Software Update Feedback- Orange is too Intense.

I DO very much appreciate the use of color in the format and not just sticking to industrial grey black and white. I find good use of color to very much enhance the WS experience.

The prior lighter orange was not bad at all, if it could be returned to that state.

Thank you, Administrator, for helping work it out.
Yes!
Let's return to what was a few days ago, please :)

" 'Better' is the enemy of 'Good'."
:p

Last edited:
From 2010 Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - Powered by vBulletin

Off topic: Tornado just missed us, touched down about 2 miles away and worked its way closer but passed just a bit west.
Well, it's certainly the opposite of orange! I see what the others meant by it used to be all blue and grey, that's it exactly.

Do take care! We can certainly tolerate the orange for a bit longer if you need to take shelter. If you get blown away, who will fix it, after all? :D :p

This was before I had even heard of WS....
BTW, I can't see the text "Messages have been posted since you loaded this page. View them?" inside the bar for it (I had to highlight it)
Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I strongly suspect it's because right now, the font is the exact same shade as the bar.

I will say, one other area where the intense orange is still an issue besides the top of the quote bar in posts is the alerts in the drop down box. I don't recall the alerts being this strong an orange before this issue. They were dark, yes, but I'm finding the lack of contrast between text and background challenging in a way I don't recall before all this happened. Unfortunately, this is one issue I can't 'before and after' screenshot because the alerts rely on a soft refresh of the site when clicked, so I can't see how the box looked a week ago. I'm just relying on my memory and my own sensory reaction to looking at it.

I hope I'm not being annoying with all this, @WS Admin . I am not a tech bod, but both my brothers are, and I've been trying to think about how to be helpful, how to report what I'm experiencing on the site in a way that helps you find the problems.

I will work on alerts and conversations next, I do not need a screenshot on this.

"Messages have been posted since you loaded this page. View them?" Is going to have to wait until I see that message myself.
Okay, no problem.

(I seriously think that one might be because the font and bar are the same colour right now. But I am not a website tech, so it's a completely unqualified hunch.)

Thank you for the screenshot. Though I did not make any changes when upgrading the software, it is obvious things are different now. What strikes me as very odd is that out of 16 million colors it changed to a different shade of what we already had.

Prior to the upgrade we were in discussions to make some style changes. Expect this to put things in hurry up mode. Please bare with us as we sort this out.

In order to continue this conversation in a constructive manner, we would love to hear your ideas on what you would like to replace the orange with. If you really want to be specific you can visit https://www.canva.com/colors/color-wheel/ and grab the code (#******) that you prefer.

Dave
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your help! Would there be an option to bring a "Dark Theme" to the forum, that could be turned on/off in settings? I have both my Windows 10 desktop and Windows 11 laptop set on Dark Theme and it's great!

Peace,

Satch

Intense orange is still lurking in quotes which are not expanded.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MinorLang
Back