statements for this HUGE lawsuit (30 million) (in evidence, testified to). AM was broke and had tapped out all of his resources. He had had conversations on Friday with Jeanne at work regarding the missing monies - and he knew she was going to come around again on Monday. He knew his friends and partners were going to find out about the extent of his dipping into money and it was more than he was going to be able to cover this time. I do believe that AM made a slip of the tongue and said, "When Maggie asked me to leave, er, ah, go to the kennels..." - and quite possibly asked him to leave the marriage over the weekend while he was withdrawing and not being a part of the family. He did not have life insurance on Maggie and Paul, but he was the beneficiary of her estate - meaning she was worth approx $5 million dead. I'm convinced through evidence in the trial - and not counting anything I've read or seen on Netflix, etc., that the financial crimes, the financial status, and the drug issue all came together with the fact that MM was no longer happy in the marriage. AM lied about going to work at 9 am that morning (didn't get there until noon) - during the morning hours he got guns, clothes, etc. ready for the evening. Begged MM to come back to Mozelle. She did on the insistence of her sister that she should because of his father being ill. And executed his plan. So I agree with the prosecution's theory that the financial crimes were the catalyst to put a hold and stop on all the hearings and the firm's investigation in the missing money.

I don't think the SS death in the road was the start of rumors and gossip of the family. They had been using their connections as Murdaughs for many, many years to get out of speeding tickets, wrecks, boy's mischievious behaviors, allowing 14 and 15 year old friends to drink alcohol in their presence, thinking and acting like they were above the law and above the common people.

MOO.

She may have contacted them already and we just don't know about her yet.

When I read about the PMPED lawyers surrounding Crighton after the trial today, I sense something is up.

The brother on the stand today (sorry my mind is filled with initials in this case and I'm drawing a blank) mentioned what a loving relationship Alex and Maggie had. That opened the door for the prosecution to rebut with this lady's testimony.

There might be a lot of nauseous men tonight in SC.

Hope so!

Where were the firm lawyers surrounding WC?

@kaen when a family has an addict in it, everyone in the family revolves around making the addict "happy" to keep peace in the family. Codependency. No one acknowledges the dysfunction, because "everything is perfect".

Until everything crashes. It is exhausting to keep dysfunction going, so PM became an alcoholic, and looks like BM acted out by getting kicked out of school. MM just tried to keep pretending everything was fine...until her credit cards started getting declined.

I think everyone was beginning to stop pretending everything was "fine", and it drove AM into a rage.

Totally agree!! That co-dependency is even harder when the addict is so controlling or "giving". His kids were growing up so no more super coaching/going to games/hunting together with dad in the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txstar