Found Alive OH - Kason & Kyair Thomass - 5-Month-Old Twins - In Stolen Vehicle - *Nalah Jackson Arrested* - Columbus

from the same article it said:
Ky'air's death will be part of a child fatality review made up of members from the coroner's office, law enforcement, children's services, schools, and hospitals.

The review board looks for trends, risk factors, gaps in community systems, and possible system improvements. They then send data to the state and analyze it to implement strategies for prevention.
I have worked on a similar board in my state. Our findings rarely make a difference, unfortunately.

“The cause of death is ruled Sudden Unexplained Infant Death with other significant conditions including unsafe sleep environment; post-prandial infant placed facedown, unsupervised, on an adult bed, surrounded by excess pillows and blankets,” the coroner’s office wrote. Update:
Unsafe sleep practices are a 100% preventable cause of death.

Unsafe sleep practices are a 100% preventable cause of death.
So true! It wasn't just one unsafe practice, such as sleeping face down. It sounds like quite a few unsafe practices. Little Kyair fought so hard to live through the kidnapping ordeal, only to succumb to his sleeping environment. I can't imagine what, but I hope something positive can come out of this. Rest in peace, Sweet Little Kyair.

I thought a family member said it was a case of choking or something occurring during feeding? Face down on an adult bed "post-Prandial" would be, by definition not during a feeding, but sometime afterwards?
Regardless, it's very sad. He was so stinkin' cute!
Edited to add quote & source:

The aunt of the twins' mother told ABC6/FOX28 that something went wrong as Ky'air was being fed.

Tragic death of 6-month-old Ky'air Thomas: what we know

I can't imagine what, but I hope something positive can come out of this. Rest in peace, Sweet Little Kyair. -GoBuckeyes
Hopefully, moving forward, mom will be cautious with Kason, the remaining twin, and keep him in a crib, with warm pajamas in lieu of lots of blankets, Pillows, crib bumpers, stuffed animals etc. That's the only "something good" I could come up with.

Last edited:
This is so sad. I don’t believe there was any intent of course. Must be exhausting having twins. This happened to a very close friend of mine and 2 of her babies were sleeping together and I believe they shouldn’t have been - and that was the cause. I won’t say anything more and I would never say anything to her. She was severely traumatized and I don’t believe anyone ever accused her of anything. It was an accident as I believe this was as well.

I thought a family member said it was a case of choking or something occurring during feeding? Face down on an adult bed "post-Prandial" would be, by definition not during a feeding, but sometime afterwards?
Regardless, it's very sad. He was so stinkin' cute!
Edited to add quote & source:

Tragic death of 6-month-old Ky'air Thomas: what we know

Hopefully, moving forward, mom will be cautious with Kason, the remaining twin, and keep him in a crib, with warm pajamas in lieu of lots of blankets, Pillows, crib bumpers, stuffed animals etc. That's the only "something good" I could come up with.

After feeding, according to MSM report.

I think Mom needs parenting classes. This was very preventable. JMO.

We need to do a better job of providing this information to new parents, as this happens way too frequently, just out of lack of knowledge and understanding.
Very tragic and my heart goes out to Kyair's mother and family.

We need to do a better job of providing this information to new parents, as this happens way too frequently, just out of lack of knowledge and understanding.
Very tragic and my heart goes out to Kyair's mother and family.
We don’t know that she wasn’t offered this information. Her pediatrician should have been able to give her places to contact for parenting help.

I’m sure she feels awful that her baby is gone. She has had a rough few months.

I think Mom needs parenting classes. This was very preventable. JMO.

Even if Mom knew better, it could be that grandma or another relative who didn’t take current parenting classes was watching the baby while Mom got some much needed rest. Preventing tragedies is neither totally possible nor realistic. I like to think that most parents do the best they can. But terrible things still can happen. I hope Mom is getting help to cope with her emotions at this sad time.

I sincerely hope that this mom get some parenting classes, so that the surviving twin survives until adulthood. She's already had both twins kidnapped when she left them in a vehicle, now she's had one die in a preventable situation. If she doesn't get some parenting instruction now, there is not a good likelihood that the other twin makes it to even 1 year old.

As a society, we need to do better. When I had my youngest, the hospital made me watch a video on the dangers of shaking a baby. While clearly that's an issue, there needs to be far better education for parents who aren't inclined to do research and find best parenting practices. They provide not information on PPD even though it's very common.

I sincerely hope that this mom get some parenting classes, so that the surviving twin survives until adulthood. She's already had both twins kidnapped when she left them in a vehicle, now she's had one die in a preventable situation. If she doesn't get some parenting instruction now, there is not a good likelihood that the other twin makes it to even 1 year old.

As a society, we need to do better. When I had my youngest, the hospital made me watch a video on the dangers of shaking a baby. While clearly that's an issue, there needs to be far better education for parents who aren't inclined to do research and find best parenting practices. They provide not information on PPD even though it's very common.
And on unsafe sleeping habits.

TBH, I was really surprised the mom wasn't charged for leaving the twins alone in the car. JMO

I’m surprised information wasn’t provided to the parents about safe vs unsafe sleeping for babies.

AFAIK is is common practice to provide this information sling with other safety measures like proper car seat use before babies leave a hospital.

According to the autopsy, the cause of death was ruled as sudden unexplained infant death with other significant conditions including unsafe sleep environment saying the infant was placed face down, unsupervised on an adult bed surrounded by excess pillows and blankets after eating.

I’m surprised information wasn’t provided to the parents about safe vs unsafe sleeping for babies.

AFAIK is is common practice to provide this information sling with other safety measures like proper car seat use before babies leave a hospital.

According to the autopsy, the cause of death was ruled as sudden unexplained infant death with other significant conditions including unsafe sleep environment saying the infant was placed face down, unsupervised on an adult bed surrounded by excess pillows and blankets after eating.

According to the CDC, almost half of new parents were not provided with information about unsafe sleeping practices or were given incorrect information.

Also, I don't think that Ky'air's father lived in the same house as Ky'air's mother. I think she was parenting alone in the home at most times. Just my sense from reading all the various articles in MSM since the time of the kidnapping to the time of Ky'air's death.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back