GUILTY CA - Mark & Jacob Iskander, 11 and 9, Killed by Drunk Socialite Rebecca Grossman in Veh vs Ped Hit & Run - Los Angeles, 2020 *GUILTY on all counts*

and somehow driving 52 miles an hour in a downtown area is ok -- because the intersection is not adequate?

What is the speed limit BTW?

Shaking my head....

Facts from the courtroom: Grossman was going 81 mph 1.5 second before she killed Mark and Jacob. Impact was 73 mph, according to the black box in her Mercedes. Several independent witnesses saw her and Erickson racing. She was legally drunk at .08 and .081, three hours after the crash. They had to get a warrant for her BAC because she refused the test. She also refused to blow into the breathalyzer and Sheriff had to get a locking breathalyzer 90 minutes after crash. Who is the witness who had a radar gun with them? Or it this Grossman’s story? She fled the scene and NEVER hit her brakes - black box and NO tire marks at scene. Her car was found 1/4 mile away from crash site, very close to her home on Bowsprit. Tried to start her car 14 times to get away. If she had been going 51 mph, expert testimony at the preliminary hearing says the family would have made it to the other side. If she had been going 51 mph, Mark’s body wouldn’t have been 254 feet from the scene. Also, the family is NOT suing the city. Once they found out the evidence of the case, they dropped their suit. Buzbee should read the court file. Tuesday was the day to turn over defense discover, they showed up empty handed and got a delay to March 6th. Then, he comes out and makes statements to the press about having witnesses?

Attached is the map of the exact spot the boys were hit and killed.

Attachments

• Triunfo map.jpg
    Triunfo map.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 5
and somehow driving 52 miles an hour in a downtown area is ok -- because the intersection is not adequate?

What is the speed limit BTW?

Shaking my head....
The area where the boys were hit and killed is not a downtown area. It's a very quaint spot for everyone to walk/bike around and enjoy the beautiful area. There is a little manmade lake with gorgeous homes on both sides of the lake. It's close to the mountains and really off the beaten path, but surely a popular spot in our area. She lived there and drove it quite a few times a day, according to court testimony. She knew there was a crosswalk and bicyclists/pedestrians, everyone knows. NO intersection is safe when racing at 81 mph and when drinking and driving. Speed limit is 45 mph.

I'm late to this thread, how horrid, those poor boys. I hope they lock her up and she gets the maximum.

What she said to the police officer, according to this article, is mind-blowing (midway down in the article, around the 14th paragraph), would that be considered a sort of threat to the officer? I truly hope her comment to the officer will come up in court...

Judge aims for spring 2023 trial in Rebecca Grossman case (vcstar.com)
HOLY *advertiser censored*.

Grossman, 59, of Hidden Hills, addressed a small group of supporters for the victims' family as she left the Van Nuys Courthouse.

"I know you think you’re doing the right thing, but you don’t know all the details," Grossman said to supporters gathered in the hallway.

The quick exchange appeared to leave the group in stunned silence as Grossman continued out of the building.
-
She has to be PURE EVIL tbh I cannot believe she would dare to even say this. What a garbage person.
You hit 2 kids, didn't brake, fled the scene & didn't render aid, tried to restart your car 14 times after your engine got shut down. But yeah, you're the real victim here, lady.

-
Los Angeles Deputy District Attorney Ryan Gould, the prosecutor in the case, said a lot of factors determine how quickly a case moves to trial, from the progress of discovery to coordinating scheduling conflicts among witnesses. He hopes the defense moves along with the timeline presented by the judge, but will have a better sense after the March hearing.

"In a best case scenario, we're looking at May," Gould said.

As Tuesday’s hearing came to an end, Nancy Iskander, the victims' mother, was overcome with emotion after seeing Grossman leave the courtroom.

“Tell her Jacob’s birthday is this Friday,” Iskander said.

Iskander said she has been overwhelmed by the support she's received, especially from community organizers Julie Cohen and Jennifer Nagel, who coordinated a recent Christmas card drive for the family.

She said anyone who wants to support Mark and Jacob's legacy can do so via the charity founded in their memory with the Ventura County Community Foundation. More information is available at markandjacobfoundation.org.
-
Some photos:
1673635771570.png
Asher Wolfe, 14, far left, watches Daniel Hopkins, 11, right, get emotional after his speech on Thursday, Sept. 29, 2022, remembering friends Mark and Jacob Iskander during a vigil for the boys in Westlake Village. The brothers were killed while crossing a nearby street two years earlier.
-
This picture particularly just shatters my heart. Oh my god.
1673635725506.png

A beautiful photo of the family releasing doves:
1673635826905.png
-
This criminal broke this family's heart and took away from them the many years of precious memories, laughs, hugs, kisses, joys, and sorrows one would expect & look forward to from raising their children, and just watching the kids grow up. And their 2 boys died right in front of their parents and their younger brother Zach who was only 5 years old. The amount of trauma is inconceivable.

Also inconceivable - The audacity Rebecca and her husband have to even TRY and say it wasn't her fault absolutely astounds me. I don't know how any defense lawyer could willingly take this case, however, I have also heard it's easier to defend people you know are guilty than it is to defend the innocent. Maybe that's why her lawyer is fumbling the whole thing with pointing out lawsuits against the city that have now been dropped.

I'm late to this thread, how horrid, those poor boys. I hope they lock her up and she gets the maximum.

What she said to the police officer, according to this article, is mind-blowing (midway down in the article, around the 14th paragraph), would that be considered a sort of threat to the officer? I truly hope her comment to the officer will come up in court...
Hi Ceska :)

In a conversation with an operator through a Mercedes-Benz service following the crash, Grossman said she didn't know if she had hit anyone and that she was driving down the road when her airbag exploded.

"I don't know what I hit," Grossman said in the recording when a 911 operator was patched in and asked if she had hit a person.

Grossman was arrested by Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies the day of the crash and subsequently released Oct. 1, 2020, on bond.

She was given permission last year to drive after having been barred from driving for more than a year.

Grossman could face a maximum of 34 years to life in prison if convicted as charged, according to the District Attorney's Office.
-
Oh yeah, dont you just hate when your airbag randomly explodes.. smh.
How the hell does anyone feel good about putting her back on the road?
Insanity.

In a conversation with an operator through a Mercedes-Benz service following the crash, Grossman said she didn't know if she had hit anyone and that she was driving down the road when her airbag exploded.

"I don't know what I hit," Grossman said in the recording when a 911 operator was patched in and asked if she had hit a person.

Grossman was arrested by Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies the day of the crash and subsequently released Oct. 1, 2020, on bond.

She was given permission last year to drive after having been barred from driving for more than a year.

Grossman could face a maximum of 34 years to life in prison if convicted as charged, according to the District Attorney's Office.
-
Insanity.
When the dispatcher told her that children were hit, she replied "my husband is a doctor, he can help the children." The tone of her voice was very monotone. It was eerie how her tone didn't change the entire recording, even after knowing kids were hit.

I was present in court to hear the recording.

-
Insanity.
Oh man, that is just horrendous. With her history, she should never be allowed to drive again.
I am really hoping she gets the max. I can't imagine what the poor parents are going through. And I was shocked to read how her husband has been reacting to all of this.

Oh man, that is just horrendous. With her history, she should never be allowed to drive again.
I am really hoping she gets the max. I can't imagine what the poor parents are going through. And I was shocked to read how her husband has been reacting to all of this.
They gave her license back to her months ago. She is still driving around in our community.

Until the next court date of March 6th, our community is collecting cards and notes showing our love and support for the Iskander Family. Our local community has been deeply affected by this horrible tragedy.

Attachments

• D74A1F7B-012D-4274-86A5-6D30A5379DD3_1_201_a.jpeg
    D74A1F7B-012D-4274-86A5-6D30A5379DD3_1_201_a.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 5
Letter from a local resident to The Acorn Newspaper, which is our local community newspaper.

This is what Nancy Iskander posted regarding the letter:
I would like to extend my deepest appreciation to Orly Frank for the thoughtful and sincere letter published by the acorn today. This letter expresses what goes through my mind every hour of every day as I am remembering Mark and Jacob with tears rolling down my face. Your letter was a true blessing that warmed my heart. Thank you so much. And as always thank you to Julie Cohen who shared it with me. Please join the justice for Mark and Jacob page on Facebook.

Attachments

• Issue not the crosswalk.jpeg
    Issue not the crosswalk.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 27
So very sorry it has taken so long, but SunnyCA is now verified as a friend of the Iskander family. As a VI, SunnyCA does not have to provide links to what they state as fact about their knowledge of this case or any inside information they may have. In all other respects, Verified Insiders are held to the same TOS as our regular members.

Please treat our VI with respect at all times. Members may ask questions but it is up to a VI if they wish to answer them. Please don't argue with a Verified member in any way, and don't badger them for information they may not be able to provide.

Thank you SunnyCA for being here for Mark and Jacob and the Iskander family, and to all other members who are here to discuss case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennyboo
Back