GUILTY CA - Mark & Jacob Iskander, 11 and 9, Killed by Drunk Socialite Rebecca Grossman in Veh vs Ped Hit & Run - Los Angeles, 2020 *GUILTY on all counts*

So do I, @SuziQ. Unbelievable, but it happened. Those 2 beautiful boys -- everyone in the Iskander household will now wake up each morning without those two boys -- every day, every day -- because of what that woman did before she got into her car and then when she plowed into those two human beings.

Let's hope that the bunch of attorneys Grossman will surely have will not be able to get her off easily. Her prior driving track record will not serve her well, IMO, if the MSM reports of it are accurate.

My thoughts are with the Iskander family. None of them will ever be the same. May they hold each other closely and let their friends, relatives and faith help them endure this incredible loss.

This is really sad because the Grossman Burn Center is a God Send for our community. They have donated so much time and vital resources and support towards needy Burn Victims over the years.

I personally knew of one family , here in Westlake Village, whose young son was badly burned when an older child poured lighter fluid on the family BBQ one Sunday.

The Grossman Burn centre saved his life, and donated most of their services to the family, because their insurance did not cover much of the expensive treatments necessary. They had a support group for family members and for the victims, as they continued their difficult surgeries and treatments and helped the families get to the hospital, etc.

Project Faith
PROJECT FAITH
Founded in 2007, Project Faith provides basic support services for wound and burn care including burn survivors and their families during treatment.

Through Project Faith, the Grossman Burn Foundation may provide to those who qualify:
* Medical Treatment (surgery, steroid injections, medicine, etc.)
* Physical Therapy
* Psychotherapy
* Medical Tattooing
* Housing and Meals
* Transportation to medical appointments
* Network of volunteers to serve as as support system for the patient and his/her family
* Medical supplies such as compression garments and face masks

So it is really sickening that this woman did such a despicable deed, and trashed and ruined the reputation of her family name...and killed two precious young boys, and tried to get away with it.

This is really sad because the Grossman Burn Center is a God Send for our community. They have donated so much time and vital resources and support towards needy Burn Victims over the years.

I personally knew of one family , here in Westlake Village, whose young son was badly burned when an older child poured lighter fluid on the family BBQ one Sunday.

The Grossman Burn centre saved his life, and donated most of their services to the family, because their insurance did not cover much of the expensive treatments necessary. They had a support group for family members and for the victims, as they continued their difficult surgeries and treatments and helped the families get to the hospital, etc.

Project Faith
PROJECT FAITH
Founded in 2007, Project Faith provides basic support services for wound and burn care including burn survivors and their families during treatment.

Through Project Faith, the Grossman Burn Foundation may provide to those who qualify:
* Medical Treatment (surgery, steroid injections, medicine, etc.)
* Physical Therapy
* Psychotherapy
* Medical Tattooing
* Housing and Meals
* Transportation to medical appointments
* Network of volunteers to serve as as support system for the patient and his/her family
* Medical supplies such as compression garments and face masks

So it is really sickening that this woman did such a despicable deed, and trashed and ruined the reputation of her family name...and killed two precious young boys, and tried to get away with it.
If the family had insurance, why would they not be covered for all their requirements?

This happened right down the street from our old house in Westlake Village. My kids used to walk the dogs on that exact street using that same crosswalk. This tragedy hits too close to home.

I really hope she goes to jail for a long time!

Last edited:
This happened right down the street from our old house in Westlake Village. My kids used to walk the dogs on that exact street using that same crosswalk. This tragedy hits too close to home.

The "hit and run" may be what does her in. Because that shows knowledge of a crime, and intent to flee.

I have never understood why the richest folks, who basically have plenty of money to hire drivers, always are the ones behind the wheel, killing folks.

Even here in Tennessee, the most she would get is 8 years on each death, likely served concurrently. Probably out in 5. I bet it would be less in California. Outrageous.

This should be getting more attention and pressure for justice. One article noted that she missed multiple (5, I believe) court dates. How someone can do something like this and then continue to behave with NO shame, astonishes me. VILE.

My sincere condolences to the family of the young boys.

My opinions.

Wow. There hasn't even been a preliminary hearing yet. This article says it's been scheduled for April 25. We'll see if it actually takes place then.

"At today’s hearing Judge Shellie Samuels apologized to the victims’ patents, Nancy and Karim Iskander, for the many continuances and postponement in the case, the most recent of which was Grossman’s need to look for and hire a new lawyer after her previous attorney fell ill.

‘This case has taken way too long,’ said the judge. ‘I do apologize for the delays.’

At the end of today’s brief hearing, Judge Samuels, told Grossman and her attorneys that she expected them to be ready for a preliminary hearing April 25 when she’ll hear testimony from the boys’ family and other witnesses, then rule on whether Grossman should stand trial."

Socialite Rebecca Grossman stays on bail 18 months after murder charge in 'street-race' case | Daily Mail Online

No surprise that it has taken this long to even get to the preliminary hearing.
Murder cases in California (especially Los Angeles) can take years to come to trial, often 5-7 years if you can believe it. The court system is completely overburdened, and lawyers come up with all sorts of motions and requests for this, or that, or a whole host of other things. Covid also did a real number on actual courtroom proceedings. Who knows when the next 'variant' will shut everything down again. It's a travesty.

This should be getting more attention and pressure for justice. One article noted that she missed multiple (5, I believe) court dates. How someone can do something like this and then continue to behave with NO shame, astonishes me. VILE.

My sincere condolences to the family of the young boys.

My opinions.

She's a "socialite", wealthy, and 'entitled'. Not one of the "little people" that get justice handed to them fast and hard.

I would be pleasantly surprised if she serves any prison time at all when this is done, and it could be years down the line before a trial even commences.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back