TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it’s not like she wants to check anything off that could possibly prevent her from going to do the crazy thing that she is buying the guns for right?

Did she work? She put out a lot of money for the arsenal she amassed.

I wonder where she got the money to buy that aresnal of firearms, plus ammunition, an expensive car for someone without a job (Honda Fit), etc.
She was living at home, were her parents giving her money to support her lifestyle?

We asked those questions about Bryan Kohberger as well, killers who don't seem to have jobs but live at home and have cars, weapons, etc.

Your response implies in your world there is no excuse as if I didn't clearly state there was no justification or excuse for her actions. Yeah, she could have moved out. If her parents hate her, and she moves out, her parents still hate her and she is still missing a large support system. Doesn't mean it's okay to murder innocent people but the facts are the facts. This incident also isn't a justification for certain political spectrums to malign all trans people out in the world.

People walk away from toxic family situations everyday, real and perceived, and never look back. They find new support systems.

I’m sorry that her parents didn’t accept her as she was, but she’s 28 years old, move out. Live your life, be you.
She had a ton of options to deal with her parents not supporting her. Shooting up an elementary school shouldn’t have been one of them.
It was not her parent‘s fault. It was not the school’s fault. It was not organized religion’s fault, or the current political climate, not the gun shop’s fault, and certainly not the victim’s fault. It’s nothing that happened 20 years ago fault.
The shooter is the one responsible. She thought it up, she planned it, she wanted to do it. She told her friend right before she did it she just wanted to die. She was suicidal <modsnip>. I am sorry that she felt that way. Help was a phone call away…her friend, her therapist, a suicide hotline.
These murders, and let’s call them what they are, they are completely on her.
It's on her, I agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
We may never know but was the backwards ballcap perhaps showing some influence from Dylan Klebold?
Could be. Hard to say, but we know that how she dressed that day was significant for her. LE said that she pre-planned the murders in her writings that she left behind, including how she planned to dress that day, what she planned to wear. For the cameras, I assume.

I wonder where she got the money to buy that aresnal of firearms, plus ammunition, an expensive car for someone without a job (Honda Fit), etc.
She was living at home, were her parents giving her money to support her lifestyle?

We asked those questions about Bryan Kohberger as well, killers who don't seem to have jobs but live at home and have cars, weapons, etc.
I suspect that with these young adults living at home (presumably) rent & utility bills free, that any income they do generate goes toward their "toys". My youngest 2 adult kids live at home and we have these kinds of conversations all the time.

Specifically in this case, she came up with the money somewhere to buy all those weapons. I don't know how much any of them cost but they can't be cheap, that's for sure. So you really do have to wonder, how long she may have been planning this, or exactly why in the world she'd have SEVEN firearms.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
Wow. And from news reports previously linked, led her mother to believe the single gun she did have, she sold.
So, keeping them hidden was also on the list.
Now I'm even more curious what this alleged "manifesto" says.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect that with these young adults living at home (presumably) rent & utility bills free, that any income they do generate goes toward their "toys". My youngest 2 adult kids live at home and we have these kinds of conversations all the time.

Specifically in this case, she came up with the money somewhere to buy all those weapons. I don't know how much any of them cost but they can't be cheap, that's for sure. So you really do have to wonder, how long she may have been planning this, or exactly why in the world she'd have SEVEN firearms.
I also wonder whether what she was seeing a doctor for, and also some earlier posters today mentioned her having some emotional outbursts and losing her cool for messing up setting her password, whether at 28 she was staying at home because she couldn't be wholly independent. I am speculating and to be clear in no way am I implying it takes away any responsibility for what she did.

I have friends that always wear a cap backwards. (I think it looks juvenile). But the backwards cap could be just functionality. When i shoot, I often take off my cap if I have one because I don't like the bill interfering with my field of view (unless the sun a factor).
You hit the nail on the head for me with juvenile, I thought shooter was trying to appear younger, a younger male.

<modsnip - quoted post was generalization about a generation with no relevant info about this case>
Maybe this murderer's mental health issues were severe enough to warrant Social Security Disability or SSI benefits.

My sympathy is for her parents.They gave her a good education, a place to live and she's wrecked their lives. I guess that was her goal.

Moo....
<snipped for focus>

She didn't care. It was all about her.

Her mother clearly cared for her deeply. They had different values, but the killer still chose to live there at 28 years old.

The parents are victims.

Could be. Hard to say, but we know that how she dressed that day was significant for her. LE said that she pre-planned the murders in her writings that she left behind, including how she planned to dress that day, what she planned to wear. For the cameras, I assume.
Very Klebold like, IMHO. The cammies. The backwards hat. The malevolence.

You just don't shot up a school and kill 6 people because your parents or others hurt your feelings. FFS.

I mean are people actually trying to use "her parents didn't accept her" as an excuse?

National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). Being INVOL. COMMITTED to MENTAL INST., by a COURT is different from having Mental ILLNESS.
What buyer is going to check off Yes for mental illness?? ...
snipped for focus. @Luna20 My apologies for caps, but I cannot bold, underscore, etc. posts here.
Yes, absolutely, positively, in completing form, prospective gun buyers w or without mental illness could lie on any question.

If you re-read my post quoting ATF Form 4473,* you'll see the form does NOT ask applicants to disclose whether they have a "MENTAL ILLNESS."

Question 11f asks:
"Have you ever been adjudicated as a mental defective or have you ever been committed to a mental institution? (See Instructions for Question 11.f)."

The ^ meaning: a COURT DETERMINATION that the applicant is "mentally defective" or a COURT ORDER INVOLUNTARILY COMMITTING person to a MENTAL INSTITUTION, w detailed explanation of both phrases in Q. 11f at page 4.

IDK whether Hale was medically diagnosed w a "mental illness" or was treated for a mental illness.
Regardless ATF Form 4473 does not ask whether person has "mental illness," but asks about COURT DETERMINATIONS and ORDERS.
"Mental illness" in and of itself does not disqualify a person from buying a firearm.

A member who posted ---
"...If she had mental illness then she would not be permitted to purchase any weapons legally. One of the questions on the background check specifically asks that..."
--- is mistaken, imo.

Her parents hated her so much that they let a 28 year old whose work ethic may, or may not, have been exactly steady continue to live in their home?

Evidently, their only request was that she not model certain sexual / gender expressions directly in front of them in their home. They apparently, however, were willing to tolerate the existence of those expressions as long as they occurred outside the home.

In short, I just dont see the hatred- at least not from the parents.
Evidently, their only request was that their child not be themselves in their own home.
I can't speak to "certain sexual expressions" because I'm not familiar with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53