4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, 2022 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Technically, you are not supposed to enter the intersection for any reason after...[light turns red]." LE is very nice to him.

Explains what a red light means several times. He dissembles/argues. Argues a lot, IMO. Makes excuses. Wow.

IMO.

I remember a discussion where we were wondering what his voice sounds like....well now we know.

Terrible driver, pulled over 4 times that we know of in under 6 months.

WOW, he is definitely dissembling arguing. Wonder if he got a ticket?

Here's a thought. What if DM recognizes his voice?

Would like to see the Judge lift the gag order for families. They are doing / grieving as families do. They should
be able to speak-out and answer some of these queries / questions. Let them speak.

I think some of the families also want to start foundations or charities. In my own lifetime, this has been a common thing for bereaved families to do (and not just due to murder). I feel so badly for these families, not being able to do that, because apparently any mention of the case could put them in legal jeopardy.

That doesn't seem right. I hope there's a ruling soon. The families should have the right to grieve (including human speech, which is central to human existence) as they see fit.

IMO.

I remember a discussion where we were wondering what his voice sounds like....well now we know.

He was let off with a warning this time.

I just watched the long version on YouTube, and LE says she's not giving him a ticket.....

It would be great if DM recognizes his voice, but the words he said where she could hear him are few.....

4 warnings then, no wonder he never learns. Stopped 4 times we know of and only gets a seatbelt violation.sid

That's what we've been discussing at my house. That doesn't happen to anyone I know. But, some college towns are very loose about nabbing/ticketing students. That means that students (where I work) drive in the most egregious ways and do all kinds of against-the-law things that would not be okay outside the immediate campus (I have data on this, and statements from LE, but that's not something I can present here).

I am NOT saying that LE is in any way responsible, only that it's weird that someone got stopped 4 times (not counting the stops on his way to PA??) and didn't get a ticket. I doubt any record was communicated at daily LE meetings (do places still have daily LE meetings, where the On Duty supervisor shares what happened in the days and week before?) Maybe they need more police?

Definitely paints a picture of a man who might feel entitled. I work in a largely "minority" area (and my daughter teaches at a 97% minority school - the kids there get tickets for every single thing, IMO - but it's a different state and a different set of LEO's).

I feel as if he knows that Random Woman won't recognize his voice from this encounter. And he also knows that these low level encounters are unlikely to produce any ongoing sense of him as a lawbreaker. It's only after someone does something much worse, that these matters come up.

IMO. But they will be evidence.

She said "I'm not writing a ticket or anything" @ 8:10 in.

ByMikeBaker

We also received 166 pages related to December search of Kohberger's apartment, including details on blood testing (2 things presumptive positive) and items collected. Sharing the full file, as I know many are watching the facts of this case closely: https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/kohberger-search-records-from-wsu/6e5a6ce24a286a06/full.pdf
Wow. They are really being thorough if they are looking at a pizza cutter. I wonder if they look at absolutely everything, or if a pizza cutter was of interest to them for reasons unknown to us.

1683256040552.png

Last edited:
"Technically, you are not supposed to enter the intersection for any reason after...[light turns red]." LE is very nice to him.

Explains what a red light means several times. He dissembles/argues. Argues a lot, IMO. Makes excuses. Wow.

IMO.

Not making excuses for him but if he's not neurotypical, going through every permutation of a situation can be a trait of autism.

Altho he did come of as politely and humbly excusing that he'd made an mistake by refusing to acknowledge the error just going round every permutation of saying 'yeah, but...' rationalisations

I figure LE already had him on their radar due to behaviors at the time, but of course, they can only report incident-by-incident.

Maybe some here do not live in neighborhoods in small towns (Moscow's population is about 26,000 - the size of my hometown, which has different dynamics to larger towns). It's true that it's only 8.2 miles from Pullman, which is the same situation as my hometown (except that Hometown has no college and the college in the next town is 10 miles away).

The local police's view about late night activity is complex, IME, but tries to result in a "safe space" for students.

Late night activity is carefully watched by LE in both the small town where I live, but also in the smallish towns next door. Further, Campus Police pay even more attention to such things. Moscow PD showed its commitment in the bodycam videos released. They try to be nice, but vigilant.

Out-of-state license plates are a thing that LE watches (I know this because I teach at police academies and am active in consulting with local LE). That can work both for and against BK - but in this case, makes him come up on police radar (which might work for his defense). I believe that's why they gave him multiple messages (via SM/presser). They could see that his car fit all the markers they were seeking, but they didn't want to zero in on a person who had an innocent reason for being there.

Until his DNA showed up.

IMO.
Are you thinking then, 10ofRods, that LE was already aware of BK and the type of vehicle he drove before they put out the request for information from the public on identifying the white Elantra?
I was gobsmacked at the fact that LE must have had his car identified in their own files since his first encounter with them back in August. But I don't know if they keep a data base of all traffic stops or if they checked it before their public appeal. (If they did, wouldn't they have known the correct year of the car?)
I dunno. The more I know, the more questions I have.

Still the cars are virtually identical.
Where was BK during the 3:00-5:00 am hours.
Where was any other Elantra from, where did it go?
Identifications of car shape, color, wheels, bumper stickers, decals, rust marks, dents, etc etc have all been used as cause or circumstantial evidence in cases.

Prosecutors are not going to have any problem whatsoever with this. They'll be able to show the jury the video and go into great detail about how/why the car was misidentified and why the expert changed his mind.

I think the inclusion of the grocery store visit is an indication that LE can point to physical characteristics in 'the night of' Elantra that matches those of the grocery store Elantra BK was driving.

With this 3rd request from AT, looks like she’s pulling out all the stops to find something to get the DNA evidence thrown out. I suppose this is a step most criminal defense atty’s take or is this alarming?
This is completely normal and it would be a failure on the part of the defense not to do this imo. It's not just about getting it suppressed. It's about chain of custody, quality of testing, conversations around it, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms