Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if most married serial killer's start before or after getting married?

I think most of afrer the gb4 are not this a disgusting animals first murders.
Excellent question and don’t forget ~ he was married once before, which I believe that marriage didn’t produce any children but I’m super curious what his first marriage was like and why it ended in divorce.

IMO - I think he contacted her from a different number and pretended to be someone else (even though he told her the night before she owed him and gets credit for next time) and offered a large sum of cash. I don’t think she would have willingly left alone with him after what transpired the day before.
The problem with that idea, is she got in the car with him. She would have recognised him.

MOO

I see. Thanks for clarifying. The article was kind of confusing in it's wording.

This does bring up another question, though. DS tells the story that he came home and this guy was getting rough with Amber and that's why they got into a physical altercation. Perhaps Dave just didn't want to come clean about " the ruse ", I dunno. He never mention anything at all about the night BEFORE Amber went missing back in the early days. Not in public, anyway. But if this guy were such a threat to Amber the previous night, as DS states, then why would she agree to book a date with him the very next night. AND agree to leave her cell phone behind ? Alternately, if she and Dave had set the guy up the night before, why would she agree to book a date with him the very next night ? Is it possible that she didn't know the guy from " the ruse" was the same guy she was booking a date with until she saw him around the corner in his car ? Did he pull a gun on her and force her into the car ?

Just some random questions, I suppose.
This is why I question WHEN the information was actually given to authorities. AC and her roomies were not living the lifestyle to indicate they would have readily admitted to LE their own activities. Not on the first interview. Maybe not even on the 12th. Plus, IIRC, they did not even report her missing. Is that right? When did the roomies actually confess the ruse? When did they actually give the info to LE?

If you listen to the 911 call recording, you’ll notice that the victim doesn’t sound like she’s under any type of psychosis, drug induced or otherwise. The nature of the events surrounding her death remain highly suspicious, including the dubious reputation of the former police chief who oversaw the investigation.

I assume the new task force will also reinvestigate her death. Their work is not complete, with at least 4 other victims found in Gilgo Beach, there will be more answers forthcoming.
To me, her voice sounded like a person fighting to emerge from a drugged state a state that one did not self induce.. She was clamouring to emerge and it was pulling her back but she was making very great efforts to overcome it.
i believed her instinctively and because I have some experience.

I'd be interested to know what she had consumed and whether her drinks had been spiked..
I think it's vital her story be told and reinvestigated no matter how high the stakes are for anyone.

I am still convinced RH will only be linked to the latter four victims found at Gilgo Beach and potentially SG. That’s not to say that he doesn’t have an unknown number of victims strewn about the country. The victims found at the other end of the beach were chopped up and parts found in other areas. I believe I read they were disposed in plastic as well. For those that believe they are RH victims, how do you explain the change in MO? I would think he would want to get credit for all and stick to one. Do you think he dug them up and relocated to his new trophy garden and that is why they found parts elsewhere? Maybe to confuse? These questions just bug me. Also, I understand that RH was unliked, but he was a white collar business man and had money at some point. He sounds like he fits the rich boys club attendees for the sex party that SG was hired for. I’m not sure we will ever know all that attended due to the coverup.

Removed by me. Was meant to be a Direct message

I am still convinced RH will only be linked to the latter four victims found at Gilgo Beach and potentially SG. That’s not to say that he doesn’t have an unknown number of victims strewn about the country. The victims found at the other end of the beach were chopped up and parts found in other areas. I believe I read they were disposed in plastic as well. For those that believe they are RH victims, how do you explain the change in MO? I would think he would want to get credit for all and stick to one. Do you think he dug them up and relocated to his new trophy garden and that is why they found parts elsewhere? Maybe to confuse? These questions just bug me. Also, I understand that RH was unliked, but he was a white collar business man and had money at some point. He sounds like he fits the rich boys club attendees for the sex party that SG was hired for. I’m not sure we will ever know all that attended due to the coverup.
He prides himself on being a problem solver. One problem might have been his M.O. no longer served him, for whatever reason. So he solved the problem by changing it up a bit. Oh, he loves being the clever one.

I'm not sure that's what he did, but I can imagine it.

jmo

They do actually change the modus operandi

It sounds like one of the victims travelled with a Bible, and police are still looking for it.

So Amber Costello was not involved in a rip-off scam when her roommate interrupted her appointment with the suspect. Thank you for the clarification. Her roommate returned home to find the client threatening Amber.

"On that night, Schaller said he came home to find the stranger threatening Costello, an occasional sex worker, who had locked herself in the bathroom. The two men came to blows, with the hulking intruder eventually leaving in the truck.​
Prosecutors say Costello was last seen alive on Sept. 2, 2010, as she left her home to meet that same client. A witness saw a dark-colored truck drive by the house again shortly after she left."​

APNews

In the winter of 2010, shortly after police discovered the remains of his roommate and three other women buried on a remote stretch of Long Island shoreline, Dave Schaller provided detectives with a description of the person he believed to be the killer.

More crucially, Schaller told them about his truck.

The man they were looking for was a towering, Frankenstein-like figure with an “empty gaze” who drove a first-generation Chevrolet Avalanche, Schaller recalled telling investigators. The man’s size stuck out, as did his unusual pick-up truck, which he’d used to flee the house Schaller shared with Amber Costello.

On that night, Schaller said he came home to find the stranger threatening Costello, an occasional sex worker, who had locked herself in the bathroom. The two men came to blows, with the hulking intruder eventually leaving in the truck.

Prosecutors say Costello was last seen alive on Sept. 2, 2010, as she left her home to meet that same client. A witness saw a dark-colored truck drive by the house again shortly after she left.

“When they told me she was dead, he was the first person who jumped in my head,” Schaller told The Associated Press. “I’ve been picturing his face for 13 years.”

Interesting, because in the early days, I pretty clearly recall DS saying that the night Amber disappeared she walked away from the house and he never saw who picked her up.

Anyone else recall that ?

ETA : I'll try to find the link.

Starts at the 2:51 mark

In terms of Amber Costello's case, I've given up trying to make sense of it until the actual trial or if RH pleads guilty, like Dennis Raider or Gary Ridgway

Basically I'm waiting until everyone is under oath at a trial & there's evidence to clarify exactly what happened leading up to her disappearance

The bail application, which I'll quote below, states that there was an actual ruse the night before Amber Costello disappeared.

Right now I'll go by the bail application, not that it can't be wrong, but it is a court document in a very high-profile case that I think is now being handled by a proper taskforce.

The problem for me about the Amber Costello case is that over the years people who were around her before she disappeared seemed to give conflicting info to the media. One of the most heartbreaking things I read was that she was not even reported missing. You can read it here, old article from 2011: A Serial Killer Terrorizes Long Island

From the bail application, pages 7- 8:

Read Rex Heuermann's redacted and denied bail application due to ‘extreme depravity'

"The Disappearance and Murder of Amber Costello

Amber Costello was last seen alive on September 2, 2010, leaving her residence at 1112 America Avenue in West Babylon during the late evening hours. At that time, she was believed to be working as a sex worker. On September 1, 2010, the day prior to the disappearance of Amber Costello, Ms. Costello’s cellphone was contacted by a burner cellphone. On September 1, 2010, this burner cellphone had communications with the Costello Phone at approximately 11:33 p.m. and 11:34 p.m. During those communications, the burner cellphone connected to cell site towers in West Amityville and Massapequa Park. Thereafter, the burner cellphone traveled to West Babylon, in proximity to the residence of Amber Costello, and had contact with the Costello Phone at approximately 12:05 a.m. on September 2, 2010.

According to witnesses, around the time of these communications between the burner cellphone and the Costello Phone on September 1-2, 2010, a prostitution client showed up at Ms. Costello’s residence located in West Babylon, New York. After the client entered the home, a ruse was executed on the client whereby a person pretended to be the outraged boyfriend of Amber Costello and the client left from the residence, while Amber Costello retained the money the client had brought to pay for her services. Based upon interviews, that client was described as a large, white male, approximately 6’4’ to 6’6” in height, in his mid-forties, with “dark bushy hair,” and “big oval style 1970’s type eyeglasses.”2 A witness described him to police as appearing like an “ogre.” Furthermore, a witness noticed a first-generation Chevrolet Avalanche parked in the driveway of the residence. According to the witness, following the ruse, this client said he was “just her friend,” “tell her I’ll give her a call,” and walked out the front door. Thereafter, at approximately 1:18 a.m., on September 2, after the ruse had been perpetrated, the burner cellphone sent a text message to the Costello Phone, which stated, “That was not nice so do i [sic] credit for next time.” Phone records show that the burner phone was located in Massapequa Park, within two minutes of this text message being sent.

According to a witness, later the next day on September 2, 2010, Ms. Costello was again contacted by the same client that was in the house the night before with the Avalanche. Further, “Amber told us that he wanted to see her again, but he didn’t want to come back to the house because of her boyfriend.”

Thereafter on September 2, 2010, at approximately 9:32 p.m., the same burner cellphone from the previous evening again communicated with the Costello Phone. During this communication, the burner cellphone used a cell site location in Midtown Manhattan. Following this communication and based upon the cell site records, the burner cellphone traveled to Massapequa Park and had contacts with the Costello Phone at approximately 10:39 p.m. and 11:05 p.m. Cell site records for the burner phone indicate that at approximately 11:17 p.m., the phone traveled to West Babylon in proximity to the residence of Amber Costello. Subsequently, Amber Costello left her own cellphone behind, walked out the front door of the residence, and was seen alive for the last time. Shortly after Ms. Costello left the house, a witness observed a dark-colored truck pass the house, specifically coming from the direction Amber had walked towards."

Last edited:
He prides himself on being a problem solver. One problem might have been his M.O. no longer served him, for whatever reason. So he solved the problem by changing it up a bit. Oh, he loves being the clever one.

I'm not sure that's what he did, but I can imagine it.

jmo

Jmo it takes a lot of work to dismember bodies, a lot of physical strength, he was getting on a bit.

I don’t believe they are all his victims, however SKs do change their MO at times. Rifkin is one, for example.

Jmo it takes a lot of work to dismember bodies, a lot of physical strength, he was getting on a bit.
The French guy that interviewed him said RH had a very strong handshake, like a hand of marble.

Again, I'm not sold on the idea of him being responsible for other murders beyond the Gilgo 4, but I don't think it's out the question either.

jmo

I’m surprised he wasn’t cast as Johnathan Brewster

During one rehearsal, Heuermann — without telling anyone — added additional weights to the bottom of the pulley system that raised and lowered the stage curtains, the classmate recalled.

When she pulled on a lever to drop the curtains while holding onto a rope connected to the system, her 95-pound body suddenly went soaring toward the auditorium ceiling.

“I thought I was going to die,” she said.

She said Heuermann quickly helped her down and apologized.

But the former classmate said she thought the hulking, 6-foot-4 teen was “marking his domain” by making it hard for other students to handle the curtains under the additional weight.

“He had reweighted all of them so that only he could do it, or somebody strong could do it,” she said. “It created a dangerous situation.”

hit reply before I meant to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member