NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly this, and even if there were to be a time limit it certainly wouldn't be 3 weeks!.

How safe do we realistically think a sweet, 11yr old girl could be in the hands of drug traffickers?. To my mind, unless either one of her parents is the head of the snake, then this little girls safety is not at all guaranteed, Mum is locked up and Madalina can't be inconspicuosly delivered to family in Moldova now, so who is paying these traffickers to keep her safe? And would that be more profitable to them than the money they could consistently make from an 11yr old trafficked girl?.
I am more worried, not less, by these latest revelations :(

All jmo.
Probably a helluva lot safer than she was with her parents.
Did she ever experience safety?
Yeah, the last day she rode that school bus.
that is the last day too.
There is only one hope and it's that they sold her .
No idea what their financial records show.
It's utterly outrageous.

I think she honestly trusts her connection more than the U.S. police and government.
JMO
Her connection did nothing at all as far as we know.
Her connection is now talking to LE.
She, apparently is not.
They must have spent considerable hours interviewing her already.
If they thought she was innocent of wrongdoing they would surely set her free.
If they thought she knew where Madalina is located, they might set her free and track her.
The picture is grim, very grim.

Maybe someone can help me here. I remember hearing/reading that they were hoping to keep DC in lock up for as long as possible because they feared if she was released she might interfere more with the investigation, but now I can't find it. Might anyone remember hearing that? I thought it was on a video release with LE. But I did listen to a few podcasts so maybe I am mistaken. They said this was why her bail had been set higher than CP's.

If no one remembers this please take that info as speculation only. But if it is true, maybe LE is on the trail of something and hopefully are close to finding the truth.

Maybe someone can help me here. I remember hearing/reading that they were hoping to keep DC in lock up for as long as possible because they feared if she was released she might interfere more with the investigation, but now I can't find it. Might anyone remember hearing that? I thought it was on a video release with LE. But I did listen to a few podcasts so maybe I am mistaken. They said this was why her bail had been set higher than CP's.

If no one remembers this please take that info as speculation only. But if it is true, maybe LE is on the trail of something and hopefully are close to finding the truth.

Yes, I recall seeing that too.

"In court Tuesday, Diana Cojocari, who had been arrested along with Palmiter on Dec. 17 for failure to report the girl missing, had her bond raised to $250,000. The prosecutor told the judge Diana Cojocari had been hindering the investigation and was concerned she would continue to hinder the investigation if released. The judge ordered Cojocari to be electrically monitored if she posted bond. New details in disappearance of Madalina Cojocari

"In court Tuesday, Diana Cojocari, who had been arrested along with Palmiter on Dec. 17 for failure to report the girl missing, had her bond raised to $250,000. The prosecutor told the judge Diana Cojocari had been hindering the investigation and was concerned she would continue to hinder the investigation if released. The judge ordered Cojocari to be electrically monitored if she posted bond. New details in disappearance of Madalina Cojocari
Red bolding mine.

Hmmm....
"...had been hindering the investigation ...."
Wonder if they caught her out in a lie ?
From reading earlier posts here, her phone had pinged in an area north east of their home , and maybe LE had asked what she was doing , and she told them she wasn't there ?
Or something like that.
Imo.

Red bolding mine.

Hmmm....
"...had been hindering the investigation ...."
Wonder if they caught her out in a lie ?
From reading earlier posts here, her phone had pinged in an area north east of their home , and maybe LE had asked what she was doing , and she told them she wasn't there ?
Or something like that.
Imo.
I have a feeling she is not talking at all which is making things take longer. Like not being up front with contacting the distant relative and making them wait for the call logs to come back and hunt down each number and try to interview them. But that is just my speculation.

Please excuse if this is way off, but does silence from the authorities necessarily mean they don’t already have this case all figured out? I mean, they’d still have to prove it in court and the next scheduled court date isn’t until May. Anyone know?

Please excuse if this is way off, but does silence from the authorities necessarily mean they don’t already have this case all figured out? I mean, they’d still have to prove it in court and the next scheduled court date isn’t until May. Anyone know?

If they had it ALL figured out, they would have located Madalina, though. That wouldn't be kept quiet, IMO.

"The affiant believes that a search of the residence may locate drugs and/or money not previously found in the residence," Det. Patterson writes in that application. "We believe that the additional search could be helpful in locating and leading to information on the disappearance of Madalina Cojocari."

She continues: "Based on affiant’s training and experience persons associated with narcotics activity are also associated with human smuggling."

These are only my thoughts . and believe me I know nothing except what I have sleuthed and read here. So here it goes, it might not make sense to some but it does to me :rolleyes: It's all my opinion at this time and could change. Just things to think about.

Since the last information out , the passports left in the console. It's not hard for savvy outlaws(drug traffickers and smugglers ) to obtain false passports. The original passports(especially Madalinas) could have been sent to someone and they were falsified. DC and CP had WEEKS head start. Also DC's could have been falsified for later, but, that might be harder to use as if she gets released she will have to wear an ankle bracelet. Also ,if they can't charge her for anything significant, then they can't hold her forever. So she's free to go. That's where her possible falsified passport comes in.
It wasn't stated if either one had a US passport so most likely neither is a US citizen.
That makes traveling very difficult without questions being asked.
A falsified US passport for travel would be easier.
A lot of the time money talks.

Now that they have found more info recently about the drug thing and smuggling, that will put a damper on DC and possibly CP plan. She may fear saying anything as that may put MC in a lot of danger, possibly death. These people don't fool around.
OC could have very well helped with that ,especially his location. Easy enough.

Smuggling Madelina and her remaining safe could be contingent on "no one opens their mouth " or else.

We're dealing with a country far away and several language barriers. English,Romanian and Russian.

How much money is a fairly poor county in NC willing to put out for a lot of investigating in a country so far away ? And the parents not cooperating.

What danger was DC talking about when she said CP put her and MC in danger.We haven't heard what danger. Maybe she's not talking at all.Evidently she's not talking or else she would be out.

One scene is maybe DC didn't think this would fail so miserably and it is being investigated, but, how much is it being investigated?

I believed from early on that OC was somehow involved. I never believed those were the cats names as I sleuthed for days on out and found different.

There's a lot of people on her side that know what's going on, they don't talk and they won't talk.

I don't think her family would be so silent if they knew Madalina was no longer here (alive), they know something else.

I could go on with this ,but, with what I can put together I have some hope that Madalina is alive. Maybe not in the safest place but where DC wants her (out of the US )

Remember, there's nothing normal about this situation.

I have a feeling she is not talking at all which is making things take longer. Like not being up front with contacting the distant relative and making them wait for the call logs to come back and hunt down each number and try to interview them. But that is just my speculation.
I agree. I think the is mute and will stay mute.
This was why I was saying before that she trusts her contact more than LE or the government. Even if the contact to us is completely untrustable, in her eyes no one is more untrustworthy than the police and government.
The only reason I am saying this is because she is from a completely different culture to most of us speculating now and without meaning to we will respond in a culturally bias way. Regardless of whether she is to blame for M disappearance or not, I really think she just does not trust authorities and will not speak.
I wonder if they have tried to have someone from her own culture or background speak with her?

JMO

Last edited:
These are only my thoughts . and believe me I know nothing except what I have sleuthed and read here. So here it goes, it might not make sense to some but it does to me :rolleyes: It's all my opinion at this time and could change. Just things to think about.

Since the last information out , the passports left in the console. It's not hard for savvy outlaws(drug traffickers and smugglers ) to obtain false passports. The original passports(especially Madalinas) could have been sent to someone and they were falsified. DC and CP had WEEKS head start. Also DC's could have been falsified for later, but, that might be harder to use as if she gets released she will have to wear an ankle bracelet. Also ,if they can't charge her for anything significant, then they can't hold her forever. So she's free to go. That's where her possible falsified passport comes in.
It wasn't stated if either one had a US passport so most likely neither is a US citizen.
That makes traveling very difficult without questions being asked.
A falsified US passport for travel would be easier.
A lot of the time money talks.

Now that they have found more info recently about the drug thing and smuggling, that will put a damper on DC and possibly CP plan. She may fear saying anything as that may put MC in a lot of danger, possibly death. These people don't fool around.
OC could have very well helped with that ,especially his location. Easy enough.

Smuggling Madelina and her remaining safe could be contingent on "no one opens their mouth " or else.

We're dealing with a country far away and several language barriers. English,Romanian and Russian.

How much money is a fairly poor county in NC willing to put out for a lot of investigating in a country so far away ? And the parents not cooperating.

What danger was DC talking about when she said CP put her and MC in danger.We haven't heard what danger. Maybe she's not talking at all.Evidently she's not talking or else she would be out.

One scene is maybe DC didn't think this would fail so miserably and it is being investigated, but, how much is it being investigated?

I believed from early on that OC was somehow involved. I never believed those were the cats names as I sleuthed for days on out and found different.

There's a lot of people on her side that know what's going on, they don't talk and they won't talk.

I don't think her family would be so silent if they knew Madalina was no longer here (alive), they know something else.

I could go on with this ,but, with what I can put together I have some hope that Madalina is alive. Maybe not in the safest place but where DC wants her (out of the US )

Remember, there's nothing normal about this situation.
This is what I have been saying from early on. Especially the bolded.
The reason for saying nothing and the family being so silent. There is a lot more going on and I feel its going to be hard for LE because I really feel they need to be looking in Eastern Europe.

JMO

This is what I have been saying from early on. Especially the bolded.
The reason for saying nothing and the family being so silent. There is a lot more going on and I feel its going to be hard for LE because I really feel they need to be looking in Eastern Europe.

JMO
There is no evidence the child is in Eastern Europe.

There is no evidence the child is in Eastern Europe.
There's no evidence the child is in the U.S. either
ETA: I didn't just mean looking for M, I was referring to the investigation. Have DC family been interviewed by any kind of LE? We don't know. Have their properties been checked for M? We don't know. My gut says no, because it would mean taking it to an international jurisdiction
JMO

Last edited:
IMO
IF M was smuggled out of the U.S., I think it was in the lost weeks, which would mean she was long gone by the time LE was involved.
We don't know what has happened, maybe we never will.
Maybe DC killed her. Maybe CP killed her. Maybe they did together, maybe they dont know if the other did. Maybe she was smuggled to 'safety', maybe she was smuggled for money and on and on.
But, there are certain facts we know and from these facts we each form our own hypothesis.
For my own part, my hypothesis changes but revolves around facts, AFAIK.

There's no evidence the child is in the U.S. either
ETA: I didn't just mean looking for M, I was referring to the investigation. Have DC family been interviewed by any kind of LE? We don't know. Have their properties been checked for M? We don't know. My gut says no, because it would mean taking it to an international jurisdiction
JMO
There is evidence she lived in U.S.

I agree. I think the is mute and will stay mute.
This was why I was saying before that she trusts her contact more than LE or the government. Even if the contact to us is completely untrustable, in her eyes no one is more untrustworthy than the police and government.
The only reason I am saying this is because she is from a completely different culture to most of us speculating now and without meaning to we will respond in a culturally bias way. Regardless of whether she is to blame for M disappearance or not, I really think she just does not trust authorities and will not speak.
I wonder if they have tried to have someone from her own culture or background speak with her?

JMO

Except we have no idea how she personally feels about LE, regardless of cultural differences. No question it would be very convenient for her to state that she's reluctant to speak to police due to some cultural fear she brought with her from her home country. I'm not buying it though. Not in the least.

Of course we do know that she's hindered this investigation into the whereabouts of her child, so that could mean she's keeping silent or misleading with lies or half truths. We don't know for certain because LE have not disclosed in what way she's "hindered" their efforts to locate Madalina. The fact that she's also sitting in jail tells me LE aren't buying any of this either.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member