GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that explains why RM did not get called by the defense & JMM did.
It sounds like he is coming around. JMO
yes if I were a juror I might have noted that. I would think it would be a challenge working in that law firm which seems to be a "big family" side by side with so many that testified and believe his brother to have done the murders along with stealing from them. Also he knew about the pills well before it all came out and not sure how much intervention he did and he did not alert others in the firm.

They never even did an autopsy on GS, did they? I wonder what her medical records show...as far as the extent of her bodily injuries.
attorney Bland has seen all these records and does not think it was murder. I am going to defer to his conclusion. Not sure if they will really exhume her body. I don't think that has happened yet

I thought that as well. Still strange the judge allowed to serve when his brother was in the police dept. Just seems really odd, when they had so many others to choose from. Now he's on national TV, not a good look, moo.

I live in a small town, folks talk, especially LE. Several LE neighbors, they talk, the wives talk.

I certainly am not accusing anyone of wrong doing. Concerned a mistrial for tainted jury.
Moo...
I lived in a small town in Wisconsin for 7 years - population 3,000. I worked at the local florist for 6 months and discovered the shop to be ground zero for community news. The florist also worked as the cosmetician for both of the local funeral homes and her husband owned the local hardware store and served on the school board. The mailperson (florist's BFF) walked her route through the businesses and "in town" residences. From over hearing conversation in the flower shop, I quickly learned how to tell when couples were fighting by the flower orders, (one husband's mom would order the flowers for her son's wife when his wife was mad at him), the better flower petals from wilted flowers were saved and sold for a good price to one of 4 people for their swinging couple get togethers. When the florist had worked at the funeral home, I would sometimes overhear conversation about disagreements family members were having, if an ex-spouse was causing issues, if the deceased had life/funeral insurance etc. The hardware store owner husband would stop by for lunch and I would overhear conversations on who is remodeling, who is having plumbing or electrical problems, who had not paid their bill, and whose kid was in trouble at school. By far the most information came from the mailperson - she knew everyone in town's business and gave daily commentary when she delivered the mail.

And the call SS's mother got right after the coroner hung up was from AM's big brother RM offering free service in taking Stephen's case. How'd he know it was going to be declared a "hit and run" and not a murder...at that point? Very odd
Randy can distance himself now all he wants...self preservation for himself and his family. He was an active member of this family up to the murders and knows a lot.

I find that connection a cause to not have seated him on that jury....that is too close to LE in this case. I do think the jury selection was rushed and leaves questions.
I agree, to even have him entered as a potential. The judge could have easily qualified, alleviating both side for the decision process.
If the defense had excluded, I'm sure some would talk.
Moo...

I thought that as well. Still strange the judge allowed to serve when his brother was in the police dept. Just seems really odd, when they had so many others to choose from. Now he's on national TV, not a good look, moo.

I live in a small town, folks talk, especially LE. Several LE neighbors, they talk, the wives talk.

I certainly am not accusing anyone of wrong doing. Concerned a mistrial for tainted jury.
Moo...
i guess from what is said here both sides agreed. Would like to hear that exchange during selection. Agree not a good look to be so verbal now. I think he was the first one next morning on a show.

Yes, they were limited. I'm weird and make spreadsheets for all of the trials I follow and these are my notes.

The defense got 10 strikes for the main panel and the prosecution got 5. For alternates, the defense got 12 strikes and the prosecution got 6. The main panel had been seated by the time they got to Juror 530 (James) and the defense still had 9 alternate strikes left when they agreed to him.
wow great into..do you have a link to that jury selection...I assume James was towards the end?

The dogs wouldn't have known they were endangering her. I've had many dogs and they jump up on you in excitement and aren't thinking about how it could put you off balance. Most just aren't that smart. I've had both legs completely taken out from under me when my dog saw a something out the window and I was unfortunately in her path.
Agree, I feed and walk my sister dog. He loves me, but will still knock me down, pull me down with the leach.

They get so excited, they don't know they are hurting you.
Moo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member