Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #162

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the heck of it, here's some interesting facts about the Stephenson murders:

Two victims
Both bludgeoned and stabbed
"Bizarre" scene
Bodies posed
Every room in the house where the murder took place was staged
Items moved around
Killer(s) either stayed at the scene for hours or returned at some point
There was a postmortem injury inflicted on one of the victims
There was a message of some kind left by the killer(s)
There is unknown DNA from the scene, but it is unsuitable for genetic genealogy (sounds like it is a mixed profile from two or more persons but that's just my interpretation)
Motive is confusing to investigators due to the staging
The killer(s) staged photographs at the scene
"There's a lot about this scene you wouldn't believe"

Info from this article: Backstory: Detective vows brutal slayings of Florence couple won't go unsolved

Crazy thought but all the LE talk about a parallel investigation to Delphi makes me wonder if the specific item they wanted their POI to explain the existence of was photographic in nature.

That’s some good information.
Also concerning whether the item LE was interested in was photographic in nature, I was thinking the same.

Just for the heck of it, here's some interesting facts about the Stephenson murders:

Two victims
"Bizarre" scene
Bodies posed
Items moved around
There is unknown DNA from the scene, but it is unsuitable for genetic genealogy (sounds like it is a mixed profile from two or more persons but that's just my interpretation)

Info from this article: Backstory: Detective vows brutal slayings of Florence couple won't go unsolved

Crazy thought but all the LE talk about a parallel investigation to Delphi makes me wonder if the specific item they wanted their POI to explain the existence of was photographic in nature.
Mixed DNA of two individuals now is able to be separated, the science keeps improving each year.
Ever confusing, a partial sample means someone in CODIS is a relative at some level. this includes samples from crime scenes that have not yet been linked to an individual a.

Is there really a possible connection to Delphi or is the Boone County Sheriff just taking advantage of media coverage of a higher profile double murder case to help publicize the Stephenson case? I somehow suspect the later as there’s no reason to talk to the media if there is indeed there is a valid connection other than it yields additional awareness to his unsolved case. JMO

“He skips no chance at spreading the word about this case because, he said, he’s sure someone out there has the info he needs. “This one’s not going to go unsolved,” he said.”

Two victims
"Bizarre" scene
Bodies posed
Items moved around

Perhaps IN LE found this kind of evidence during a search? Or someone told LE they might find it on a certain person's device?

Is there really a possible connection to Delphi or is the Boone County Sheriff just taking advantage of media coverage of a higher profile double murder case to help publicize the Stephenson case? I somehow suspect the later as there’s no reason to talk to the media if there is indeed there is a valid connection other than it yields additional awareness to his unsolved case. JMO

“He skips no chance at spreading the word about this case because, he said, he’s sure someone out there has the info he needs. “This one’s not going to go unsolved,” he said.”
It's always possible, but that seems like it would invite a whole lot of unhelpful and unrelated tips. Jmo. I feel like LE holds back details for this very reason, so that when a tip comes in that actually matches otherwise unknown information, it adds merit to that tip. In a meandering way, it feels like the detective in the Stephenson case is saying that this type of specific detail was given in a tip, which is what brought them to IN and to a specific person.

Mixed DNA of two individuals now is able to be separated, the science keeps improving each year.
Ever confusing, a partial sample means someone in CODIS is a relative at some level. this includes samples from crime scenes that have not yet been linked to an individual a.
Could the unknown DNA be animal DNA? Could the article be an animal? This would fit IMHO

Considering that it involves another case(Delphi) that is prepping for trial I think pretending there was a connection just for media attention would cause tons of problems.

From your link (it's not linked to RA):

“There’s things that will make you really interested in a case, simply more than just somebody saying, ‘Hey, we we think this person might have been involved.’ But we had a little piece of information that really made that case specifically interesting to us,” Cox said.

The information pointed Boone County investigators toward a specific person who had a specific item they were interested in.

“I’m not going to tell you about what that item was,” Cox said. “We’ve recently been in the northern part of Indiana, investigating this guy, following him around, looking for things, collecting all of the information and evidence that we would need to at least vet him as best we could with our case. He was cooperative... We were able to go down that path with him, and he articulated good reason to why that [item] may have existed.”
You know, as odd as potentially tying these 2 cases together is to me... I can't help but wonder if the tie could have anything to do with the "tentacles" Carter has talked about and it being "very complex" in Libby & Abby's case.

“This case is unlikely any that I’ve seen in an almost 40-year career, Superintendent Carter tells WIBC’s Hammer & Nigel, “there are so many different tentacles to this. Its very complex.”

Both of those statements have always made me think there is more 'something' to this. That 'something' could be more people involved in the killings (KAK, RL, and/or someone else?), and/or more cases out there that he (and potentially other 'tentacles') may be involved in. But for the life of me, I can't connect the killing of 2 young girls with the killings of an older highly religious married couple. But! That is because I am not privy to having all the info LE has. If I had, things might make a whole lot more sense, like it appears to make to those more in the know than we are. All MOO

Last edited:
I had to laugh at your gobbledygook. I went on a little mental rant after reading this quote below. Can't they ever just say what they mean?

"We were able to go down that path with him, and he articulated good reason to why that [item] may have existed.”

Exactly!! Somewhere on the 11 year path between the mud and the fog the item exists. So, 'twas clearly time to write a news story on these certain unspeakable facts. ;)

I had to laugh at your gobbledygook. I went on a little mental rant after reading this quote below. Can't they ever just say what they mean?

"We were able to go down that path with him, and he articulated good reason to why that [item] may have existed.”
I think they could say exactly what they mean IF that information isn't something currently being withheld from the public and info they are holding very close to their vests. Since it's not public, they tiptoe around what exactly it is, and rightfully so. I wouldn't want info getting out in a murder case for my loved ones if it could compromise the case. Would I want to know what they know in a case that was close to home? You bet your sweet bippy I would. But as frustrating as it would be for me not to know, I'd understand they are doing exactly what they are trained to do, and for my benefit, which is to not tell the general public more than they need to know.

We're simply not privy to it at this time, which can make things confusing (or frustrating) to those trying to figure things out. It's hard to sleuth something with bits and pieces, but bits and pieces it is. lol :cool:

Maybe it would be better if MSM simply didn't post such comments when there's no meat to them (no actual info, just dodging the Q).

All MOO

You know, as odd as potentially tying these 2 cases together is to me... I can't help but wonder if the tie could have anything to do with the "tentacles" Carter has talked about and it being "very complex" in Libby & Abby's case.

“This case is unlikely any that I’ve seen in an almost 40-year career, Superintendent Carter tells WIBC’s Hammer & Nigel, “there are so many different tentacles to this. Its very complex.”

Both of those statements have always made me think there is more 'something' to this. That 'something' could be more people involved in the killings (KAK, RL, and/or someone else?), and/or more cases out there that he (and potentially other 'tentacles') may be involved in. But for the life of me, I can't connect the killing of 2 young girls with the killings of an older highly religious married couple. But! That is because I am not privy to having all the info LE has. If I had, things might make a whole lot more sense, like it appears to make to those more in the know than we are. All MOO

Bringing the religious aspect of the older couple brings me back to think of the religious slant of the news conference with the shack references. I’m just trying to understand any connection that could be behind the 2 cases.

Considering that it involves another case(Delphi) that is prepping for trial I think pretending there was a connection just for media attention would cause tons of problems.

Not necessarily. How many times in the past have we seen news stories titled something like the same “Investigators looking into possible link”.…..at least 3 others that I can think of.

Part 2 They first got the tip in 2020 about a possible connection and have been in contact with ISP regarding the respective cases.

Last edited:
Here is a story I had not seen before, even though it's an old one. Posting link just in case some of you may not have read it either.

Bringing the religious aspect of the older couple takes me back to think of the religious slant of the news conference with the shack references. I’m just trying to understand any connection that could be behind the 2 cases.
At the time, the FBI agent who viewed the Delphi scene being processed stated that there were several signatures that led
him to believe the crime would be solved in a matter of days.
Religious items a possible specific connection, or an old rumor?

Here is a story I had not seen before, even though it's an old one. Posting link just in case some of you may not have read it either.
Thanks for bringing this one back. It’s a good piece.
I missed this quote the first time I read it:

One of Libby’s quotes is painted across the top of an ice cream truck out back: “There’s always room for ice cream.”

Thanks for bringing this one back. It’s a good piece.
I missed this quote the first time I read it:

One of Libby’s quotes is painted across the top of an ice cream truck out back: “There’s always room for ice cream.”
I’ve not seen this before. It’s a great article.

serial killers have a motive and an MO..usually
and this crime makes no sense to this killer/murder

serial killers have a motive and an MO..usually
and this crime makes no sense to this killer/murder

I kinda agree.
There’s a lot that doesn’t match here. An older couple vs two young teens; inside a condo vs outside near a trail; middle of the night vs broad daylight. None of that makes sense from our perspective, yet the investigator told us something was worth looking at. This is not wild speculation by one of us websleuthers. LE looked at and did not completely dismiss it.
I don’t get the sense that LE thinks the same person was responsible for both murders, but that maybe they are connected in some way through a third party or parties.
The fact LE didn’t make that connection until six years after Delphi and only after a tip, to me, means the connection or item they talked about was not obvious from the crime scenes. Not like both included statues of Elmer Fudd at the scene.

JG is struggling with his pollen allergies affecting his voice during his closing. Will he loose his voice and be unable to finish?
Perhaps whoever killed the couple killed them for personal reasons (very different reasons than why A and L were murdered), staged it for perverse reasons and that perversion is what links the case. Perhaps the murderer of the couple has a proclivity for CSAM and knew of a certain dropbox. Layers. Others involved.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members