TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

This article says she had high functioning austim.
<modsnip - no link from an approved source to statement made as fact>

Another article posted here earlier this morning indicated that the perp just recently began identifying as a male. I'm not sure what "recent" means. Imho

All said, it looks like the school was used for big impact...as a mall was also on the list. I highly doubt there was "resentment" about a mall. When LE spoke about resentment, I now suspect it was a general thing....and not at all specific to the school. I may be wrong. Again. Today. Imho

Last edited by a moderator:

Also from this article -

In addition to the three weapons found at the scene, another two rifles were taken from her home. It's unclear whether they were also registered to Hale, who had 'high functioning' autism, according to police sources.

BBM

'Stop moving... hands away from the gun': Cops release six minutes of hellish bodycam footage​

• The footage show cops trying to find Hale after rushing to the Covenant School
  • She was on the second floor, and engaged in a gunfight in a desperate bid to die
  • Hale was immediately struck down, but had already murdered six people
Nashville Police have this morning released bodycam footage from yesterday's school shooting which left six people dead, including three nine-year-old children.

The disturbing footage shows the heroic police officers who took the shooter down, Audrey Hale, down.

Hale was standing in front of a large window on a second floor atrium of The Covenant School by the time police entered the building.

She was immediately taken down by one of the officers who responded.

The officers are seen going classroom to classroom looking for Hale, who gained entry by shooting through the glass panes of the front door.

So she made the police officers her victims, too. Dragging them into her suicide by cop deathwish.

Graphic content warning. This article shows the destruction on human bodies of the AR-15, especially children, using demonstrations of actual injuries from past victims of school shootings (with permission of their families)

I choose not to watch the images, but it sounds like the Covenant School shooter chose to use a firearm that would do the most damage to her victims, including three 6-year old children. She knew what she was doing.

Weapons

Hale used two assault-style weapons and a handgun during the attack, according to police, with at least two of those guns being purchased legally. A search of Hale's home led to officers seizing more firearms, including a sawed-off shotgun.

A sawed-off shotgun?

Where did she keep all these weapons in her family home? And were the firearms she used in the murders registered to her or her parents, or other?

Message to friend: "I am not trying to upset you or get attention."

Definitely in no way any attention-seeking behaviour here.

what bothers me is the answer.. didnt anyone communicating with her figured she might be sick ..

Also from this article -

In addition to the three weapons found at the scene, another two rifles were taken from her home. It's unclear whether they were also registered to Hale, who had 'high functioning' autism, according to police sources.

BBM
This says “also.” Do you know if that means she bought the other guns legally?

This article says she had high functioning austim.
So sad.

Quoted from article.

A high school friend of the Hale's was shocked to learn the outgoing girl she ran track with was behind the massacre.

The friend, who requested to remain anonymous, described Hale to DailyMail.com as 'sweet and funny'.

The friend recalled her faint memories with Hale at the Nashville School of the Arts from around 2011 to 2014.

'What she did was unforgivable but when I knew her she was a sweet and funny girl,' the friend told DailyMail.com.

'When she came out as trans (female to male) no one was surprised.

'She really didn't fit the school shooter archetype.

'I don't know what would have happened to turn her into this person we see on the news.

'Everyone in my graduating class is losing it on Facebook.

'Really no one would have seen this coming.'

what bothers me is the answer.. didnt anyone communicating with her figured she might be sick ..
I read that old friend called the police on her but it was too late.

“I tried to comfort and encourage her and subsequently reached out to the Suicide Prevention Help Line after being instructed to by my father at 10:08 a.m.,” Patton told NewsChannel 5.

“Audrey has shared with others that she had been suicidal in the past and I knew to take this serious [sic],” she added.

The friend told the outlet she called the Nashville Davidson County Sheriff’s Office at 10:13 a.m. about the matter and was instructed to call Nashville’s non-emergency number.

“I called Nashville’s non-emergency line at 10:14 a.m. and was on hold for nearly seven minutes before speaking with someone who said that they would send an officer to my home. An officer did not come to my home until 3:29 p.m.,” Patton told the station.

“After phone calls from friends and Audrey’s name was released as the shooter at Covenant Nashville school, I learned that Audrey was the shooter and that she had reached out to me prior to the shooting,” she said.”

Last edited:
She may have gotten what she wanted, but she’s not getting anything else now imo.

True. I’d just rather have seen her languishing in prison forever - might have been a deterrent for the next suicide by cop wannabe. Do the police ever use tasers? I’m not criticising them by the way, that was a seriously powerful bit of footage.

She stated that she called Suicide Prevention and a deputy’s office and did not get much of a response.

Here is her interview.

Why have they released all this footage? What is their purpose?
I think the purpose was to show the public that the police handled it ‘well’. IFRC, one of the last school shootings there was a lot of criticism of how LE handled it. I think it’s being released to give people a sense of security.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members