CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. FBI/BAU has long used the term pathway of violence to explain the behavior of a perp from conception to implementing the plan and acting on their grievance. IMO, this is why Judge Werner instructed Grusing to cease using the term "pathway of violence" since he was not previously qualified to testify as an expert in behavioral profiling. JMO
Do they usually talk about it when giving live evidence in an ongoing trial?

Admit it. We all want to hear more about "Cash Belly".

Catching you up if you missed it-- Letecia told Albert about Cash Belly on the phone convo we listened to this morning. The pregnant woman that wasn't really pregnant, but was wearing a fake tummy full of money. She got in the vehicle with Letecia, and forced her to go into Petco.

Letecia said to Albert, "I need you to believe someone took Gannon." She's given Albert so many choices of who might've taken Gannon... maybe it's Cash Belly.

Last edited:
Stunning....
She keeps saying "I don't know" yet remembers small things like: Little sis 'faking sleep' and Gannon trips behind her.

It burns me the dogs are taken out before Gannon is rescued.

Her, "they had some family meeting" --was her pysco video. That video doesn't show that she was cool about it all. It certainly doesn't show they could afford to replace it, and that was fine. She had him believing they were going to sell the couch to pay for stuff. Ugh!

Claiming the candle lighting was a normal thing Gannon did is opposite of what HH testified to.

Gannon slept in his room in a cold basement not in her room with her (HH was there). Not in Little sis's room for a bit.

And here is the clincher, the reason she did the fire: "They all decided to agree to 'exaggerate' the fire to get AS to come home."
RBBM. I heard that, too! It was almost at the end before the lunch break. Added with her statement to Det Bethel that "He really got a little more burned than he should have" and that looks like exactly what her intent was. Gannon was murdered because of her narcissistic rage at not getting Al to come home and to cover up the child abuse.

JMO malignant NPD

I feel like I'm alone in being the only one who doesn't see her as trying to shame Gannon in any way about his digestive issues. <modsnip> How hurtful and unhelpful that must be to those who suffer from conditions like that. The ONLY thing that she seems to have done ok with until this murder is to have coped with it, and with Gannon's needs in that respect. She's using it as an incidental part of all her many 'alibis' for the time period in which the murder took place, but that's different from 'shaming' him.
I agree that the defendant shamed Gannon about his digestive issues. She shamed him about a lot of things. She was jealous of him. It's difficult enough to have any type of medical issue let alone if someone is belittling you about it... it will hurt a person's self-esteem. moo

Last edited by a moderator:

District Attorney Michael Allen asks Grusing why he'd question whether Stauch about being of sound mind. He explained he's spoke with the DA's office and was already thinking ahead to trial.

He asks about Letecia's statements explaining her behavior toward Al. It seemed to Grusing that she was trying to make Al come back to her. They discuss grievance mentality, if grievance can be a pathway to violence. There's an object from the defense.

The 20-minute phone call between LS and AS that was played this morning was the best of the bunch. It placed the cherry on top of the sundae. LS fabricated a brand new story of a pregnant woman entering the passenger seat of LS car at Petco. But lady wasn't really pregnant. Her belly was filled with money. If you haven't seen it, it is worth a watch.

Yes.

Grusing talked last Wednesday on the stand about grievances a suspect would have that build this pathway to violence.
Then he pointed out some of the things LS said in the phone calls with AS ( which Grusing was listening in on and coaching AS right by his side)

LS definitely had complaints ( grievances).

Witnesses, even law enforcement are only allowed to say certain things on the stand - they can’t speculate about what LS might have been thinking. But can speak to her words and actions.

The DA is allowed in closing arguments to lay out a narrative and a motive for the Jury to understand the “ why” she did it and what drove her. ( her grievances)

You’re going to want to hold onto your hat when they start calling the mental health experts!

JMO

I feel like I'm alone in being the only one who doesn't see her as trying to shame Gannon in any way about his digestive issues. <modsnip>. How hurtful and unhelpful that must be to those who suffer from conditions like that. The ONLY thing that she seems to have done ok with until this murder is to have coped with it, and with Gannon's needs in that respect. She's using it as an incidental part of all her many 'alibis' for the time period in which the murder took place, but that's different from 'shaming' him.
We may find out whether Gannon had bathrooming issues on the hike. What is clear to me is that T was purposefully making an issue of something wholly outside Gannon's control. If he had three accidents on that hike, she is the worst mother/stepmother/person in the world. Go home already!!

Jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking about the witness again.

Prosecution is clarifying that the witness never claimed to be a profiler, just trained by them. That this was made clear in his introduction.

Judge says that he has an instruction that he can give the jury to clarify the witness's status if they need to.

Bringing jury back in.

The prosecution then played portions of Grusing's interrogation of Stauch at the Myrtle Beach police department. He informed her that she was being arrested for murder. He gives her a sheet with listing her Miranda rights and has her sign and initial it.

So, Gannon was murdered, she asked. Grusing explained they can't have that conversation unless she's advised of her rights. Stauch says she has an attorney but the information is in her phone.

Letecia agrees to speak with Grusing. During the conversation tells him Gannon is alive and I can help you but I'm going to need someone who is going to help me. She said she needs protection for her family. He asks her how she knows Gannon is alive.

Letecia replies that she can't say 100 percent, but it leads back to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Grusing explains that it's a crime to lie to investigators under federal law.

Later in the recording, Letecia explains how she knew that her calls with Al were being recorded. The things she said to him were out of anger, was hurt by him not wanting to work together.

Another part of the recording is played for the jury. Grusing asks Stauch if she's of sound mind, asks about any treatments for depression, anxiety. Stauch said she takes a prescription for anxiety. Talks about how she's been taking care of our kids for so long.

District Attorney Michael Allen asks Grusing why he'd question whether Stauch about being of sound mind. He explained he's spoke with the DA's office and was already thinking ahead to trial.

He asks about Letecia's statements explaining her behavior toward Al. It seemed to Grusing that she was trying to make Al come back to her. They discuss grievance mentality, if grievance can be a pathway to violence. There's an object from the defense.

I agree that the defendant shamed Gannon about his digestive issues. She shamed him about a lot of things. She was jealous of him. It's difficult enough to have any type of medical issue let alone if someone is belittling you about it... it will hurt a person's self-esteem. moo
My point was that she wasn't shaming him. I think other people are thinking it's shameful and somehow unmentionable.

Defense is continuing to harp on their objection to Grusing testimony. IMO Defense is a wasting time. Defense claims it plans to bring up the objection again as testimony continues. I hope defense isn't trying to run out the clock so entire interview can't be played before court is adjourned for weekend.

Yes but more important, Grusing started his testimony today by stating he was not an FBI profiler himself.

Judge just addressed this live (after lunch w/o jurors present) and he will be giving the jurors instructions that Grusing testimony is not as an expert in certain areas.

My son was 11 when he started really having a hard time issues like this ,it was so hard and stressful. I cannot picture someone treating my son this way. It really makes me so angry the way she treated him. I really would like them to give her truth serum. And make her listen to the truth roll off her own lips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member