ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the subject of divorce & re marriage on the cult side of PAP ( not the broader LDS side) ....
There's another show on HTC where Lauren and researcher Julie trawl through Chad's past comments about Tammy. They draw various sources together., if anybody interested I will post the link.
I’d like the link.

I hesitate to ask this and open myself up to a lot of Ayn Rand fanboy/girling, but who is John Gallt?
John Glatt is the author of

The Doomsday Mother: Lori Vallow, Chad Daybell, and the End of an American Family​

The book is on Amazon. I read it when it came out. It could get someone who hasn't followed the case up to speed quickly - most of the significant facts, legal documents, and witness interviews are covered. I just looked through Glatt's book last week and noticed I'd highlighted quotes from people who knew Lori and described her as high maintenance, addicted to drama, and unable to walk past a mirror without looking at herself. That description sounds accurate to me.

My own opinion.

Last edited:
From what I have seen in the trial, I think MG believed in Chad's teaching, without the killing part. But I'm not convinced DW ever bought into ANY of the main ideas that Chad invented.

The relationship of DW to CD, by all accounts, is that DW is a fellow "teacher" with his own set of beliefs (ie, not a subordinate in any way), and DW preceded CD. They ran in the same "get prepared" circles (if I understand correctly), but Chad's light/dark and zombies and "we are the gatherers of the 144,000" and the ideas of CD/LVD personally interacting with Jesus and Moroni and angels, all that was invented by Chad (and/or Lori). That being the case, I would expect other "get prepared" teachers might tend to look at such ideas side-eyed and with significant skepticism, and perhaps with some degree of superiority to CD, and the fact that DW did NOT co-publish with CD hints that he might have been one who all along felt it to be a lot of hogwash. As I see it.

I will add that I think that DW was in their orbit at times because CD and the others were still hoping to persuade DW to buy into the nonsense, and using various means of attempted persuasion (including sleepovers, marriage, private talks, etc) but to no avail.

You have described DW much better than i did or could. But thank you for this, because it is how I see him. Any of us, who have spent a lot of time in higher academia, or around professorial types will understand those degrees of superiority that they have over each other. A lot of the "superiority testing" and dualling is rather silent or subtle but IS there.

I have wondered about the "preparing the people" types are doing now..... I really think all those side groups were a growing trend, but my guess is that the Chad/Lori fiasco has bludgeouned some of these movements....

The LDS Church must be casting wider eyes and wider nets, when they see such activities..........

all moo.

on the subject of divorce & re marriage on the cult side of PAP ( not the broader LDS side) ....
There's another show on HTC where Lauren and researcher Julie trawl through Chad's past comments about Tammy. They draw various sources together., if anybody interested I will post the link.

It has details such as Chad having had multiple affairs; having spoken to others about his supposed visions that T would die young but this was prior to meeting Lori; that quite a few men in the more extreme cult groups were also using this line with women they planned to seduce!
wtte of ' I've had a vision my spouse will die early so I will be free...'

Edited to add: Also Re Lori's family & Alex , HTC also has the interview with writer John Gallt. Gallt managed to get
That sounds just like Scott Peterson telling Amber Frey, "This will be my first Christmas without my wife" right before he killed Laci.

I hesitate to ask this and open myself up to a lot of Ayn Rand fanboy/girling, but who is John Gallt?
just a writer. I'd never heard of him before either & got his surname wrong.
ex journalist who does a lot of true crime &seems to have done a lot of early research on this case. I haven't read his book but had seen this interview

edited to add- just noticed already asked &answered by Jolyanna

Last edited:
I know the prosecution said TD died of asphyxiation but was there any testimony on what caused the asphyxiatio? Or are we expecting there to be?

And I know that Tylee’s body was burned and dismembered and JJ’s was bound but was this the cause of death or done to the bodies after death? Have we had any testimony on that or are we expecting any?

Also, I’m waiting for DNA evidence - specifically on the duct tape, hair, & tools from CD property as it seems to have really riled up his lawyers and changed the judge’s mind on severing the trials so I’m hoping that means it is very incriminating for CD. Has prosecution given any idea when that might be coming?

Has their witness list been made public? I know they had to submit one to the court but I haven’t been able to find it so I’m thinking it may not be something released to the public.

I know the prosecution said TD died of asphyxiation but was there any testimony on what caused the asphyxiatio? Or are we expecting there to be?

And I know that Tylee’s body was burned and dismembered and JJ’s was bound but was this the cause of death or done to the bodies after death? Have we had any testimony on that or are we expecting any?

Also, I’m waiting for DNA evidence - specifically on the duct tape, hair, & tools from CD property as it seems to have really riled up his lawyers and changed the judge’s mind on severing the trials so I’m hoping that means it is very incriminating for CD. Has prosecution given any idea when that might be coming?

Has their witness list been made public? I know they had to submit one to the court but I haven’t been able to find it so I’m thinking it may not be something released to the public.
Not yet on Tammy, but I think it was determined to be strangulation vs. smothering, and it was determined to be at the hands of another, so that would indicate that it wasn't from her choking on something.

1 I know the prosecution said TD died of asphyxiation but was there any testimony on what caused the asphyxiatio? Or are we expecting there to be?

2 And I know that Tylee’s body was burned and dismembered and JJ’s was bound but was this the cause of death or done to the bodies after death? Have we had any testimony on that or are we expecting any?

3 Also, I’m waiting for DNA evidence - specifically on the duct tape, hair, & tools from CD property as it seems to have really riled up his lawyers and changed the judge’s mind on severing the trials so I’m hoping that means it is very incriminating for CD. Has prosecution given any idea when that might be coming?

4 Has their witness list been made public? I know they had to submit one to the court but I haven’t been able to find it so I’m thinking it may not be something released to the public.

1 "Asphyxiation" is simply oxygen being cut off. They apparently were able to find something to allow them to say it wasn't natural causes, and made the assertion that "someone" did it in the opening, but whether that's just convenient LE assumption, or whether they have found amply and obvious support for the idea, we don't know yet.

Since it wasn't something obvious (the first ME said it was natural), I'd wager their assertion will be strenuously disputed and challenged when we get to that point.

2 We don't know yet. And they may or may not have details to offer later.

3 To keep it clear, it was NOT the DNA evidence itself that caused the trials to be severed. And the inference seemed to be that it might be very helpful to the defense. But LE had dawdled and missed the deadline to get it to the defense to examine and perhaps be able to use in this trial, as required by law. Last we heard, it still wasn't ready.

What severed the trials was that Lori wanted a speedy trial, as is her right, and didn't want to wait for this evidence that was still not being provided. There was no way to delay the trial legally. But CD wanted his full evidence and was in no hurry to get to trial. Both defendants were in the right as to what they wanted, so there was no choice but to have the trials separately.

4 Witness lists were not made public.

John Glatt is the author of

The Doomsday Mother: Lori Vallow, Chad Daybell, and the End of an American Family​

people who knew Lori and described her as high maintenance, addicted to drama, and unable to walk past a mirror without looking at herself.
"high maintenance, addicted to drama, and unable to walk past a mirror without looking at herself" Sounds about right! IMO

Last edited:

There has been no testimony from the coroner/medical examiner regarding any of the victim's causes of death thus far, so far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2