Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blinken visits Turkey after Israel, Jordan trip Dr. Hay Eytan Cohen Yanarocak (
@hayeytan) breaks down why the U.S. Secretary of State received a 'very cold reception' in Turkey during his Middle East tour amidst the Israel-Hamas war

Blinken may have received a "cold reception" in Turkey but he still received a reception by the Turkish government. Diplomacy in action, with Turkey keeping an open door. Internal, domestic politics play a role across the Middle East, but leaving a door open for Blinken is a positive thing. Also, they protected our U.S. military bases in Turkey from the mobs of angry protestors.

It matters that Blinken was there, in spite of meeting with lower level government officials.

Over a quarter of Hamas officials hiding across Middle East - IDF​

Hamas leaders abroad spearhead terror activities against Israelis and other targets in Muslim countries as well as in Muslim communities in the West.​

The top political and diplomatic brass of the terror organization Hamas all live and operate outside of the Gaza Strip, the Military Intelligence Directorate said on Monday.

The IDF listed over a quarter of Hamas officials, including top official Ismail Haniyeh, as operating outside Gaza, including in Iran, Qatar, Lebanon, and Turkey.

Here is some more info about this the Hamas chief in London. When I found out he was living there, I responded, "Why don't they arrest him?". I think I found my answer: He's a British citizen.

Moo...just wondering does anyone think Netanyahu let the Hamas attack happen, so his legacy could be, that he wins the war and is a hero. ?? To counteract the corruption claims against him? Moo...I believe most governments have some degree of corruption it is the price of doing international business....moo

Moo...just wondering does anyone think Netanyahu let the Hamas attack happen, so his legacy could be, that he wins the war and is a hero. ?? To counteract the corruption claims against him? Moo...I believe most governments have some degree of corruption it is the price of doing international business....moo
No. He may be hoping to redeem himself by winning this, but I can't believe he allowed it for personal gain. Also, higher-ranking members of IDF have apologized for letting their guard down, which allowed for the planning and execution of this. jmo

1400 dead innocent civilians are well beyond 'a degree of corruption', but that conspiracy theory is out there on the ineterwebs ... not by any sources that I'd deem either impartial or credible however.

I'll choose not to play into it; it's IMO asolutely absurd. All those IDF soldiers at their outposts would have had to assist him and ignore what was ocurring when the technical fence was initilly breached. The did not ignore it - they simply were surprised by the sheer scale and breadth of the initial breaches and attacks.

I highly doubt that he will be redeemed by the investigation into the obviously long-running intelligence gathering operation by Hamas that preceeded, fed into the details for, and allowed the massacre and the abject security failure that occured 7 October 2023.

There's a huge mug of "mea culpa" headed, rightly, his way when this is all said and done. National leaders have a huge sacred obligation to their militaries and in Israel an even bigger one to their citizens. He knows and knew full well that 7 October 2023 will be the definer of his political career and legacy - nothing before and nothing after as to dates will count.

Last edited:
Moo...just wondering does anyone think Netanyahu let the Hamas attack happen, so his legacy could be, that he wins the war and is a hero.
I dont think so.

But... I can see a scenario where "Bibi" is not in control of the situation as he thinks he is. He ignores signs that state sanctioned antics by far right settlers are starting to question Muslim control over the Temple Mount / Al Aqsa mosque.

Then, Bibi engages in the following line of thought:

- Palestinian militants always follow a predictable script where they are almost cartoonishly incompetent. So, even if they do launch an attack, it will be small and "mowing the lawn" in the military sense will be easy- right?
- Heck, our intelligence services will always be able to give us warning of any half baked attacks out of Gaza- yawn.

Things then get disasterous as HAMAS unleashes the terror attack of the century.

And.... color me cynical, but I find it strange that the same intelligence network that failed to note that HAMAS was say, practicing with para gliders in Gaza is now identifying the locations of their key leaders on a steady basis for bombing?

Thinking that a certain number of HAMAS leadership fatalities are false information being put out by HAMAS. In short, the Israeli army could be in a deep situation in Gaza with no easy way out.

Last edited:
Headlines from the AP. Articles all at one link

• Is Hamas also in Lebanon?? Hamas fired 16 rocket on northern Israeli town. Were they fired from Lebanon or Gaza??
  • Oh jeez, gotta wonder if nuclear powered sub spurred rumors of nuclear bombs? (Need facepalm emoji)
  • Photos of Thai hostages show they're alive.

CIA DIRECTOR VISITS MIDDLE EAST TO MEET WITH INTELLIGENCE PARTNERS, US OFFICIAL SAYS

US NAVY SUBMARINE IN MIDEAST IS NOT ARMED WITH NUKES, DEFENSE OFFICIAL SAYS

RED CROSS SAYS IT ACCOMPANIED CRITICALLY ILL PATIENTS TO RAFAH CROSSING POINT

The International Committee of the Red Cross on Monday accompanied a convoy of four ambulances transporting seven critically wounded patients from al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City to the Rafah crossing point into Egypt, Jessica Moussan, a spokesperson for the ICRC told the AP.

The patients were evacuated to Egypt for treatment as part of a deal among Egypt, Israel and Hamas, the militant group that rules Gaza. The deal also calls for foreign passport holders to exit the besieged territory to Egypt.

Monday’s evacuation was the first since the crossing was closed over the weekend because of a dispute among Israel, Egypt and Hamas

HAMAS SAYS IT HAS FIRED 16 ROCKETS ON NORTHERN ISRAELI TOWN

Were these fired from Gaza or Lebanon???? Confusing.
BEIRUT, Lebanon — The military wing of Hamas says they have fired 16 rockets on the northern Israeli town of Nahariya and the southern outskirts of the city of Haifa in retaliation for Israeli attacks on Gaza.

FLEEING PALESTINIANS REPORT ISRAELI BOMBARDMENT OF REFUGEE CAMP

Shati refugee camp is in the evacuation zone, north of the Gaza River.

ISRAELI STRIKE DAMAGES A ROOF AT GAZA’S LARGEST HOSPITAL; HAMAS DENIES USING HOSPITALS FOR MILITARY ACTIVITIES

DEIR AL-BALAH, Gaza Strip — Mohamed Zaqout, general manager of all hospitals in Gaza, said the roof of a building at al-Shifa hospital, Gaza’s largest, was damaged by an Israeli strike, resulting in deaths and injuries.

SOUTH AFRICA RECALLS ITS DIPLOMATS FROM ISRAEL OVER GAZA BOMBARDMENT

GAZA HEALTH MINISTRY SAYS PALESTINIAN DEATH TOLL HAS SURPASSED 10,000

PHOTOS OF THAI HOSTAGES SHOW THEY ARE ALIVE, PRIME MINISTER SAYS

BANGKOK — Thailand’s government has photographs of Thai workers who are being held hostage in Gaza by Hamas following its Oct. 7 attack on Israel, showing they are alive, the prime minister said Monday.

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin did not say how many hostages the photos showed. The Thai government’s official number of “abductions” is 24. Thirty-four Thais are known to have been killed and 19 injured.
snip....
Thailand is pursuing several channels to obtain the release of the hostages, including a trip last week by Foreign Minister Parnpree Bahiddha-Nukara to Egypt and Qatar.

POPE DECRIES ANTISEMITISM, WAR AND TERRORISM

Yes he prefers them to Abbas from what I read.

The U.S. Department of Defense has announced that the number of American Troops who have suffered Injuries over the last month as a result of the Non-Strop Attacks by Iranian-Backed Militias on U.S. Bases in Iraq and Syria has now Risen to at least 46, with 2 of the Soldiers having to be Airlifted to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany for Observation related to a Head Injury following one of the Attacks.

@Dotta , Re. your link (thanks !) : Doesn't this just mean that Israel provided some assistance/support when the pulled out of Gaza -- meant for the residents and infrastructure ?
And that they didn't mean to create Hamas as it now identifies , today ?
Omo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member