GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two different kinds of shotgun shells were found, I believe. Which would lead them to believe the two shooter theory.
Well that's odd because both sides emphasized it was common to load shotguns with 2 different types of shells right? I guess I didn't realize that made jurors think 2 different shotguns were used? Huh.. so that seemed odd, but the blackout and the shotgun were not odd? Interesting. I didn't even consider 2 different shotguns were used and I didn't hear the defense suggest that either.

I think those guns are in the water somewhere. They don't call it the Low Country for nothing. There are 1000's of miles of water all around here. It would be impossible to search all the rivers, tributaries, swamps, ponds, coves and coastline that surrounds the Low Country. It's my favorite part of this area!! When you drive to the coastline you pass miles upon miles of rivers and marshland for as far as the eyes can see. It's a magnificent unobstructed view that has absolutely stunning sunrises and sunsets. You've never seen anything so beautiful! Those marshlands flood and recede every twelve hours. You could throw a gun in those marshlands and the change of tides could take them anywhere or bury them dozens of feet into the puff-mud.

Every so often the water will give up some it's treasures. After hurricanes every once and awhile some relic from the Civil War will be found. Live ordnance that has been buried all these years is suddenly exposed and they are just a lethal as they were back in the war! You can even go back to prehistoric times and find gigantic Megalodon teeth the size of your hand after some storm or beach dredge. The water holds a lot of secrets and maybe some day these firearms will be found.

Maybe someday those guns will be found.
Gut feeling as well and the waters that are boggy in locations and boggy waters can swallow things not just under the water but sucked into to the silt, soupy sand and just keeps slowly settling down till lost forever.

Last edited:
Things that made my eyebrows go up:

Immediately telling the first LE about Paul's boat case and he's getting threats
He lied about how long he was gone to that first LE that arrived
He asks Blanca to clean the house and he asks the groundskeeper to clean the lawn and driveway early on the 8th
Blanca was uncomfortable about the shirt conversation
Ms. Shelly was freaked out enough about their conversation that she called her brother to share what Alex said
He lied about being at the kennel
His reason for lying is drugs, but he can't even tell us how many pills he took, what a normal day of taking pills looked like, when, how many at a time, etc.
He took the stand answering questions like a lawyer, NOT like a grieving father wrongly accused of murdering his son and wife.
He was caught in several lies on the stand
All his calls/texts from June 7th were deleted, except 2 facetime calls
He wasn't worried about Buster
He wasn't afraid for himself, Buster, or anyone else in the aftermath, yet several people testified they were all afraid and he wasn't worried about whoever killed them coming after him or his family/friends
He still isn't looking for the "real" killer and neither is anyone else in his family
Excellent and so true. And not trying to one up or anything of the like….. but the defendant’s marveled ability to remember absolute minutia about so many things - except - the last words or conversation with either his slain wife or slain son.

And that apparent dual traveling cell phones for a brief period I believe, and also traveling by the spot where the tossed phone was later found?

And his slain son’s cell phone last video recording, on a nearly spent battery.
MOO.

This is a portion of that same article posted.

The jury then watched a responding officer’s body camera video taken at the crime scene. The heart of their brief debate surrounded shotgun shells, which he said the not guilty voters put forward as evidence of Murdaugh's innocence. During trial, the defense suggested there were two triggermen but the prosecution maintained the only man who was in the position to commit the crime was Murdaugh.

It only took Moyer and the majority 45 minutes to turn the holdouts, he said.

“The evidence was clear,” he added.

So what about the shotgun shells made 2 people think it wasn't Murdaugh so they discussed it? I don't recall us discussing that here, but maybe we did.. lol So all that we have talked about reasons for them not finding him guilty and it ends up being something about the shotgun shells? Anyone know what was off/odd about those that would make 2 jurors consider voting not guilty?
My question too, I viewed the shells as strong for the prosecution moo

So what about the shotgun shells made 2 people think it wasn't Murdaugh so they discussed it? I don't recall us discussing that here, but maybe we did.. lol So all that we have talked about reasons for them not finding him guilty and it ends up being something about the shotgun shells? Anyone know what was off/odd about those that would make 2 jurors consider voting not guilty?
^^rsbm

I believe there were casings found near MM's body that did not match her wounds by the .300 blackout but most of this was soon resolved after interviewing PM's friends and learning where and when they were last target shooting near the kennels.

In the end, all the ammo at the scene could be from family weapons on one date or another.

I mean seriously, where else could you have two victims shot to death 1000 yards from 50+ weapons stored on a shelf for the taking? AM thought he committed the perfect crime. JMO

Does anyone have a nagging thought???? What if he wasn't the murderer???
I did before the kennel video came out. I also had a nagging doubt that it was premeditated, I thought for a long time that maybe it was an argument that got out of hand, or that maybe he intended to kill Maggie and was *surprised* to find out that Paul was in the feed room. But once I saw and heard the kennel video, and saw what times the cell phone activity ceased, and saw the evidence that he had called both Paul and Maggie home, I was 100% convinced. I've never been more sure, deep down, that the right person is going to prison. I'd have been extremely comfortable voting 'guilty' as a juror.

I remember finding this.

According to John Marvin Murdaugh, the reason he invited a large group of law enforcement officers to his family's sprawling hunting compound on the outskirts of Varnville last Saturday was simple; to give back to officers who give their all to protect and serve the communities in which they are employed.

Thanks, that's it. I think he did that more than once. His dad probably did something similar. I recall they had a big barn and outbuildings at the parents' property where it looked like they held big outdoor BBQ's, etc. plus hunting. Not sure if his dad had a big hunting property, but they probably had use of some in the area.

It was to their benefit to be friendly with various LE departments, when it came to handling lawsuits, accident investigations, etc.

Well that's odd because both sides emphasized it was common to load shotguns with 2 different types of shells right? I guess I didn't realize that made jurors think 2 different shotguns were used? Huh.. so that seemed odd, but the blackout and the shotgun were not odd? Interesting. I didn't even consider 2 different shotguns were used and I didn't hear the defense suggest that either
It was shells that were found around the victims. I don't think it's common to load them with two types of shells, at least my dad never did that, but the shells were found around the victims bodies.
I think it was all cleared up when they interviewed friends and found that they had been target hunting or something, but apparently it still stuck in some of the minds of the jury. MOO

Gloria Satterfield’s family attorney, Eric Bland, is talking on Court TV saying that he doesn’t think all of the money Alex stole was spent on opioids. He said Alex would have had to take 433 pills a day to account for the $50,000 spent per week. He said FBI will investigate but could take years.
I agree. i also think that the amount of opiods he said he took daily is nit compatible with life. So, another "lie". Furthermore, how was he so "lucky" as to never have taken ONE PILL that was laced with something that would have landed him in the hospital or killed him. As a nurse, it makes no sense to me.

^^rsbm

I believe there were casings found near MM's body that did not match her wounds by the .300 blackout but most of this was soon resolved after interviewing PM's friends and learning where and when they were last target shooting near the kennels.

In the end, all the ammo at the scene could be from family weapons on one date or another.

I mean seriously, where else could you have two victims shot to death 1000 yards from 50+ weapons stored on a shelf for the taking? AM thought he committed the perfect crime. JMO
Isn't that odd that THAT was what they had to discuss to determine everyone thought guilty? OF all the things people brought up here about how they didn't prove it because xyz.. NEVER was it shotgun shells, yet this is what the 2 jurors mentioned for reasons he could be innocent. Wild how trials work isn't it. I guess this is why the state harps on things or feels repetitive because you never know what a juror is going to come up with as a reason for not finding someone guilty. I guess the things that were hammered in stuck, but I don't recall too much even being said about those shells.

Thanks, that's it. I think he did that more than once. His dad probably did something similar. I recall they had a big barn and outbuildings at the parents' property where it looked like they held big outdoor BBQ's, etc. plus hunting. Not sure if his dad had a big hunting property, but they probably had use of some in the area.

It was to their benefit to be friendly with various LE departments, when it came to handling lawsuits, accident investigations, etc.
Exactly, everything done for their own self interest. And I'm sure also a tax write off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52