Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tl;dr, Why has NB's body been with the Coroner so long? This doesn't appear to be the norm according to guidelines and I'm starting to wonder if there is a reason.

-

This is day 11 that Nicola has been with the Coroner. I understand the Coroner stated publicly last week that they "would issue a certificate of release", but I'm not sure that has happened yet. If a funeral had taken place already surely people would have mentioned it. Of course press would be kept far away, and maybe there'd be zero coverage, but friends or friends-of-friends would - IMO - have mentioned it somewhere; I feel like the public would know if a funeral had happened. There's not a peep.

This leads me to wonder if the body has not actually been released yet, and then why a body would be with a Coroner for 11-days so far when the physical aspect of the post-mortem would have been done very quickly, especially with the Coroner hinting that they would release as far back as last Wednesday (Feb 22). The Coroner mentioned publicly that post-mortem findings would require "further evaluation." Having read the guidelines from England's Chief Coroner, I understand the impetus is on releasing a body as soon as possible, but there is a 28-day limit, which is time that can be used if a second PM is ever required (e.g. requested by a defendant in criminal proceedings). I've attached the Chief Coroner's guidelines here.

Last edited:
Tl;dr, Why has NB's body been with the Coroner so long? This doesn't appear to be the norm according to guidelines and I'm starting to wonder if there is a reason.

-

This is day 11 that Nicola has been with the Coroner. I understand the Coroner stated publicly last week that they "would issue a certificate of release", but I'm not sure that has happened yet. If a funeral had taken place already surely people would have mentioned it. Of course press would be kept far away, and maybe there'd be zero coverage, but friends or friends-of-friends would - IMO - have mentioned it somewhere; I feel like the public would know if a funeral had happened. There's not a peep.

This leads me to wonder if the body has not actually been released yet, and then why a body would be with a Coroner for 11-days so far when the physical aspect of the post-mortem would have been done very quickly, especially with the Coroner hinting that they would release as far back as last Wednesday (Feb 22). The Coroner mentioned publicly that post-mortem findings would require "further evaluation." Having read the guidelines from England's Chief Coroner, I understand the impetus is on releasing a body as soon as possible, but there is a 28-day limit, which is time that can be used if a second PM is ever required (e.g. requested by a defendant in criminal proceedings). I've attached the Chief Coroner's guidelines here.

The body was released on the 23rd of February. It is not with the coroner.

I too see such workouts taking place along my local river, but never in knee length padded coat, and wellingtons.
Indeed, plus it was barely above zero on the day she disappeared.

That's what I thought at the time. But if it was released then, no funeral appears to have taken place.

Had a family funeral on Wednesday 1st March.
The person died on 31st January, no suspicious circumstances, no post mortem, simply a 'routine' death and not unexpected.
Just a long delay because funeral directors and crematoria are pretty booked up at this time of year.

If the rear seats are down, where would the children be seated ?
Im probably over analysing things, but I do question everything. Im sorry if its not important to many. I do find it difficult to put into words what Im trying to say.
the GLC has a large boot, so does the GLA. I do not think the back seats are down.

That's what I thought at the time. But if it was released then, no funeral appears to have taken place.

Funerals take a long time to plan, particularly when funeral parlours and crematoriums/graveyards are busy and need to line up together, alongside a church (or whatever religion/spirituality) service if that is wanted.

My grandfather died expectedly in October (dementia and pneumonia, no PM), and we had the funeral about 3-4 weeks later -- it took that long to plan, to avoid some dates, to make sure the most people possible could come, etc. etc.

If I was in that family I'd also wait for the heat to die down. We've all seen the chaos caused by the funeral of someone dying who was in the news -- James Bulgar's funeral (I picked that name out of the blue, there's many more modern examples but I'm listening to the book written by his mum at the moment and she discusses trying to plan and execute the funeral), for example, and that was before social media.

Funerals take a long time to plan, particularly when funeral parlours and crematoriums/graveyards are busy and need to line up together, alongside a church (or whatever religion/spirituality) service if that is wanted.

My grandfather died expectedly in October (dementia and pneumonia, no PM), and we had the funeral about 3-4 weeks later -- it took that long to plan, to avoid some dates, to make sure the most people possible could come, etc. etc.

If I was in that family I'd also wait for the heat to die down. We've all seen the chaos caused by the funeral of someone dying who was in the news -- James Bulgar's funeral (I picked that name out of the blue, there's many more modern examples but I'm listening to the book written by his mum at the moment and she discusses trying to plan and execute the funeral), for example, and that was before social media.
I’m a professional musician and work frequently in the funeral sector. Delay time for funerals varies in different U.K. areas but a three week lead time between death and funeral service can often be 3-4 weeks. it’s sometimes even longer than that, if, for example, relatives/friends are travelling from abroad, etc.

I’m a professional musician and work frequently in the funeral sector. Delay time for funerals varies in different U.K. areas but a three week lead time between death and funeral service can often be 3-4 weeks. it’s sometimes even longer than that, if, for example, relatives/friends are travelling from abroad, etc.

Yes, it's not unusual at all. I read out the local obits for VIPs, and even with expected deaths that big of a gap is not weird at all. I imagine with a death like Nicola's, the gap may even be longer -- she was young, probably with friends young enough to still travel to pay their respects, and needed time to shake the media attention so the family and friends can have privacy, especially away from social media vultures.

Yes, it's not unusual at all. I read out the local obits for VIPs, and even with expected deaths that big of a gap is not weird at all. I imagine with a death like Nicola's, the gap may even be longer -- she was young, probably with friends young enough to still travel to pay their respects, and needed time to shake the media attention so the family and friends can have privacy, especially away from social media vultures.

Not only time to shake the media attention but also time for the police to organise a heavy presence to keep the public away.

Thats why i enquired about the model of the car...Its ok, Im happy to let it go.
The only significance being that if the back seats were down to create a bigger boot space, where would the children be seated if it was just a 5 seater.
Maybe she opened the back hatch to put up the back seats ?

I am really really curious about why people think either the camera Nicola is fake, how could she be fake in front of her kids, or if people think stills of her are... from another time?

And what that would mean, why they would release those images, what does that have to do with what happened.

We can't sleuth or comment on anyone who hasn't been declared a person of interest so there's not much I can say except I don't agree with your final paragraph and the impression I got was a very different one but we are all entitled to our own opinions and ideas. The only thing we all have to do is comply with T&Cs so I say no more.
I understand and get what you're saying.
I guess what you 'hear' is often influenced by where you're coming from and confirmation bias is a big thing so we'll agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti