TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

REVEALED: Hero Nashville cop who took down transgender school shooter is Marine Corps vet who responded to Christmas 2020 bombing - while work partner was awarded for his sterling policing just last week

• Michael Collazo, 31, and Rex Engelbert, 27, of the Nashville Metro Police, have been hailed heroes after taking down Audrey Hale, 28, on Monday
  • Collazo is a Marine Corps veteran who responded to the Christmas 2020 bombing, and has also worked as a firefighter and SWAT team paramedic
  • Engelbert received an award last week for 'precision policing' for his work recovering more than 20 stolen credit cards, a handgun, and fentanyl

That article is pretty disgraceful imo. She was 28 and still living with her parents so how "rejected" was she really?
Some parents would see calling their daughter instead a son as enabling and setting the child up for a lifetime of heartbreak.If you genuinely do not believe (or think) that a female can become a male, you'd have a hard time thinking that trying to become the opposite is the best life for your child IMO.

Evidently, their only request was that their child not be themselves in their own home.
I can't speak to "certain sexual expressions" because I'm not familiar with those.
Interesting. I did not know that the parents were angry about her gender identity. Were they not permitting male attire? Not using proper pronouns? Not using new name?

Sorry...I'm jumping off of your post. I hadn't seen or read anything indicating her parents were doing this?

Since the clothes she wore was a deliberate choice and she wrote about it in her pre-planning documents, we may learn more about that in her manifesto once it is released.
Good point, I'd forgotten LE said she even planned what she'd wear that day.
Can you even imgaine planning a freaking wardrobe for the day you're going to kill people? Ugh. :mad:

Have LE actually revealed a motive at all, or is all this just creepy, salacious media doing what they always do, and steering our attention on the one thing that will cause the most controversy?

I shared the article because I found the content interesting.

I do not believe her parents are to blame.

There is only one person to blame and that's Hale.
Sorry, I didn't meant to imply you were blaming her parents. Not at all.
Someone asked for a link to an example of people blaming her parents and that DM article is a whopper of an example.

Good point, I'd forgotten LE said she even planned what she'd wear that day.
Can you even imgaine planning a freaking wardrobe for the day you're going to kill people? Ugh. :mad:
She looked very boy-ish plus, no offense to boys, but shooting up schools is something boys do more than anyone else. She could have been putting on a role.

Last edited:
Your response implies in your world there is no excuse as if I didn't clearly state there was no justification or excuse for her actions. Yeah, she could have moved out. If her parents hate her, and she moves out, her parents still hate her and she is still missing a large support system. Doesn't mean it's okay to murder innocent people but the facts are the facts. This incident also isn't a justification for certain political spectrums to malign all trans people out in the world.
As usual, DM has no named source for this click-bait rubbish!

Clearly, DM previously published photos of shooter in the parents home with mom and brother dressed in "skater boy" gear not so different than what shooter was wearing when they arrived at school to massacre children.

MOO

You just don't shot up a school and kill 6 people because your parents or others hurt your feelings. FFS.

I mean are people actually trying to use "her parents didn't accept her" as an excuse?

Yes. Some actually are.

Some of us are interested in reasons.

Reasons are not excuses; let’s be clear.

Reasons educate us so we can mitigate dangers in our own lives, warn others when needed and summon help when we see indicators.

All imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members