GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't provide links, but my general impression, from reading here and there over the past couple of years is this, purely an opinion. Please edit if you have a link or date :

Feb 26, 2018 - Alex needed money ??
What date did he start the insurance policy for injured guests at Moselle?
I wonder whether police are checking where Alex's phone and truck were on the morning that Gloria tripped.
  • Two months (??) prior to Gloria's accident Alex obtained extra insurance for coverage in case someone had an accident on Moselle such that he was liable ??
  • Alex was at the house on the morning that Gloria arrived for work, or to pick up a cheque for someone else
  • Maggie and Paul were asleep, or in the house, at the time of the accident
  • Alex was not at Moselle at the time of the accident
  • Alex was close enough to Moselle that he arrived prior to EMS
  • Alex alone claims that Gloria was conscious long enough to blame the dogs, and then she was unconscious again
Did Alex have the same insurance policy at Moselle in 2015 when Stephen Smith was found in the middle of the road near Moselle? Maybe Stephen died at Moselle but it didn't look like an accident, so it was staged to look like he ran out of gas. Leaving him in the middle of the road still wearing his shoes eliminates run over by a car.

I wonder whether the broken ribs and blow to Gloria's head was a baseball bat blunt object injury, rather than a trip up over a dog and ending up at the bottom of the stairs. That suggests that the dog ran into her while she was walking up the steps. She knew the dogs all their lives. Why would they knock over the person who gave them food and water?
I never heard she had broken ribs. I seen a picture of her feet upwards on what appeared to be the second step heading up to the door. I can’t see how she would have broken ribs if she fell backwards. Sorry I can’t remember where I seen the picture, so I can’t link it.

I wonder whether the broken ribs and blow to Gloria's head was a baseball bat blunt object injury, rather than a trip up over a dog and ending up at the bottom of the stairs. That suggests that the dog ran into her while she was walking up the steps. She knew the dogs all their lives. Why would they knock over the person who gave them food and water?
I'm under the impression that ER and trauma docs are pretty good at identifying the different kinds of blunt force trauma, so that they would never be fooled by someone claiming that an injury was caused by tripping-and-falling when it was really due to a baseball bat. Unfortunately, people lying about how they or someone else was injured is not an uncommon occurrence at hospitals.

I never heard she had broken ribs. I seen a picture of her feet upwards on what appeared to be the second step heading up to the door. I can’t see how she would have broken ribs if she fell backwards. Sorry I can’t remember where I seen the picture, so I can’t link it.

Local Island Packet reports:

Nov 30, 2021 — On Feb. 26, 2018, Satterfield died at the hospital after an “acute subdural hemorrhage” due to a stroke, her death certificate states.

IMO, allegations of broken ribs and vertebrae injuries are being cited either by Netflix or Reddit, and neither appropriate sources to cite as fact.

Does anyone really think that AM has revealed all his money and checking accounts and how would anyone know if he did or didn't? He's probably appointed his brother, JMM, as power of attorney, so JMM could close accounts, transfer money to other accounts, etc. There's no telling what fake business accounts AM had nor is there any way of knowing, imo.
I wouldn't put it past AM to have stashed cash somewhere too.

Local Island Packet reports:

Nov 30, 2021 — On Feb. 26, 2018, Satterfield died at the hospital after an “acute subdural hemorrhage” due to a stroke, her death certificate states.

IMO, allegations of broken ribs and vertebrae injuries are being cited either by Netflix or Reddit, and neither appropriate sources to cite as fact.
They never even did an autopsy on GS, did they? I wonder what her medical records show...as far as the extent of her bodily injuries.

This Savannah local news report is worth the read, they have included a TON of information about GS case.

"Civil and criminal allegations claim that Murdaugh had plotted Satterfield's injuries in a February 2018 trip-and-fall at his house. The lawsuit states Gloria Satterfield told hospital workers before her death she didn't know how she fell. Alex apparently lied by saying his long-time nanny wasn't at his home to work the day she fell; rather she was there to pick up something for someone else. By doing so, Murdaugh avoided a worker's compensation injury claim and settlement."

Alex told them she briefly regained consciousness and told him about the dogs. Yet she told the hospital staff she didn't know how she fell. New info on Murdaugh housekeeper's death detailed in freshly filed insurance lawsuit

Randy speaks ETA, and it is a must read.

Interesting. It is not a heavily quoted article. But, these quotes are very telling.

From the article above:“He knows more than what he’s saying,” Randy said. “He’s not telling the truth, in my opinion, about everything there.”

At the time, it seemed like the police had few leads, and Randy began to call just about everyone he thought might help, asking if they had heard anything to suggest why Maggie and Paul might have been targeted. He passed on whatever he heard to the police.

“I spent considerable time, day after day for weeks on end, calling people,” he said. But Alex, he said, never did.

So... there is a thought that AM is involved in some way and it is not the simple story he was convicted on. I can believe that he created a murder for hire or he conspired with others.

And, finally, we hear that there was someone trying to find the killers and, over the course of time, that person realized that his brother was not looking for the killers.

AM will continue to create divisions among his family as long as he does not fess up to his role in the murders of MM and PM. I just hope people will stop putting money into his commissary account.

Randy speaks ETA, and it is a must read.

Thank you for the link.

Interestingly it says: "Randy said he came to see his brother as a deeply flawed man and a liar. They have not spoken in nearly a year."

I can't provide links, but my general impression, from reading here and there over the past couple of years is this, purely an opinion. Please edit if you have a link or date :

Feb 26, 2018 - Alex needed money ??
What date did he start the insurance policy for injured guests at Moselle?
I wonder whether police are checking where Alex's phone and truck were on the morning that Gloria tripped.
  • Two months (??) prior to Gloria's accident Alex obtained extra insurance for coverage in case someone had an accident on Moselle such that he was liable ??
  • Alex was at the house on the morning that Gloria arrived for work, or to pick up a cheque for someone else
  • Maggie and Paul were asleep, or in the house, at the time of the accident
  • Alex was not at Moselle at the time of the accident
  • Alex was close enough to Moselle that he arrived prior to EMS
  • Alex alone claims that Gloria was conscious long enough to blame the dogs, and then she was unconscious again
Did Alex have the same insurance policy at Moselle in 2015 when Stephen Smith was found in the middle of the road near Moselle? Maybe Stephen died at Moselle but it didn't look like an accident, so it was staged to look like he ran out of gas. Leaving him in the middle of the road still wearing his shoes eliminates run over by a car.

I'm going to go with Alex was at home when she fell - it seemed to be the consensus of those who testified to his work habits that he was not a morning person, and didn't come into work until the afternoon. I believe his paralegal said it wasn't unusual for him to come in around 3:00 or 4:00 and they'd work till 6:00 or so. If GS fell before 10:00 in the morning, my bet is AM was still at home.

I'm under the impression that ER and trauma docs are pretty good at identifying the different kinds of blunt force trauma, so that they would never be fooled by someone claiming that an injury was caused by tripping-and-falling when it was really due to a baseball bat. Unfortunately, people lying about how they or someone else was injured is not an uncommon occurrence at hospitals.
Murdaughs were on the road where Stephen Smith was found (near Moselle) before Stephen's family knew that he was dead. Stephen was first deemed homicide, but officers then deemed it hit and run ... after Stephen ran out of gas and chose to walk down the middle of the road until he was hit by a car. His slip-on shoes were not knocked off his feet during the alleged hit and run. That's unheard of.

If the cause of death changed during the investigation, something is wrong. Car accident, blunt force trauma death. The only person who should not have been at the scene was a Murdaugh. The only name that came up repeatedly during the investigation was Murdaugh.

It's a bit like the Murdaugh family at the boat accident. Other families were held back or not informed while a Murdaugh was at the scene of the body. Murdaugh had connections to law enforcement, and it appears that he had special treatment by law enforcement.

Serious injuries due to tripping over dogs she has known since puppies, and who relied on her for food and water at the house. I don't buy the "tripped over a dog" story when everyone was in bed and the dogs knew her. Why would they suddenly, out of the blue, knock her down the stairs when they should be in the kennels?

"Gloria Satterfield, arrived at Moselle where she was — depending on who you ask — either scheduled to work that day, there to pick up her paycheck or there to pick up someone else’s paycheck.

When she fell ascending the front stairs at the Murdaughs’ Moselle home (or was it their Holly Street house?) in Colleton County (or was it Hampton?), Gloria was tripped (or pushed?) by either Bubba, Bourbon, Blue or Sassy — or maybe it was none of them.

The fall caused Maggie Murdaugh to wake up sometime after 9 a.m. She awakened her son Paul, who was also sleeping, and called 911 at 9:24 a.m.

Alex Murdaugh said he was at work at the time, 20 minutes away, and that his wife had called him at 9:45 a.m. to tell him about the fall. He “rushed to the scene,” arriving “before” emergency medical technicians … who were there at 9:41 a.m.

Before Alex arrived, Paul tried to sit Gloria up, but someone told him to “turn her loose” so she fell back over. When Alex arrived, Gloria was sitting on the stairs … but also he helped Paul sit her on the stairs.

According to a 2018 report from attorney Scott Wallinger, who was hired by Lloyds of London to represent Alex Murdaugh in the case, Gloria sustained a right-sided head laceration, a right-sided subdural hematoma, a traumatic brain injury, multiple left-side posterior rib fractures, a partially collapsed lung and a plumonary contusion."​

Isn't there something in the testimony about Maggie's dog Bubba going into a kennel overnight? Cash was in the kennels for the night, as were the other dogs.

Why, on Feb 26, 2018, were the dogs knocking Gloria down the front stairs of the house when Alex is allegedly 20 minutes away at work and Maggie/Paul are still in bed? Who let the dogs lose, and why?

How did Alex get from work to Moselle faster than emergency services got to the house? That doesn't add up.

Twenty four minutes between Maggie hearing Gloria fall and calling 911. Where was Alex 24 minutes prior to the 911 call. Was he at work, as he said, 6 minutes from work, lurking around the kennels? How did he get to Gloria faster than the ambulance?

Maggie called Alex 45 minutes after she woke up due to the trip and fall, yet Alex arrived first. How does that happen unless Alex is nearby waiting for the call?

Last edited:
Got to say, I like Randy and feel for him. He’s in a sad situation but trying to see things for what they are.
I see what he says much differently. I see a man left with a shattered legacy and I see a man trying to have it both ways without actually saying, he did it, he didn't do it. His "lawyer mind" is never going to speak a definitive opinion on his brother's guilt or innocence in the murders, IMO.

He strives to rehabilitate the Murdaugh name and broadcast the differences between he and his brother. I'm not close to him, never was, we're just very different (they're only 2 years apart, very curious). AM promised he'd never lie to me again and then he did (no outrage or anger?)

Then the whole I know he's not telling the whole truth about the killings ( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) and he's a known cheat and lying thief BUT RM can't decide if he's guilty or not of the murders because he just can't comprehend AM doing something like that...really?

Why didn't reporter ask him for the record if his brother lying about being at the kennels right before PM and MM's phones go silent forever made an impression on him?
AJMO

Isn't there something in the testimony about Maggie's dog Bubba going into a kennel overnight? Cash was in the kennels for the night, as were the other dogs.

Why, on Feb 26, 2018, were the dogs knocking Gloria down the front stairs of the house when Alex is allegedly 20 minutes away at work and Maggie/Paul are still in bed? Who let the dogs lose, and why?

How did Alex get from work to Moselle faster than emergency services got to the house? That doesn't add up.

Twenty four minutes between Maggie hearing Gloria fall and calling 911. Where was Alex 24 minutes prior to the 911 call. Was he at work, as he said, 6 minutes from work, lurking around the kennels? How did he get to Gloria faster than the ambulance?

The dogs had beds on the front porch -- they were not always in the kennels when the family was home.

We know that AM was not an early riser and did not get to the office most days before noon. No reason to think 2/26/18 was any different. AM could have been nearby when PM or MM phoned him about GS falling. Or he could have been riding the property grounds.

And if AM was at his parents' or near town, it follows that AM would arrive before first responders -- he knows exactly where he's going and travels that road at 78+ MPH in the darkest night so no problem in the daylight. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher