GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate writing this. But I’m still just so perplexed why SLED did not secure the scene and all of Moselle for at least a few days - especially the area where Paul and Maggie were found. Something does not sit right with me that it was AM’s brother was the one who cleaned up Paul’s remains THE VERY NEXT DAY after the body was taken away. Wouldn’t a double murder crime scene be roped off for some time so that crime scene investigators and evidence collectors could gather evidence? It hurts my mind! Just like it was AM’s brother who towed the boat away (from a crime scene) before Mallory’s body was even located. Seems like Brother is always doing clean up for AM and family. Heck, my neighbor shot a gun from her vehicle (not at someone but into a building - no one hurt) and they took her car for an entire 10 days for evidence gathering. I just can’t wrap my head about the lack processing and securing of the crime scene and have concerns that AM had help after the fact.

I addressed this multiple thread ago but I'll try to shorten my thoughts on it. Moselle is a HUGE property in the middle of nowhere. It would have taken a lot of manpower to rope off the entire property. The 1st responders put up crime scene tape around the immediate area of the crime scene within the 1st 1/2 hr 45 minutes of showing up at the property. If you look at the drone footage the house is quite a distance from the crime scene. Nothing in those 1st hours pointed to the house being a part of the crime scene. Also Convicted Murderer Alex had called in practically every lawyer friend he could who immediately showed up at the house and started occupying it as a sort of command center for Convicted Murderer Alex to deal with the entire thing before the police could even get up there. They were busy securing the scene at the kennels and investigating the immediate crime scene. In a perfect world and in hindsight yes, they probably should have not let anyone in the house. Unfortunately having all those lawyers present and because of the power that Convicted Murderer Alex had, there was sadly some intimidation. SLED got their warrant but by that time, they didn't need it because they were invited to look around. ( All things considered it didn't really matter anyway as nothing in the house really helped the prosecution ot the defendant.)

As far as the crime scene being processed, SLED had investigators out there all night and the next day. They photographed and video taped the entire scene. I don't know what else they needed to do. They got their primary investigation of the scene and documented it. It is not their job to clean up the crime scene. And again, we are talking about a remote area. LE does not have the manpower to dedicate to an already processed crime scene. They got what they needed and left. They have other things they need to dedicate their time and effort to besides this case.

And this can be flipped right back at the defense as their crime scene investigators didn't go to the crime scene until a day or two of being called to the witness stand. How could they learn anything from a scene where the crime was done over 2 years ago? Yet they did and offered an opinion.

You neighbor got her car seized and the police got their info they needed while it was at the impound yard. It's a lot easier to secure a car and get to it when they can while they have the car. It's not the same thing as a many acre farm in Moselle. Big difference.

I don't think an investigation into Gloria's death can ever show anything other than an accident. The two witnesses are dead, so unless there is something very unusual found in an exhumation or Alex ever confesses to anything, I doubt there will be anything more to say about it.
I agree and I believe if Alex tried to kill Gloria she wouldn’t have lived a few days in the hospital. Another words he would have made sure she couldn’t tell. I also don’t think it’s fair to blame Buster about Steven death based off rumors.

Well when family gets alone time with the body, does anyone check the casket after that? I don't know but I don't know why the funeral home or anyone would need or want to check a casket after family has their last moments and they close the casket.. does anyone open it again?
I'd just like to know: does a lead vault into which a coffin is placed defeat ground penetrating radar or does GPR simply reveal the top/bottom/sides of the vault as something with different density than the things inside?

I realize gossip is easy to come by. I was looking for proof. If LE is crooked the AM has a good case for a retrial.

I'd love to see who was taking kick backs.
MOO...
Gossip? All those people speaking to the MSM are gossiping?

I doubt anyone is going to openly admit they are taking kick backs.

Well when family gets alone time with the body, does anyone check the casket after that? I don't know but I don't know why the funeral home or anyone would need or want to check a casket after family has their last moments and they close the casket.. does anyone open it again?
I know the funeral home people stand around 'off to the side' waiting for all to leave. The cemetery workers are way off somewhere, waiting. I'd think the casket is all set once it leaves the funeral home to stay closed. Thinking though, I bet if that did happen, bury the rifle or whatever gun it was, it was all broken down maybe and could of been said, I'd like to bury this little bundle with Dad I brought here and forgot to give it to you at the funeral home, can I just pop the lid a minute? AGAIN, just imagination/ possibilities, but that means LE will have to exhume that. I imagine they looked while back , but I think I never heard of where they looked or if they did in all this. Septics/ were mentioned as well, but that would be the first place probably as that IS a place criminals toss things into.

I realize gossip is easy to come by. I was looking for proof. If LE is crooked the AM has a good case for a retrial.

I'd love to see who was taking kick backs.
MOO...
It was testified to in court under oath -- by a police officer who was also friends of the family -- not sure what else you are looking for.

There was testimony from one of his son's friends that he was employed as a runner for the firm for a time and that one of his jobs was to cash (lots of) checks. He testified about an occasion when he walked into Alex's office and Alex had envelopes of money and the Police Chief of a neighboring town was in the office.

But beyond possible bribes, the family has been literally in charge of justice in the 14th circuit for 100 years. Alex himself carried two solicitor's office badges -- one assistant, and one associate. I highly recommend the Murdaugh Murders podcast, which is recorded by a local SC investigative journalist who has been researching and writing about the Murdaughs for four years. The crimes he has committed were enabled by a system that gave his family a lot of cover and there's a lot of nuance involved in understanding the systemic factors that almost enabled him to get away with these crimes.
I've watched the podcast, and read for four years. Remained silent here until after be was sentenced.

But....I have yet, to see ONE, just one person named.

I certainly hope LE will investigate the LE in another town.

I'm just trying to stick to the facts. If LE is crooked, then the SAG needs to clean up the town.
MOO...

So, how did Brian K.'s (Idaho 4 ) pair with the bluetooth of a speaker in the house?
JMO, and I can't speak for every car, but I know that if my husband and I are in our car. It will only pair to Bluetooth one of of our phones (normally mine, for some reason) but the phone has to be programmed into the car before the Bluetooth will pick it up.
If that makes sense.

The obit states a graveside service. I could not find any MSM the viewing was at home. It is unusual for the caskets to be kept in the home.

The family usually receives friends at the home and is stated in the obit, with an address, but not PMs.

I thought for sure he was layed out at home.
They still did home lay outs when I lived in Ga. Put signs out in front of home to slow done.

Still have picture of gfather layed out in Gmother’s front parlor.

Jmo

So, I think that would depend on if she ever connected her phone to his car via bluetooth. Also, I can only speak on my own vehicle (which is a 2016 Highlander) but I am the primary user in my vehicle. My husband's phone does not connect to my car if my phone is in my car as I am the primary user. Not sure how it would've worked in his car.
If I remember correctly, there was a court exhibit showing a screenshot of the setting of MM's mobile phone and I believe Bluetooth was turned off which I think would prevent any attempt to pair with AM's suburban. JMO

I've watched the podcast, and read for four years. Remained silent here until after be was sentenced.

But....I have yet, to see ONE, just one person named.

I certainly hope LE will investigate the LE in another town.

I'm just trying to stick to the facts. If LE is crooked, then the SAG needs to clean uo the town.
MOO...
Watched the podcast? Lawd I am confused. But let's just stick to the facts and revisit the sworn testimony of Colleton County police officer Nolen Tuten.

It was testified to in court under oath -- by a police officer who was also friends of the family -- not sure what else you are looking for.
Dang, So LE testified that AM was paying off the police. At the trial and no one was concerned, or ask who the officers excepting kick backs were? I would think the SAG, would be all over this.

Do you remember about when in the trial?

I just watched the sentencing, he didn't use the word 'intentionally'. He said "never, under any circumstances". Full stop. But, many people will lie to save themselves from jail, and he's a habitual liar.

I'm glad the judge said the obvious thing: maybe he was a 'different man', because of the 60-odd opiod pills he was taking daily. On that particularly bad day, who knows how many he'd downed.

JMO
Yes, but in his statements at sentencing wasn’t the other qualifier from the defendant ‘hurt’?

I don’t believe that the defendant has ever uttered the words kill or murder? I could be quite wrong.

During the trial I believe he interjected ‘intentionally’ on occasion.

IMO

I thought for sure he was layed out at home.
They still did home lay outs when I lived in Ga. Put signs out in front of home to slow done.

Still have picture of gfather layed out in Gmother’s front parlor.

Jmo
It was once Custom to have the Casket in the Living Room, and visitors would come, maybe have a cup of tea, gather together to mourn a thome. Does happen today if the family wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member