GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your source on the 9/3 vote? How did we establish this?

As all I've read in MSM is 11/1 and I believe that's from the juror who spoke on GMA. Then there's the other juror who said it took them 45 minutes to get from 11/1 to unanimous. Getting from 9/3 to unanimous in 45 minutes must be a world record.

Anyway, would be much obliged if you share your source on that one (I probably missed it).

Totally agree with you about it not being a reversible error if in fact 3 people contacted Judge Newman to say she was discussing the case out of turn (which it appears is what happened). He had no choice.

IMO.
The juror interview on watched on GMA said 9 guilty, 2 not guilty, 1 not sure, 45mins - 1 hour to discuss and have 12 guilty

As all I've read in MSM is 11/1 and I believe that's from the juror who spoke on GMA. Then there's the other juror who said it took them 45 minutes to get from 11/1 to unanimous. Getting from 9/3 to unanimous in 45 minutes must be a world record.

Anyway, would be much obliged if you share your source on that one (I probably missed it).

Totally agree with you about it not being a reversible error if in fact 3 people contacted Judge Newman to say she was discussing the case out of turn (which it appears is what happened). He had no choice.

IMO.
I'm not the OP, but I saw that same information here:

IMO, detrimental or not, I don't see Judge Newman expressing himself in any other manner. Newman's a smart dude, the result to remove her would be the same whether he handed her a scarlet letter or let her leave with her eggs and an ounce of dignity.

We know she expressed an opinion on evidence and it was of sufficient value for DH to fight her being removed from the panel for a clear violation of the oath she took! JMO
I agree with removing her. Doesn't matter what she said. The fact that she said anything was a violation of the oath she took. DH balking at her removal by taking the position that what she said wasn't that bad just shows how little regard he has for rules and the judicial system as a whole. He's the perfect lawyer for AM. Two of a kind.

I was so relieved that common sense prevailed and the jury was a cohesive group who listened to the evidence. I've seen juries do crazy things but this one held together and followed their oaths. The judge did an exemplary job; haven't read about any viable grounds for appeal. AM will do fine in prison; prisoners love nothing better than filing motions on their convictions and he will be sought after. I'm glad for that small town that the Murtaughs have no further sway.

I agree with removing her. Doesn't matter what she said. The fact that she said anything was a violation of the oath she took. DH balking at her removal by taking the position that what she said wasn't that bad just shows how little regard he has for rules and the judicial system as a whole. He's the perfect lawyer for AM. Two of a kind.
Agreed since your informed each day by the judge...Don't flap your gums about the case!

Maybe it's a rural living thing or I don't know, exactly, but... I believe plain-speak and common sense go a long way for "real people" jurors. There were several memorable moments during the trial but, I won't quickly forget, "That's how angles work, yes sir." ;)

Agree!

A "truckload of common sense," and a witness's response to whether or not he ever made mistakes were gold: "My pencil has an eraser."

I loved reading this young mans comments and experience!! He wore his dad's borrowed constitution tie every day to court and he's only 22! Much more impressive to me than a pair of gucci loafers, jmo.

James is a smart young man and mature for his years..moo.

Favorite part of the article:

James called Paul’s kennel video a crucial piece of evidence. That video showed Paul taking a video of the tail of his friend’s dog, Cash, at the kennels. In the background, a hose can be heard spraying as Maggie says another dog, Bubba, has a bird in his mouth. Alex Murdaugh can be heard saying “Bubba” a few times to get the chicken away from him.

“I think it’s incredible timing on Paul’s part. I don’t think anyone would have ever known he was down there if it wasn’t for that video,” James said.

He added that he believed there were several pieces of evidence against Alex Murdaugh, but the kennel video solidified his belief that Alex killed Maggie and Paul. Another important piece of evidence for James was Alex’s words from the witness stand.

“I think that he’s good at being able to talk to people, and I think part of the way that he’s able to be so good at talking to people is that he’s convincing,” James said. “And I think whenever he’s convincing, he’s convincing himself as well. And I think he’s able to do that because he often meshes the truth with a lie.”

When we got 9-1-1 in SC if your driveway was longer than something like 1500 feet, it had to have its own name. For instance my Dad and Aunt both shared a driveway, but it had to be named and each house had to get its own number. everyone with access to the drive had to agree on the name, submit it to 9-1-1 and it had to be approved so that there were no duplicates in the County. It does make sense.
If I were the new owners of Moselle (it is under contract) I would want that Murdaugh removed.

IMO.
Per the first juror that spoke out right away. I don't recall his name but he was on a major msm station...cbs or one of them. He was clear 9 guilty, 2 ng and 1 undecided.

Agreed since your informed each day by the judge...Don't flap your gums about the case!

He is the perfect attorney for AM. I think they understand each other very well...nothing wrong with bending the rules a bit is how they think...as long as it helps them out.

This says it all to me. They prayed everyday.
I agree! I think regardless of what one believes personally, there is something connecting and calming about prayer. Having a unified jury that starts the day wanting to see the truth and hear the evidence with good open clear minds is wonderful.

Also of note was when the dismissed juror said one brought in eggs for them, it showed they were connected as a group from their time eating meals and having breaks together.

Oh and one more note, I like that they were able to write down questions they had on the breaks and that stayed in the jury room, but it also helped them remember what question they had and if they were answered during the testimony.

James is a smart young man and mature for his years..moo.

Favorite part of the article:

James called Paul’s kennel video a crucial piece of evidence. That video showed Paul taking a video of the tail of his friend’s dog, Cash, at the kennels. In the background, a hose can be heard spraying as Maggie says another dog, Bubba, has a bird in his mouth. Alex Murdaugh can be heard saying “Bubba” a few times to get the chicken away from him.

“I think it’s incredible timing on Paul’s part. I don’t think anyone would have ever known he was down there if it wasn’t for that video,” James said.

He added that he believed there were several pieces of evidence against Alex Murdaugh, but the kennel video solidified his belief that Alex killed Maggie and Paul. Another important piece of evidence for James was Alex’s words from the witness stand.

“I think that he’s good at being able to talk to people, and I think part of the way that he’s able to be so good at talking to people is that he’s convincing,” James said. “And I think whenever he’s convincing, he’s convincing himself as well. And I think he’s able to do that because he often meshes the truth with a lie.”

[bbm]

but this article says cell phone data and car data put him there - did this juror forget about that?

Juror Craig Moyer: 9 guilty, 2 innocent, 1 unsure

Juror James: 9 guilty, 3 "non guilty"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members