Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand and get what you're saying.
I guess what you 'hear' is often influenced by where you're coming from and confirmation bias is a big thing so we'll agree to disagree.

This case is one of those that despite being 'solved' aka NB was located, has left me with a thousand more questions than answers and I know I'm not alone in that but it's really been a strange one and I guess it's done and dusted now if NB's body was released for funeral and there are no outstanding issues?

Thats why i enquired about the model of the car...Its ok, Im happy to let it go.
The only significance being that if the back seats were down to create a bigger boot space, where would the children be seated if it was just a 5 seater.
The children got to school with their mum. It's not a conspiracy theory. They used the car to get to school. The car was found parked at the school. The girls saw their mum. They know she took them to school and no one else. Other mums saw Nicola at the school and spoke to her. They know it was Nicola and no one else. Some cars have bigger boot spaces than others.

This case is one of those that despite being 'solved' aka NB was located, has left me with a thousand more questions than answers and I know I'm not alone in that but it's really been a strange one and I guess it's done and dusted now if NB's body was released for funeral and there are no outstanding issues?

We still don't know all the facts and we maybe never will but I'm fairly certain the police had reasons to be so confident that NB didn't leave the field and had entered the water and that there was no third party involvement.
We may discover what those reasons are when the inquest takes place.
People on here are delusional if they feel they can 'solve' a potential crime when all the information available is either what the police have chosen to disclose in order to further the investigation or has come second or third hand from third parties with an interest, whether it be overexcitable journalists trying to fill column inches or friends and family of the alleged 'victim' who are well meaning but not always objective.
I don't have an unshakeable faith in the police - far from it - but from everything I've heard and read, I don't think they have been far off the mark on this occasion.

Last edited:
We still don't know all the facts and we maybe never will but I'm fairly certain the police had reasons to be so confident that NB didn't leave the field and had entered the water and that there was no third party involvement.
We may discover what those reasons are when the inquest takes place.
People on here are delusional if they feel they can 'solve' a potential crime when all the information available is either what the police have chosen to disclose or has come second or third hand from third parties with an interest, whether it be overexcitable journalists trying to fill column inches or friends and family of the alleged 'victim' who are well meaning but not always objective.
I don't have an unshakeable faith in the police - far from it - but from everything I've heard and read, I don't think they have been far off the mark on this occasion.
Many things we debated over and over again were sometimes from friends who made inaccurate comments.

Many things we debated over and over again were sometimes from friends who made inaccurate comments.

Exacly.
Then we had poor Ron being ambushed by Sky TV and having every word picked over to see where it contradicted his own witness statement - which, BTW, noone here had read, just knew what had been reported etc etc
And so it goes on.
I never assume what I read in the papers or hear on tv news is accurate and trying to make a 'case' out of conflicting and inaccurate reports is pretty much pointless.

Exacly.
Then we had poor Ron being ambushed by Sky TV and having every word picked over to see where it contradicted his own witness statement - which, BTW, noone here had read, just knew what had been reported etc etc
And so it goes on.
I never assume what I read in the papers or hear on tv news is accurate and trying to make a 'case' out of conflicting and inaccurate reports is pretty much pointless.
Poor Ron, all he did was go for a quick walk and then he made national news and got sleuthed endlessly. That'll teach him for being polite to Sky reporters.

Poor Ron, all he did was go for a quick walk and then he made national news and got sleuthed endlessly. That'll teach him for being polite to Sky reporters.

This is why I decided to change my own posting habits following the requests from law enforcement and go back to following trials where witnesses give public testimony supported by exhibits etc.

I am fully in favour of engaged citizens, especially when it comes to the role of law enforcement and awareness around criminal behaviour (especially DV), but i do also feel a lot of speculation in this case has no value, or is caused by irresponsible reporting.

Especially a lot of the non-mystery here was caused by irresponsible statements by pundits that elevated a local tragedy into a national 24/7 drama.

If I remember correctly from the Ch5 interview, PA said he received a call from the school whilst he was driving to look for NB, then he rang the police, who said to return home so they could speak to him there.
If I find this quite odd... surely the police would want to go immediately to the area where Willow and phone were to investigate and help search for NB? Why would they want to see PA back at home? I was under the impression PA turned around in the car to return home as directed by LE?
I believe PA said he was at the bench when LE called him and instructed him to go home.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest the welfare check on January 10th was in relation to the mental health of NB...For all we know it could have been NB that called the Police due to concerns of someone else in the property...

Re the home visit:​

It's being investigated right now. I have every confidence that the incident, which is none of our business, will be picked over with a fine-toothed comb.​

Nicola Bulley: Police watchdog to probe police visit​

Re the home visit:​

It's being investigated right now. I have every confidence that the incident, which is none of our business, will be picked over with a fine-toothed comb.​

Nicola Bulley: Police watchdog to probe police visit​

If its none of our business, why did we even get to hear about it.....?

If its none of our business, why did we even get to hear about it.....?

The same reason we ended up hearing about the drinking 'issue' and the menopause 'issue'. Vultures and rags were going to find out and expose those issues, and the police (alongside the family) had to get ahead of it so they had some control over what was said.

Re the 'welfare check', the media seems to have framed it in one two ways - either as a 'welfare check at the home' or 'welfare check on Nicola Bulley'. Both of which could mean any number of things so it's probably pretty pointless speculating imo. Especially as the whole business including the welfare check is being reviewed/investigated. This case, imo, is going to come under exceptional scrutiny. So personally I will be pretty confident in the findings.

Last edited:
The only thing we do know for sure is the welfare check was for NB.

There's been a lot of other incidental info that cannot be verified but seems fairly authentic but doesn't bear scrutiny until it's verified / announced.

Here's some facts that can be gleaned from the one fact.

- The welfare check was not to check on PA;
- The welfare check was not to check on the safety of the children;
- The person in the house 'at risk' was NB herself;
- If NB was in an emergency medical crisis she would have been treated in the home by a paramedic -or- removed to an appropriate hospital service for specific treatment;
- There is no report of NB needing emergency medical intervention;
- NB was not removed from the premises for any reason whatsoever;
- The children were not removed from the premises for any reason;
- PA was not removed from the premises for any reason;
- No criminal charges were laid on anyone in the household.

The scrutiny of the call out will surely address if any action that did or didn't happen was appropriate and if any failing to act contributed towards NB sadly no longer being alive.

Your final sentence ....an incident ....yes , and I don't think it was speculation .Back thread mentions someone called the police .
This must have been an unverified claim on social media then because so far as I am aware there have been no official statements to that effect. I think we have to be careful because imo we are in that territory where unofficial claims and speculation gradually morph into 'fact'.

This must have been an unverified claim on social media then because so far as I am aware there have been no official statements to that effect. I think we have to be careful because imo we are in that territory where unofficial claims and speculation gradually morph into 'fact'.
Indeed . In that small village though and even in my area which is a cul de sac police cars stand out like a sore thumb and then the proverbial curtain twitching begins .

Indeed . In that small village though and even in my area which is a cul de sac police cars stand out like a sore thumb and then the proverbial curtain twitching begins .

Just to clarify, a call was made, and the police were who were called out (with a <modsnip - article doesn't say that> health worker in the car) -- Police watchdog probes welfare check on Nicola Bulley days before she went missing

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really really curious about why people think either the camera Nicola is fake, how could she be fake in front of her kids, or if people think stills of her are... from another time?

And what that would mean, why they would release those images, what does that have to do with what happened.
I've seen these types of posts in almost every thread I've followed. In one thread, it was claimed the person in the video was a body double for the victim.
Some come right out and say the police/witnesses/ME must be involved in a cover-up, someone powerful is pulling strings, etc. Others say "somethings not right" after the case is "concluded" and they disagree with the outcome.
What intrigues me the most is that they don't stop and think of what a production it would involve to get a bunch of people go along with it, to set something like that up. For what purpose? To unalive a complete stranger or to cover-up for a complete stranger? We're not supposed to discuss conspiracy theories but having an opinion is allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny