Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #162

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. How many times in the past have we seen news stories titled something like the same “Investigators looking into possible link”.…..at least 3 others that I can think of.

Part 2 They first got the tip in 2020 about a possible connection and have been in contact with ISP regarding the respective cases.
Just saw this on the S thread, possible re post of associated videos.. also posted on that thread..
2011.336260/#post-18169666

Part 1

Part 2

This paragraph from the article especially caught my eye:

“There were things that were done to their bodies that, that was horrific... They changed several things in the scene, which is really, really unusual for any murder scene anywhere in the country or in the world,” Cox said. “There was quite a bit of time that the perpetrators, the killers, stayed in the residence or felt comfortable coming back to the scene.”
When they say “killers” it implies (to me) that there was more than one.
I wonder if that’s the case.

Maybe. Or a certain utensil, which was brought to the crime scene, used there for a very unusual task (causing injury??) and at the end was taken back by the person. An utensil with a longer life time than an animal perhaps and still discoverable.
A skillet, or other cooking utensil, religious symbol like a cross? speculation.

I find it all very compelling. It feels to me like somebody called in a tip, which was specific enough that Boone Co. LE was interested, IMO. They spoke with a specific person in Indiana, about a specific item, and that person gave a reason for the item's existence, which Boone Co. LE thought pertinent enough to forward on to ISP. Whether this ends up meaning anything or not, only time will tell, but it's interesting. The person was apparently not arrested, that we know of, and it wasn't expressed whether DNA was obtained from that person, either.

The information pointed Boone County investigators toward a specific person who had a specific item they were interested in.

“I’m not going to tell you about what that item was,” Cox said. “We’ve recently been in the northern part of Indiana, investigating this guy, following him around, looking for things, collecting all of the information and evidence that we would need to at least vet him as best we could with our case. He was cooperative... We were able to go down that path with him, and he articulated good reason to why that [item] may have existed.”

Cox said they sent what they found to Indiana State Police, since that is the agency handling Abby and Libby’s murder case.

“We received information from Indiana as it related to some persons and we forwarded that to them... We did not send them the information that led them to Richard Allen. We sent them information that may have had some parallel consistencies with where they are with that case right now,” Cox said. “I know that sounds a little cloak and dagger, but I’m just sorry about that. We’re not getting farther with that.”

Investigators looking into possible link between Stephenson murders and Delphi case

You know, as odd as potentially tying these 2 cases together is to me... I can't help but wonder if the tie could have anything to do with the "tentacles" Carter has talked about and it being "very complex" in Libby & Abby's case.

“This case is unlikely any that I’ve seen in an almost 40-year career, Superintendent Carter tells WIBC’s Hammer & Nigel, “there are so many different tentacles to this. Its very complex.”

Both of those statements have always made me think there is more 'something' to this. That 'something' could be more people involved in the killings (KAK, RL, and/or someone else?), and/or more cases out there that he (and potentially other 'tentacles') may be involved in. But for the life of me, I can't connect the killing of 2 young girls with the killings of an older highly religious married couple. But! That is because I am not privy to having all the info LE has. If I had, things might make a whole lot more sense, like it appears to make to those more in the know than we are. All MOO

IDK, no disrespect intended towards him, but IMO Supt Carter's revelations at press conferences can seem murky and confusing to everyone but himself (eg the reference to the movie The Shack)...

JMO

Hey folks,

This thread is dedicated to discussion of the Delphi case. The Stephenson case has its own dedicated thread. Please don't start interspersing links and details from one thread into the other.

It's fine in this Delphi thread to make reference to a possible connection to the Stephenson case, and vice versa but as we've had to do with other 'possible' connections, please leave the links and specific details of each case in their own dedicated thread for thread organization purposes.

Thanks.

Haven't heard from Delhi re: the Kentucky "connection", have we?

That's a bit curious.

I don’t think it’s unusual they’ve made no comment, especially since Cox was quite careful in his statements to the media.

“Based on what they have right now, Cox said they don’t see a connection with the Delphi murders.…

……Cox made it clear that he does not believe Richard Allen, the man accused in the Delphi murders, had anything to do with the Stephensons’ murders…..”

However it is quite interesting to note his manner of suggestive innuendo bears a distinct resemblance to a lot of the double speak that has undergone massive interpretation in the Delphi case, yet their thread hasn’t passed one page in the past 12 years.

You know, as odd as potentially tying these 2 cases together is to me... I can't help but wonder if the tie could have anything to do with the "tentacles" Carter has talked about and it being "very complex" in Libby & Abby's case.

“This case is unlikely any that I’ve seen in an almost 40-year career, Superintendent Carter tells WIBC’s Hammer & Nigel, “there are so many different tentacles to this. Its very complex.”

Both of those statements have always made me think there is more 'something' to this. That 'something' could be more people involved in the killings (KAK, RL, and/or someone else?), and/or more cases out there that he (and potentially other 'tentacles') may be involved in. But for the life of me, I can't connect the killing of 2 young girls with the killings of an older highly religious married couple. But! That is because I am not privy to having all the info LE has. If I had, things might make a whole lot more sense, like it appears to make to those more in the know than we are. All MOO

Thank you for bringing this forward. The word choice of “tentacles” is interesting to me. I have been thinking a lot about octopi lately (not related to this). Did you know the octopus is highly intelligent and known as a master of disguise? Do you think that word was chosen carefully? I can think of many synonyms i would have used first before reaching for “tentacles.”

Thank you for bringing this forward. The word choice of “tentacles” is interesting to me. I have been thinking a lot about octopi lately (not related to this). Did you know the octopus is highly intelligent and known as a master of disguise? Do you think that word was chosen carefully? I can think of many synonyms i would have used first before reaching for “tentacles.”
As a matter of fact I did know that. :) I learned it long ago so I stopped eating tako (octopus sushi) loooong ago. I just... can't. I also have a hard time looking at it in the seafood display and will turn away. :(

As for why LE chose that word.... I'm guessin' they aren't one that knows the intelligence of octopi. lol I could be wrong though! It wouldn't be the first time but I know where I'm placing my bet. Them not knowing that fact.

So, due to that, I'm thinking they simply meant many arms (branching out every which way) and nothing to do with intelligence nor disguise. :) One example of 'many arms' could be the Stephenson case that's recently been brought up with a potential tie (although I can't come up with one with my limited info!). Another could be KAK and or RL. But keep in mind an octopus has 8 arms, not 4. ;)

The Fox news piece from Detective Cox yesterday regarding Bill and Peggy Stephenson and the tips they received was very odd.

What other parallel investigations are going on for Delphi?

The Fort Wayne connection is interesting to me for several reasons. One of the usernames from the Kegan Kline transcript, Hannah Rostell, operated an Instagram account that utilized a young girl for a 15 year old sex slave, and she was from Fort Wayne.

This case continues to leave me frustrated, despite Allen's arrest.

I do firmly believe there are others involved in these murders.

I haven't been around WS in a long time, but, I still work the case.

This is a good video summarizing the Stephenson - Delphi information.

There are a couple of post on the Stephenson thread, where MOO this discussion should be, that point out that
You guys. What in the actual eff is going on here. Can’t wait to catch up. Local (Fort Wayne) news tonight; head spinning Kentucky detective investigating possible connection between 2011 double murder and Delphi case

ETA: our local news shared this but it originated elsewhere (Indy, I think)
I don't ever remember a time when such a piece was put out for a case, only to be basically retracted the next day.
I certainly agree that it was walked back/retracted and therefore is not relevant to the Delphi case. To quote the Stephenson case detective:

"Cox made it clear that he does not believe Richard Allen, the man accused in the Delphi murders, had anything to do with the Stephensons’ murders.

There are a couple of post on the Stephenson thread, where MOO this discussion should be, that point out that

I certainly agree that it was walked back/retracted and therefore is not relevant to the Delphi case. To quote the Stephenson case detective:

"Cox made it clear that he does not believe Richard Allen, the man accused in the Delphi murders, had anything to do with the Stephensons’ murders.

I wasn't aware there was a retraction. The first statement made by Cox contained that language.
The info has nothing to do with RA.

In fact, Delphi LE have indicated that other strands of this case exist and continue to be investigated - related to individuals/facts that go beyond RA.

……In fact, Delphi LE have indicated that other strands of this case exist and continue to be investigated - related to individuals/facts that go beyond RA.

The statements regarding tentacles and the possibility of involvement of others were stated October/November of last year. It’s now March 2023, as no charges against anyone else have been laid we can’t assume statements made in the past are still applicable today. JMO

The statements regarding tentacles and the possibility of involvement of others were stated October/November of last year. It’s now March 2023, as no charges against anyone else have been laid we can’t assume statements made in the past are still applicable today. JMO

To my understanding, the statements regarding the possible involvement of others were made after RA's arrest, and have not been updated nor withdrawn. (jmu - just my understanding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname