GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm sure you guys have probably discussed this at length - I admittedly have not been following along here because between watching the trials and following along on Reddit I haven't been here much at all. But if you think the jury got this right - what were the things that pushed you towards "guilty"?

For me it was the 17-19 second window that he took to call 911, and the kennel video.

Special mention: claiming to have checked their pulses prior to 911, not having any visible blood on him after checking their pulses, and of course, the ballistics.

Things that made my eyebrows go up:

Immediately telling the first LE about Paul's boat case and he's getting threats
He lied about how long he was gone to that first LE that arrived
He asks Blanca to clean the house and he asks the groundskeeper to clean the lawn and driveway early on the 8th
Blanca was uncomfortable about the shirt conversation
Ms. Shelly was freaked out enough about their conversation that she called her brother to share what Alex said
He lied about being at the kennel
His reason for lying is drugs, but he can't even tell us how many pills he took, what a normal day of taking pills looked like, when, how many at a time, etc.
He took the stand answering questions like a lawyer, NOT like a grieving father wrongly accused of murdering his son and wife.
He was caught in several lies on the stand
All his calls/texts from June 7th were deleted, except 2 facetime calls
He wasn't worried about Buster
He wasn't afraid for himself, Buster, or anyone else in the aftermath, yet several people testified they were all afraid and he wasn't worried about whoever killed them coming after him or his family/friends
He still isn't looking for the "real" killer and neither is anyone else in his family

Its always been said that she fell up steps then down steps, IDK what the final result was. I can see her being pushed with such force that she hit the lower steps and concrete with her head before she could break her fall with her hands. If she fell down a flight of stairs and landed with force, her lower back, her ribs, neck and head would hit at the same time. IMO
Interesting. Who fell up the stairs? How could that happen?

There really wasn't that much time for people to think about and write a statement and since the verdict came so quickly I think maybe that people didn't have enough time to get there this morning. Maybe that kept people from making a statement. Also I can see that people may be so over the whole ordeal that they think what's the point? Alex is so far gone it wouldn't make a difference.
It's a world to absorb then put to meaningful word's in such a short time and for some they never find the words to express what the heart feels.

Its always been said that she fell up steps then down steps, IDK what the final result was. I can see her being pushed with such force that she hit the lower steps and concrete with her head before she could break her fall with her hands. If she fell down a flight of stairs and landed with force, her lower back, her ribs, neck and head would hit at the same time. IMO
And it is my understanding MM and PM were at home. I believe I heard the 911 call. My gosh how awful. I hope they look closer, at least to be sure.

I missed the part about LE being fearful of the family or of any mention of incentives to LE from the family.

I know AM, stole from the law from and clients. But I've not heard LE state or accuse AM of incentives. If LE has excepted incentives, surely a mistrial will be called.
MOO...

I recall it being mentioned in early news stories that Alex often hosted members of LE at the hunting lodge for hunting parties, etc. The Murdaughs didn't live there full time and sometimes allowed local LE and SLED to use the lodge and hunting grounds.

Things that made my eyebrows go up:

Immediately telling the first LE about Paul's boat case and he's getting threats
He lied about how long he was gone to that first LE that arrived
He asks Blanca to clean the house and he asks the groundskeeper to clean the lawn and driveway early on the 8th
Blanca was uncomfortable about the shirt conversation
Ms. Shelly was freaked out enough about their conversation that she called her brother to share what Alex said
He lied about being at the kennel
His reason for lying is drugs, but he can't even tell us how many pills he took, what a normal day of taking pills looked like, when, how many at a time, etc.
He took the stand answering questions like a lawyer, NOT like a grieving father wrongly accused of murdering his son and wife.
He was caught in several lies on the stand
All his calls/texts from June 7th were deleted, except 2 facetime calls
He wasn't worried about Buster
He wasn't afraid for himself, Buster, or anyone else in the aftermath, yet several people testified they were all afraid and he wasn't worried about whoever killed them coming after him or his family/friends
He still isn't looking for the "real" killer and neither is anyone else in his family
This is a great list! The things that gave me the chills were:

- "Whoever did this has been planning it for a long time" - to MM's sister
- "My first priority is clearing Paul's name" -- to MM's sister... who said that her first priority was finding Paul and Maggie's killer.
- "Paul was an intuitive little dude, like a little detective" in his first car interview on the night of the murder. I immediately wondered, "what did "intuitive little detective dude find out?"
- "Maggie didn't work" were the first words out of his mouth when asked to describe his relationship... a possible point of tension?
- "I wasn't washing off guns, or cleaning guns like you implied or said that I was" -- AM on the stand.. all I could think was "huh? WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT WASHING OFF GUNS? Guess you washed off the guns"
- The composite sketch of his "assailant" that just happens to look an awful lot like a cross between Mark Tinsley and Anthony Cook
- "I (or "they") did him so bad" about Paul -- he says it was "they" but I sure hear "I".
- "When I went back there" about the kennels when he was still denying that he actually went to the kennels

ETA: I forgot the one that chilled me the most. When he testified, he said, of going to the dog kennels... "I got up to do what I didn't want to do" which is how I've always imagined he felt about shooting the two... that he didn't really want to, but that he had to.

Last edited:
Your brother and I think alike! I posted just a bit ago that I'd not be surprised if the guns were buried with RM3 because (1) AM would have the gall to do such a thing, and (2) AM would know that there would be substantial opposition to retrieving them from the grave of, not just a Murdaugh, but one who had been honored with The Order of the Palmetto.

There's so much water in that area, too. They might have also broken down the gun(s) put the parts in a bucket filled with concrete then sunk it out in the deeper waters or in some remote, hidden cove.

A juror who convicted Alex Murdaugh on Thursday told ABC News in an exclusive interview that the piece of evidence which convinced him the disgraced lawyer was guilty, was the cellphone video placing him at the scene minutes before the murders of his wife and son.

“I was certain it was [Murdaugh’s] voice,” Craig Moyer, a carpenter, said as he recalled the background voice he heard during his first watch of the video captured by Murdaugh's son. The video was taken at the family's dog kennels by Paul Murdaugh, 22, who later that night was brutally murdered along with his mother Margaret, 52.

MORE: Alex Murdaugh found guilty in murder of wife, son

“Everybody else could hear [Murdaugh’s voice] too,” Moyer said, referring to the other jurors.
This is a portion of that same article posted.

The jury then watched a responding officer’s body camera video taken at the crime scene. The heart of their brief debate surrounded shotgun shells, which he said the not guilty voters put forward as evidence of Murdaugh's innocence. During trial, the defense suggested there were two triggermen but the prosecution maintained the only man who was in the position to commit the crime was Murdaugh.

It only took Moyer and the majority 45 minutes to turn the holdouts, he said.

“The evidence was clear,” he added.

So what about the shotgun shells made 2 people think it wasn't Murdaugh so they discussed it? I don't recall us discussing that here, but maybe we did.. lol So all that we have talked about reasons for them not finding him guilty and it ends up being something about the shotgun shells? Anyone know what was off/odd about those that would make 2 jurors consider voting not guilty?

So what about the shotgun shells made 2 people think it wasn't Murdaugh so they discussed it? I don't recall us discussing that here, but maybe we did.. lol So all that we have talked about reasons for them not finding him guilty and it ends up being something about the shotgun shells? Anyone know what was off/odd about those that would make 2 jurors consider voting not guilty?
Two different kinds of shotgun shells were found, I believe. Which would lead them to believe the two shooter theory.

Now that the trial is over I am still left wondering whatever happened to those guns and if we will ever find out. I also think at some point another shoe will drop concerning this family.
I think those guns are in the water somewhere. They don't call it the Low Country for nothing. There are 1000's of miles of water all around here. It would be impossible to search all the rivers, tributaries, swamps, ponds, coves and coastline that surrounds the Low Country. It's my favorite part of this area!! When you drive to the coastline you pass miles upon miles of rivers and marshland for as far as the eyes can see. It's a magnificent unobstructed view that has absolutely stunning sunrises and sunsets. You've never seen anything so beautiful! Those marshlands flood and recede every twelve hours. You could throw a gun in those marshlands and the change of tides could take them anywhere or bury them dozens of feet into the puff-mud.

Every so often the water will give up some it's treasures. After hurricanes every once and awhile some relic from the Civil War will be found. Live ordnance that has been buried all these years is suddenly exposed and they are just a lethal as they were back in the war! You can even go back to prehistoric times and find gigantic Megalodon teeth the size of your hand after some storm or beach dredge. The water holds a lot of secrets and maybe some day these firearms will be found.

Maybe someday those guns will be found.

Could he, would he have put the guns in RM’s coffin?
I doubt seriously inside the coffin but it is possible they could be in the grave along with the coffin. I don't know how you could accomplish that without the help of a gravedigger. Bringing another person in on something like that seems pretty risky. I still think the guns and clothing are in the septic tank at Moselle.

between Paul's reputation in the community until his death and now his father....there is no longer any dynasty to carry on except one of deception and a family that always considered themselves above the law ...until today.
It's all ashes now and to rebuild a dynasty on the foundation of this would be foolish or to even lean on the past before AM burned all to the ground and tore lives apart. BM must rebuild the man he should be and not a paper image of his dad. BM must strip the image of who he was, burn it mentally and if need be separate himself from all ties to prove to himself and the world that he not his dad, become a self made man. The days of standing on the lives and bones of others is done and if BM cannot rise above that he is doomed to fall pray to the same thing his dad has, break the mold and put the demons to rest for the world needs less of them.

Does anyone have a nagging thought???? What if he wasn't the murderer???

I recall it being mentioned in early news stories that Alex often hosted members of LE at the hunting lodge for hunting parties, etc. The Murdaughs didn't live there full time and sometimes allowed local LE and SLED to use the lodge and hunting grounds.

I remember finding this.

According to John Marvin Murdaugh, the reason he invited a large group of law enforcement officers to his family's sprawling hunting compound on the outskirts of Varnville last Saturday was simple; to give back to officers who give their all to protect and serve the communities in which they are employed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph