Found Alive OH - Kason & Kyair Thomass - 5-Month-Old Twins - In Stolen Vehicle - *Nalah Jackson Arrested* - Columbus

I was wondering about this. We have NO idea what really happened to those babies while they were missing. I hope that this isn't a homicide. I was so relieved they were both found alive because there are horror stories of babies dying just from being in their car seats to long, let alone whatever they went through.
Do we know how thoroughly Kyair was medically examined after he was recovered? I seem to remember that happening.

Do we know how thoroughly Kyair was medically examined after he was recovered? I seem to remember that happening.
Wasn't he in the hospital at least a day or so?

I wonder if there could be things that wouldn't be easily apparent, especially in an infant. It's not like he could point and say, hey, this hurts. I also wonder if it would be possible to determine if he had any delays or lack of oxygen or how the cold affected him?

We really don't know what she did with him while she had him.

I wonder if there could be things that wouldn't be easily apparent, especially in an infant. It's not like he could point and say, hey, this hurts. I also wonder if it would be possible to determine if he had any delays or lack of oxygen or how the cold affected him?

This is my thought. Babies are tough but also incredibly sensitive. Kyair was the first of the two found but was he thrown out of the car roughly causing some kind of injury? The cold? I really hope they release the autopsy report.

Authorities have said several times that the death is unrelated to the kidnap. I'll put MOO, bc I'm too tired to go link them. ;) But I believe them, that it's not related. If I can later, I'll loop back here and list some links.

He was sitting in the same position for such a long time I wonder if it is possible that a blood clot formed and it went undetected.

It’s completely heartbreaking no matter what the cause.
It's extremely unlikely for a small child to have a blood clot, unless they had some kind of underlying disorder. They ARE awfully wiggly.

It's extremely unlikely for a small child to have a blood clot, unless they had some kind of underlying disorder. They ARE awfully wiggly.
I’m admittedly grasping for an explanation that would make sense of this.

It seems so inexplicably cruel that after all they went through to survive that he died.

On Monday, a spokesperson for the Columbus Police said the baby's death was "currently a death investigation pending autopsy."

ABC6/FOX28 requested baby Ky'air's autopsy report from the Franklin County Coroner's office. The office confirmed that the exam of Ky’air Thomas was performed on Jan. 30, but that there would not be a “prelim report" released.

ABC6/FOX28 also requested the 911 call as well as the incident reports from both the Columbus Police Department and the Columbus Fire Department.

A CFD spokesperson said they are unable to release those documents because some of the contents is HIPAA protected and the department is waiting for more guidance for what can legally be released.

WOW!
From the article, “Franklin County Children's Services said it did not receive a complaint or referral this weekend. It also has not had a previous case involving the Thomas twins and it does not have a current case now.

Children Services said it did not make contact with the family even though Kason Thomas is still in their care.

Children Services maintains that, again, if a complaint or referral had been made this weekend, none reached the level in which the agency needed to open a case.”

This is the exact OPPOSITE of how child protective services works in my state (MO). Any child fatality automatically opens a case for siblings. Also, did I read this correctly that the surviving child is in state custody, yet they haven’t made contact? What in the world?

WOW!
From the article, “Franklin County Children's Services said it did not receive a complaint or referral this weekend. It also has not had a previous case involving the Thomas twins and it does not have a current case now.

Children Services said it did not make contact with the family even though Kason Thomas is still in their care.

Children Services maintains that, again, if a complaint or referral had been made this weekend, none reached the level in which the agency needed to open a case.”

This is the exact OPPOSITE of how child protective services works in my state (MO). Any child fatality automatically opens a case for siblings. Also, did I read this correctly that the surviving child is in state custody, yet they haven’t made contact? What in the world?
It says that Kason is still in the family's care, I believe.

WOW!

from the same article it said:
Ky'air's death will be part of a child fatality review made up of members from the coroner's office, law enforcement, children's services, schools, and hospitals.

The review board looks for trends, risk factors, gaps in community systems, and possible system improvements. They then send data to the state and analyze it to implement strategies for prevention.

It seems strange to me that he died of choking. I wonder when the autopsy results will be available.
The autopsy report can take up to 6 months from the date of death. So possibly not until this summer. The autopsy was performed on Monday, January 30th, according to this article.

Her actions throughout the course of the abduction and the time Kason sat, freezing, in a carpark for up to two days, say otherwise. If she cared about them, she would have told LE where he was when she was arrested. I can't believe they didn't ask her, repeatedly, as that arctic storm bore down.

Until we hear otherwise, Ky'air's death sounds like a tragic but accidental death, one many infants and toddlers unfortunately suffer.
Choked while feeding—at 6 months, probably only milk? Article says they had the sniffles; wonder if the baby contracted RSV or that other respiratory illness putting babies in the hospital right now. Mom must be a wreck; Lost. Found. Died. My heart breaks for her.

WOW!

Did the child die in state custody or in the custody of the parents? How can the surviving twin be in state custody without the state having made contact with the parents? TIA

Did the child die in state custody or in the custody of the parents? How can the surviving twin be in state custody without the state having made contact with the parents? TIA
The baby died while with his Mom. I believe the article quoted above was not clear. The boys have not been taken from their Mom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back