Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, dismembering is done for a number of reasons.

The dismembering at Gilgo and Manorville was done when it was still a pretty good way to prevent or delay victim identification. DNA science has now advanced to the point that it's not really necessarily worth the effort. Victim DNA is uploaded to databases that cross jurisdictional boundaries, and so putting someone's head and hands one place and legs another and torso somewhere else doesn't stop that connection from being made like it used to. Even without a face, you can get an ID if your victim's close kin opt in on GEDmatch. They don't need a fresh, intact body with dentals or fingerprints, they just need someone's auntie to spit in a tube and post it to a DNA company, from a kit she got from her kids for Christmas.

Of course, people still dismember for other reasons - gratification, or ease of transportation. Those will never go away. But if RH did dismember some victims, and if he did it for reasons other than hindering identification, the key would probably be, what was he driving? By the time the GB4 disappeared, or at least Amber, he had the Avalanche, which is amply large enough to transport a petite victim intact to the beach. Did he use to drive a smaller car?

MOO

That's a really good point actually, and begs the question which came first the murders or the chevvy avalanche.

I think RH was cheap. He paid them for sex (maybe offering double the standard rate) and then killed them to get his money back, plus taking whatever money they had on them already. News articles say his wife was always poor and drove an old car, so he hoards his money. He never intended to pay. Also, in order to dismember a body, you have to have a place to do it, like a murder house. Maybe he had access to a vacant house at one time, but later lost that.

I think RH was cheap. He paid them for sex (maybe offering double the standard rate) and then killed them to get his money back, plus taking whatever money they had on them already. News articles say his wife was always poor and drove an old car, so he hoards his money. He never intended to pay. Also, in order to dismember a body, you have to have a place to do it, like a murder house. Maybe he had access to a vacant house at one time, but later lost that.
Or storage units…

Not paying or taking his money back along with any other money they may have had on them is a “perk” for him but I don’t believe that was his purpose. That’s an awful lot of work and risk for a couple hundred bucks, if even that much. And he was actively visiting massage parlors and seeking out SW’s since his identity came to light and he’s been watched by LE, so he’s been paying for at least some services. He’s definitely cheap but he had other dark, twisted motives for killing.

Or storage units…

Yeah what's up with that why does he Need 2?

Not paying or taking his money back along with any other money they may have had on them is a “perk” for him but I don’t believe that was his purpose. That’s an awful lot of work and risk for a couple hundred bucks, if even that much. And he was actively visiting massage parlors and seeking out SW’s since his identity came to light and he’s been watched by LE, so he’s been paying for at least some services. He’s definitely cheap but he had other dark, twisted motives for killing.

Would make sense why the ruse upset him so much.

Wonder when and how he planned to clean everything up, throw stuff away. He's 59 but retirement years are approaching. He has the land in SC where he wanted to retire, but it would've taken time to secretly get rid of incriminating stuff. He has so much! Did he plan to haul the whole mess from the house and storage units with him to the empty lots in SC?

Whatever his plan was, it would take time, money, and effort to put it in place. Wonder what he had in mind to to?

jmo

Yeah what's up with that why does he Need 2?
RSBM

Not to throw water on the idea of the storage unit as a base for disposal of victims, because it's a good one, but I may have a personal insight, here, as someone with more than one hoarder in the extended family (one who's just as bad as any tv show you've seen) and packrat tendencies myself... They may just have got a unit when they ran out of room at home. And then when that was full, got a second.

As I said, doesn't mean he didn't use them for nefarious purposes or store trophies from victims, there, too.

MOO

I am still convinced RH will only be linked to the latter four victims found at Gilgo Beach and potentially SG. That’s not to say that he doesn’t have an unknown number of victims strewn about the country. The victims found at the other end of the beach were chopped up and parts found in other areas. I believe I read they were disposed in plastic as well. For those that believe they are RH victims, how do you explain the change in MO? I would think he would want to get credit for all and stick to one. Do you think he dug them up and relocated to his new trophy garden and that is why they found parts elsewhere? Maybe to confuse? These questions just bug me. Also, I understand that RH was unliked, but he was a white collar business man and had money at some point. He sounds like he fits the rich boys club attendees for the sex party that SG was hired for. I’m not sure we will ever know all that attended due to the coverup.
There's zero evidence SG was hired for a party. RH also doesn't seem like he would fit into any rich boy clubs. He's far from rich and has been described as weird and cheap. Far from your average country club gold member.

Wonder when and how he planned to clean everything up, throw stuff away. He's 59 but retirement years are approaching. He has the land in SC where he wanted to retire, but it would've taken time to secretly get rid of incriminating stuff. He has so much! Did he plan to haul the whole mess from the house and storage units with him to the empty lots in SC?

Whatever his plan was, it would take time, money, and effort to put it in place. Wonder what he had in mind to to?

jmo
Those empty lots in SC were waterfront/had access to water I believe. wouldn’t be too difficult to discard anything in the water with a boat.

RSBM

Not to throw water on the idea of the storage unit as a base for disposal of victims, because it's a good one, but I may have a personal insight, here, as someone with more than one hoarder in the extended family (one who's just as bad as any tv show you've seen) and packrat tendencies myself... They may just have got a unit when they ran out of room at home. And then when that was full, got a second.

As I said, doesn't mean he didn't use them for nefarious purposes or store trophies from victims, there, too.

MOO
Good point. At least one storage unit could be stuff left by his mom when she moved out of the house and he moved in. Who knows.

What a mess.

jmo

Those empty lots in SC were waterfront/had access to water I believe. wouldn’t be too difficult to discard anything in the water with a boat.
So he'd empty his house and storage units, haul it to SC, dump it in water? Could be. Who would load up the moving truck? I hate moving house and I live quite a minimal lifestyle. I can't image packing up and hauling evidence - a whole house of it plus storage units. Expensive too!

The logistics are overwhelming, but then again, he does like to solve problems.

jmo

RSBM

MOO

No you have a good point

There's zero evidence SG was hired for a party. RH also doesn't seem like he would fit into any rich boy clubs. He's far from rich and has been described as weird and cheap. Far from your average country club gold member.
I agree completely. The rich-boy crowd wouldn't want anything to do with RH. They might hire him to get building code hassles handled in the city, but they wouldn't want him in their personal lives. He's not likeable.

jmo

Good point. At least one storage unit could be stuff left by his mom when she moved out of the house and he moved in. Who knows.

What a mess.

jmo
That's very plausible. Right now, the big shed in our backyard contains mine and my partner's furniture, whitegoods, and random other things like cookware just in case this living with my mother thing goes wrong. We are disabled, and we would never be able to afford to replace it all. I also know there are boxes of my late grandmother's stuff piled up in the garage that one day, I am going to have to deal with. It's not sentimental stuff, it's random things, like shoes and soft furnishings, but at the time the house was being cleared, there was no time to sort it, and now they're just a problem for Future Me to deal with. Eventually.

You will be happy to hear we have no murder trophies, though. Just a lot of books about it.

MOO

Read somewhere about a FBI blackhawk in 2010/11 taking high resolution photos of Gilgo assisting in the search. The photos highlighting like 70 something areas of interest for the police to search along the coast. Anyone know if these pictures exists anywhere online?

Read somewhere about a FBI blackhawk in 2010/11 taking high resolution photos of Gilgo assisting in the search. The photos highlighting like 70 something areas of interest for the police to search along the coast. Anyone know if these pictures exists anywhere online?
Whoa.

I mean, the likelihood of all of those being bodies is pretty small, but if even a quarter were? That's a lot more victims.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member