Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think cctv is often used as a way of jogging people’s memories and taking them back to the moment… I am surprised that an image of NB on or near the walk hasnt been released… prior to her body being located. The only image we saw was before she set out and I wouldn’t have known that was her.. the face shape and clothing didn’t tie up with released pictures of her. How ever, I’m not suggesting it wasn’t her!!
I am not convinced that she walked the riverside walk hence I’d love to see cctv images that prove me wrong
“I am not convinced that she walked the riverside walk hence I’d love to see cctv images that prove me wrong”

So how does this explain the two separate witnesses who saw her on the riverside walk and her dog being found by the bench which is deep within the riverside area?

It seems there is a CCTV black spot from the school to the entrance to the towpath which is why police have asked for dashcam footage.

Are we to conclude that dashcam footage didn’t come through or she wasn’t picked up on it? Or was the dashcam just looking for the time when she / anyone else could have left the riverside area as they would by now have been able to track her walk to the riverside area by her phone movements.

I don’t think we know the name of the witness who talked to NB in top field. Is there any cctv evidence of NB that morning, apart from the door bell cctv which shows a vague image. It seems strange that none was released at the time of disappearance… which is what usually happens.
As far as I can make out, we have a witness at the school drop off but not sure if there was cctv.
Absolutely nothing...No CCTV on her travels in her vehicle or on foot. The witness that did come forward, the lady in red stated that she did not see or know NB although we were led to believe otherwise...No other witnesses that were on those very grainy images are known to us. IMO they dont exist

Absolutely nothing...No CCTV on her travels in her vehicle or on foot. The witness that did come forward, the lady in red stated that she did not see or know NB although we were led to believe otherwise...No other witnesses that were on those very grainy images are known to us. IMO they dont exist
Were we led to believe otherwise? By who?

... Why would she lie? Who is 'leading us to believe otherwise', and why?

I'm sure these poor witnesses have been hunted down on SM even though nothing they have to say is or should be public knowledge. They were located and asked about Nicola by the police. That's enough.

Why does it have to be off the back of a dispute?

Most accidents don't have writing for them that you'd find in 'Casualty' or 'CSI'. Accidents are mean and they're sad, but they do happen. People go tit over teakettle all the time. Unfortunately, there doesn't need to be anything deeper than that.

She probably left her phone there because she felt it was safe. We're all guilty of doing that occasionally when we're following a routine, even outside of our own homes. Being mentally distracted can also make someone more likely to absently leave their phone somewhere and more likely to end up doing something careless or risky that could end up with them in harm -- but most people survive to mutter to themselves what an idiot they are and that they'll never do xyz again.

Because she didn't tumble by accident anywhere near the bench, if she tumbled at all, IMO. I'm personally satisfied to believe that PF and the police team established that much in their searched.

Let's just say 100% it's an accidental fall. So, *if* she tumbled, it was a significant distance from the bench. Why did she have cause to move so far from the bench that she instinctively bring her phone? Only logical reason can be is 'something' unexpected that required immediate urgent action required her to move / flee. Whatever that 'thing' was must have meant she stood up fast, had no thought for her phone, moved to a different location (not near the bench), then accidentally fell or stumbled into the water a significant distance away.

That's my firm take on it. So, what sort of thing would it be? A high conflict situation? A life and death threat? Terror? Running to urgently assist another person or another dog? Running to rescue her own dog from something, maybe falling in? If so, her own dog might be a bit muddy and wet? Forced at knife / gun point? etc.

JMO MOO

Here are some U.K. stats. Roughly 400 people drown by accident and another 200 take their life by drowning.

So it would seem that when any fatality is discovered in water 1/3 or 1 in 3 chance is suicide.

Seems significant enough.

Overlay with

age/gender (45-49 peak age for female suicide

addiction

MH issues

Recent welfare check.

That’s all ‘we’ know - there will be much more information that the police know that will add or reduce the ‘risk’ in this specific case.

100% agree that people throw themselves into bodies of water to end their own life - usually off cliffs and in the sea or dangerous bodies of water, not streams or canals because they're not killer situations. It's not a common choice of suicide.

I personally do not agree that people throw themselves into slow moving shallow streams to take their own life as it's a ludicrous idea of a suicide attempt for a strong swimmer. However, I can see that under the influence of substances, anything could happen (I've been there myself) and ending up in the water could be a part of it all :( JMO

Because she didn't tumble by accident anywhere near the bench, if she tumbled at all, IMO. I'm personally satisfied to believe that PF and the police team established that much in their searched.

Let's just say 100% it's an accidental fall. So, *if* she tumbled, it was a significant distance from the bench. Why did she have cause to move so far from the bench that she instinctively bring her phone? Only logical reason can be is 'something' unexpected that required immediate urgent action required her to move / flee. Whatever that 'thing' was must have meant she stood up fast, had no thought for her phone, moved to a different location (not near the bench), then accidentally fell or stumbled into the water a significant distance away.

That's my firm take on it. So, what sort of thing would it be? A high conflict situation? A life and death threat? Terror? Running to urgently assist another person or another dog? Running to rescue her own dog from something, maybe falling in? If so, her own dog might be a bit muddy and wet? Forced at knife / gun point? etc.

JMO MOO
Nicola may have been ready to go home and put the harness back on Willow. Willow having a giddy moment or chasing something. Nicola needs both hands and puts phone down on bench. She chases after Willow and trips, dropping the harness. Goes down bank and knocks head. You can drown even in shallow water. Searches aren't foolproof and they could simply have missed her if she has gone into mud and silt. Well it's one possible scenario imo

PA in Ch5 interview said that he called 999 on the way to the scene, he estimated that call to be 1050. At the bench he was given NB's fone and Willow, received a call from the police telling him to go home as the police would be going there, he drove home, estimating the police were at the house at 1125. So from his recall, PA was at the bench before the police.
You are right about Willow not being able to break free of both harness and lead. As the lead wasn't mentioned at all until mid Feb, AFAIK it was never made clear if the lead was attached to the harness when found, or whether the harness was fastened (ie Willlow could have backed out of it). IMO, if Willow was not tied up by NB, ie made safeand unable to follow her, it is more likely to have been a tragic accident. all MOO.

Thanks for this info as it's pretty much what I recall he said without checking, however, there's a gap in info in the whole story - who gave him NB's phone and Willow?

Also, if the police said to me, you need to leave and be back home I would be like hell am I going anywhere my partner and mother of my children is around here somewhere and we need to find her RIGHT NOW. You would need to go to court and get me a court order to force me to 'go back home'

JMO MOO

Thanks for this info as it's pretty much what I recall he said without checking, however, there's a gap in info in the whole story - who gave him NB's phone and Willow?

Also, if the police said to me, you need to leave and be back home I would be like hell am I going anywhere my partner and mother of my children is around here somewhere and we need to find her RIGHT NOW. You would need to go to court and get me a court order to force me to 'go back home'

JMO MOO

Let's try not to shame a partner for doing what the police asked him to do at a time of confusion about what even happened. It's hard to know what to do in those split-second moments, and what's best. If you have someone calm directing you to go back home, that may be a reassuring order to follow rather than running around the woods in a panic.

Let's try not to shame a partner for doing what the police asked him to do at a time of confusion about what even happened. It's hard to know what to do in those split-second moments, and what's best. If you have someone calm directing you to go back home, that may be a reassuring order to follow rather than running around the woods in a panic.

I'm not in any way trying to shame anyone.

I'm keen to know who gave him the phone and the dog as this has yet been officially accounted for or verified.

Certainly I know that I personally would *never* comply with a police suggestion to leave the area where my loved one has 'disappeared' from because I would be imagining all sorts of things including that they may be struggling or incapacitated somewhere near by and need emergency assistance, most especially if they had already had issues with substances and suicidal ideation. That's just me, I am not PA, I am not claiming to think the same as PA and I am not shaming him for his actions. Something, however, does not sit right for me in this entire situation. JMO MOO

JMO MOO
I’m not sure any of us really know how we would react in this situation until we are in it. We might think we would stay out there all night and have to be dragged home etc but we don’t have all the context as to why PA did what he did. It is not inherently unreasonable or suspicious for PA to have followed police instructions, especially as we don’t know whether, for example, those were accompanied with advice that should something terrible have happened to Nicola then PA would not want to be the one to find her, he should remain calm for the children’s sakes, etc.

Members of the public are told not to get themselves involved in investigations. “Not getting himself arrested by defying the police” is not questionable behaviour by PA.

I think cctv is often used as a way of jogging people’s memories and taking them back to the moment… I am surprised that an image of NB on or near the walk hasnt been released… prior to her body being located. The only image we saw was before she set out and I wouldn’t have known that was her.. the face shape and clothing didn’t tie up with released pictures of her. How ever, I’m not suggesting it wasn’t her!!
I am not convinced that she walked the riverside walk hence I’d love to see cctv images that prove me wrong
“I am not convinced that she walked the riverside walk hence I’d love to see cctv images that prove me wrong”

So how does this explain the two separate witnesses who saw her on the riverside walk and her dog being found by the bench which is deep within the riverside area?

It seems there is a CCTV black spot from the school to the entrance to the towpath which is why police have asked for dashcam footage.

Are we to conclude that dashcam footage didn’t come through or she wasn’t picked up on it? Or was the dashcam just looking for the time when she / anyone else could have left the riverside area as they would by now have been able to track her walk to the riverside area by her phone movements.

100% agree that people throw themselves into bodies of water to end their own life - usually off cliffs and in the sea or dangerous bodies of water, not streams or canals because they're not killer situations. It's not a common choice of suicide.

I personally do not agree that people throw themselves into slow moving shallow streams to take their own life as it's a ludicrous idea of a suicide attempt for a strong swimmer. However, I can see that under the influence of substances, anything could happen (I've been there myself) and ending up in the water could be a part of it all :( JMO

Here are the facts from the source link:

Almost two in every three fatalities happen at inland waters such as canals and rivers, lakes, quarries and reservoirs (62%). Coastal incidents account for the majority of those requiring a search and rescue response, but result in just over 1 in 3 (38%) of all fatal incidents.†

Its not so much that there is a black spot, more a case of there being very little CCTV in what is a small rural setting and what there is is set up for the benefit of property owners.

If I remember correctly from the Ch5 interview, PA said he received a call from the school whilst he was driving to look for NB, then he rang the police, who said to return home so they could speak to him there.
If I find this quite odd... surely the police would want to go immediately to the area where Willow and phone were to investigate and help search for NB? Why would they want to see PA back at home? I was under the impression PA turned around in the car to return home as directed by LE?

Last edited:
If I remember correctly from the Ch5 interview, PA said he received a call from the school whilst he was driving to look for NB, then he rang the police, who said to return home so they could speak to him there.
If I find this quite odd... surely the police would want to go immediately to the area where Willow and phone were to investigate and help search for NB? Why would they want to see PA back at home?
Multi tasking perhaps

Here are the facts from the source link:

Almost two in every three fatalities happen at inland waters such as canals and rivers, lakes, quarries and reservoirs (62%). Coastal incidents account for the majority of those requiring a search and rescue response, but result in just over 1 in 3 (38%) of all fatal incidents.†

But how many of those inland waters are small rivers, vs. say lakes? I think the number would be tiny, IMO.

Nicola may have been ready to go home and put the harness back on Willow. Willow having a giddy moment or chasing something. Nicola needs both hands and puts phone down on bench. She chases after Willow and trips, dropping the harness. Goes down bank and knocks head. You can drown even in shallow water. Searches aren't foolproof and they could simply have missed her if she has gone into mud and silt. Well it's one possible scenario imo
It's possible but extremely unlikely, and then why is willow dry, how come the people finding willow didn't see her and how did she get to the deeper water for the divers to miss her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua