OR - 6 women found dead near Portland, most in secluded, wooded area, Feb 19 - May 8, 2023 *POI of 4*

Oh, I also read someone say truckers would travel 100s of miles from truck stops to leave bodies. Not ordinarily. The Fbi has a serial killer trucker task group where they have linked bodies found off the sides of interstates to serial killing truckers. I almost always consider truckers when it comes to these cases but based on where JS was found, I rule that out. It is surprising to me if someone drives 30+ minutes with a body I their car. Which leads me to wonder. What if these girls got in someone's car and went for a drive for whatever reason? I do think these women went missing from somewhere in Portland area; maybe a max stop, 82nd, milwaukie, downtown portland, or clackamas areas. I guess driving out 30+ minutes isn't outside of possibilities, I just thought of Gary ridgeway. Sidenote, I think JS looked taller and not petite. I don't think any of the girls really look alike.

Oops! PPB is Portland Police Bureau. :) I’m not used to talking about Portland cases on websleuths. It’s so rare that anything like this happens here.

Found February 19 - May 8. I don't see any real connection between the cases though, no reason to believe they're related. Portland has been becoming more urban for some time now.

I know there are camps around where AR was last seen, but there also are in the area that she was found? In the middle of nowhere south of Damascus? I wouldn’t have thought that was the case, but if so then that is helpful.

I grew up in Portland but haven’t lived there in ~15 years (though I’m usually there a couple times a year), so I don’t know where a lot of the camps are. That area that AR was found in is the only one in all of this that I’m not familiar with.

The striking thing to me about the 205 connection is that it will get you to all of the faraway dump sites without passing through downtown. No bodies found to the west, and I suspect that’s why.
I205 will get you to the Columbia Gorge and from the location they took the Gorge Historic Highway off I84 after exiting 205for dumping the one body. You have access off 205 easily to all the dump sites. You can get to more remote areas faster off 205 versus the West Side.

Interstate 84 is the longest freeway in Oregon, at over 375 miles in length, and is the only Interstate to traverse the state from west to east. Curious if a long haul trucker may have been responsible....
I find it hard to believe a trucker was involved in these due to the location of the body found in the Columbia Gorge where I grew up. A semi truck wouldn’t be able to drive on the Gorge Historic Highway because it’s too narrow with too many curves! They would stick out!!

Oh, I also read someone say truckers would travel 100s of miles from truck stops to leave bodies. Not ordinarily. The Fbi has a serial killer trucker task group where they have linked bodies found off the sides of interstates to serial killing truckers. I almost always consider truckers when it comes to these cases but based on where JS was found, I rule that out. It is surprising to me if someone drives 30+ minutes with a body I their car. Which leads me to wonder. What if these girls got in someone's car and went for a drive for whatever reason? I do think these women went missing from somewhere in Portland area; maybe a max stop, 82nd, milwaukie, downtown portland, or clackamas areas. I guess driving out 30+ minutes isn't outside of possibilities, I just thought of Gary ridgeway. Sidenote, I think JS looked taller and not petite. I don't think any of the girls really look alike.
Moving a body that far is unusual, but I do think that’s what is happening. (And I am mostly referencing JS, CP and BW here, as those are the three to me that are almost definitely related).

Which makes a pretty weird dichotomy—clearly the killer is comfortable enough to move bodies long distances, but the actual dump sites, from what I can tell, are not all that concealed and honestly kind of lazy. Makes me wonder if the killer is smaller in stature and/or in somewhat poor health.

And to reference your previous post, what you noted about JS location I think is true of all three (and probably true of AR too): there were MUCH better dump sites close by in each of those areas, which suggests to me that he had only a basic familiarity with the locations.

I205 will get you to the Columbia Gorge and from the location they took the Gorge Historic Highway off I84 after exiting 205for dumping the one body. You have access off 205 easily to all the dump sites. You can get to more remote areas faster off 205 versus the West Side.
Yes, all of the sites are easily off 205. I think the killer lives on the east side, not far from 205. There are plenty of spots that would be perfect for concealing a body on the west side and yet all of these are linked to the east side. Even the sites in Ridgefield and Polk county are easily accessible from I205. I think that’s one of the biggest connections I can see in this case at this time other than some of the girls possibly being part of more vulnerable populations. That could change further down the road.

MOO

Moving a body that far is unusual, but I do think that’s what is happening. (And I am mostly referencing JS, CP and BW here, as those are the three to me that are almost definitely related).

Which makes a pretty weird dichotomy—clearly the killer is comfortable enough to move bodies long distances, but the actual dump sites, from what I can tell, are not all that concealed and honestly kind of lazy. Makes me wonder if the killer is smaller in stature and/or in somewhat poor health.

And to reference your previous post, what you noted about JS location I think is true of all three (and probably true of AR too): there were MUCH better dump sites close by in each of those areas, which suggests to me that he had only a basic familiarity with the locations.
I agree with this. I think our killer is lazy. He doesn’t seem to conceal the bodies. Just dumps in areas that don’t have as much traffic.

If KS is linked, it sounds like at first he was dumping closer to where he picked them up. Maybe he got scared after and started driving them further out. When KS went missing there was a lot of attention. Facebook lit up and she was on the news. AR was reported missing and I had no idea until she was found.

Looks like the unidentified one listed was actually found in a tent and it was not considered suspicious per this Koin news video.

They only have manner and cause of death for one of the five other women and it was blunt force trauma.

I’m freaked. I don’t remember a serial killer in Portland at all since I’ve been alive. Ones before I was born, sure. I wish they’d let us know if there is a risk to the public/ if the cases are linked. I guess time will tell. But I’m avoiding my nature walk tonight.

Maybe not Portland. I once drove down to Portland from WA for an exam. It is about 3 hours only boring as there are fewer buildings visible on I-5 driving South. It is a pretty abandoned area, starting after Tacoma and extended to Oregon.

And remember Ore is a good reason for Washington residents to drive to. Smaller taxes, some unique stores, the coast or even work.

I would like to know if the disappearances happened around weekends, or not. You can’t imagine how easy it is to drive to Portland or Oregon Coast for the weekend even with the family and then, oh, you guys are shopping? I am off to the restaurant. I am not saying it is not a local but I strongly believe my state should not be excluded.

Last edited:
I agree with this. I think our killer is lazy. He doesn’t seem to conceal the bodies. Just dumps in areas that don’t have as much traffic.

If KS is linked, it sounds like at first he was dumping closer to where he picked them up. Maybe he got scared after and started driving them further out. When KS went missing there was a lot of attention. Facebook lit up and she was on the news. AR was reported missing and I had no idea until she was found.
Our killer wants to get out of the area ASAP. Not to be seen there. I wonder if there are any cameras in the area?

The odd thing about KS is that she was found in a much more populated area than any of the others, but had the longest gap between going missing and being found. So maybe she was in fact more concealed/further off the road than the others.

This is a big part of why I lean away from KS being related—the killer is going to move bodies way further away, but at the same time conceal them LESS? Maybe, but it doesn’t really track for me.

But she could be related, and if she is I think what you suggest is exactly right.

Case Threads​

Even though many believe she is not related to this, since she has been mentioned in this case, I wanted to add her WS link here too.

Our killer wants to get out of the area ASAP. Not to be seen there. I wonder if there are any cameras in the area?
I wondered the same. AR had been seen at Gateway TC and KS was seen at Mall 205 and I know there are tons of cameras around those locations. I feel like Portland police must have footage but I think they are going to be tight lipped.

Even though many believe she is not related to this, since she has been mentioned in this case, I wanted to add her WS link here too.
Thank you. Yeah, officials have said her death wasn’t suspicious, but I still want to figure out her identity so that she can be remembered by those that loved her, have a proper burial. From the facts we do know, I think it’s likely she may have died from fentanyl poisoning or the harsh environment she was living in. Still incredibly sad.

ETA MOO

happy face killer (jespersen) drove around w bodies for distance but i do agree w you its odd and probably not what most SK do.

So is there a serial killer or not? I'm confused. There were articles earlier in the thread that said PPB say they aren't connected while there are other articles saying police are looking to see if they're connected. Did I miss something? I did only skim this thread so I could just be an idiot. JMO

So is there a serial killer or not? I'm confused. There were articles earlier in the thread that said PPB say they aren't connected while there are other articles saying police are looking to see if they're connected. Did I miss something? I did only skim this thread so I could just be an idiot. JMO
It hasn’t been officially confirmed by law enforcement. Some LE are thinking it’s possible, but they are still combing through evidence and looking for similarities between the cases. KS was found in Portland and Portland police have not released a cause or manner of death or deemed it suspicious. One of the women has been confirmed a homicide and the other three are suspicious. It’s playing out across multiple jurisdictions, so I think that’s making it more confusing and taking time.

I think that out of the six JS was more personal. The viciousness,and brutality, is to me indicative of familiarity to her,and some level of comfort and trust on her part. Also for him to take the time and effort to travel across state lines, and take that big of a risk with her. (Where the others were left in Oregon). MOO

I think that out of the six JS was more personal. The viciousness,and brutality, is to me indicative of familiarity to her,and some level of comfort and trust on her part. Also for him to take the time and effort to travel across state lines, and take that big of a risk with her. (Where the others were left in Oregon). MOO
Maybe so.

It may also be that her COD was just easier to assess because her body was in a barn so less exposed than the others, plus she was found more quickly after her last contact date than any of the others aside from maybe BW (whose last contact is unknown, at least as far as I know).

It hasn’t been officially confirmed by law enforcement. Some LE are thinking it’s possible, but they are still combing through evidence and looking for similarities between the cases. KS was found in Portland and Portland police have not released a cause or manner of death or deemed it suspicious. One of the women has been confirmed a homicide and the other three are suspicious. It’s playing out across multiple jurisdictions, so I think that’s making it more confusing and taking time.

Thank you for the clarification. I'll probably try and read more into the individual cases tonight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pakaberry
Back