GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I think. The insulin cases were generally considered the strongest. I'd say someone on the jury was a stickler for standards of evidence and everything lesser than the insulin cases didn't meet that standard for them.

I have no idea how it works in the UK but its a shame there was no way for some of these Attempted Murder cases to come down to assault, grievous bodily harm, or something else similar. I can understand those decisions, tbh. Sometimes she really might just have wanted to hurt them - that's not attempted murder. It should bloody well be a crime, and she's essentially gotten away with those because there was no alternative or lesser charge.

Oh well. At least she'll be going away for a long time - hopefully forever.
I hope a whole life sentence would be some level of comfort to all of the families. She must receive that sentence under modern sentencing guidelines IMO.

He formally ordered that all jurors could be excused from jury service for the rest of their life.

As it should be. I can't imagine what they've been through.

MOO

Just answered my own question

The prosecutor Nick Johnson KC told the court the CPS would need 28 days to decide whether to seek a retrial on the six counts of attempted murder on which jurors were unable to reach verdicts. They relate to three baby girls and two newborn boys.

The judge has told the court Letby will be sentenced on the counts on which she has been found guilty on Monday.

Throughout this I’ve had no personal opinion on her guilt either way. I tried. Whatever way I looked at it, I felt I could argue the other side, and there were so many loose strings and unanswered questions. I would drive myself mad thinking about it, thinking about all the what ifs. Although I was most swayed towards her guilt when she herself was on the stand.

From my perspective the jury are the ones who got to hear everything first hand, and I trust their judgment on this fully. There is no doubt for me now that’s she’s guilty.

I look forward to reading what comes out the woodwork about her now, to try and get some understanding of what possible motive there was for this.

Most of all, I’m glad those babies have justice, and may they now rest in peace x

Very eloquently stated and I concur with much of what you said— I just wouldn’t be able to say it as well!

Makes me utterly sick and angry how someone can enjoy killing babies though.
Hope she rots.
Same. Not only enjoying killing babies but she also must have enjoyed hurting those parents so much when they should be at their happiest doting over their newborn. From the high of having a baby to the low of having them murdered would have been agonising, soul destroying, you name it.

Justice for the babes and their families.

I’m sorry but I don’t feel sorry for her mother.
Downvote away but I don’t.
I hope the CPS do go for a retrial.

I don’t feel sorry for her mother in the slightest either. I do have more sympathy where parents accept their children’s guilt and seek to deal with it, rather than looking to deny everything they ever do wrong. That’s just a personal view which might not be popular either but oh well!

I’m sorry but I don’t feel sorry for her mother.
Downvote away but I don’t.
I hope the CPS do go for a retrial.
I don't think we have downvotes here haha, but don't worry, I agree. I don't feel sorry for her parents whatsoever.

(eta: I agree with Rusty Braincells, I'd feel sorry for them if they acknowledged her guilt and expressed empathy with the parents of the babies their daughter murdered)

Good verdicts.I give these jurors a lot of credit. Sitting through the months of trial and long deliberations couldn’t have been easy for them.

I’m sure the families of the babies are grateful and relieved, knowing that Letby won’t be able to harm any more families.

The scapegoating defence was so obviously false.
I suppose there was very little else the defence had to run with. The deaths were so off statistically and there was no medical explanation. They had to suggest this was the most negligent baby unit in NHS history, somehow only when Letby was on duty of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror