GUILTY UK - Brianna Ghey, 16, murdered in Culcheth Linear Park, Feb 2023 *2 teenagers charged*

Mr Littler turns to February 12.

At 4.28pm, Girl X calls Boy Y.

RL: “It says rejected call. Do you remember receiving a call from Girl X that afternoon?”

Y: “Yes.”

RL: “Do you know why you rejected it?”

Y: “I wasn’t in a state of mind to answer the phone.”

RL: “Did you want to speak to Girl X at this time?”

Y: “No.”

RL: “Why not?”

Y: “I didn’t want to.”

RL: “Do you know why you didn’t want to?”

Y: “I was busy trying to deal with myself, so I didn’t have time to act with her on a phone call.”

RL: “What do you mean by act with her on a phone call?”

Y: “I mean I wouldn’t of been able to act as if everything is normal on a phone call, but I could act like that on messages.”

I'm so intrigued by the way he answers these questions, particularly about behaviour and feelings. He answers questions like a primitive AI Chat bot, it's so strange and distinctive:

RL: “How was Girl X behaving at this stage?”
Y: “Calm, but alert. Her tone was not happy and not sad. It was a dull blank tone that was slightly serious.”

RL: “Were you happy or sad at this stage?”
Y: “I wasn’t happy. I wouldn’t say sad either, from what (I) perceive sad as. I think that I was dazed by the event.”

I'm so intrigued by the way he answers these questions, particularly about behaviour and feelings. He answers questions like a primitive AI Chat bot, it's so strange and distinctive:

RL: “How was Girl X behaving at this stage?”
Y: “Calm, but alert. Her tone was not happy and not sad. It was a dull blank tone that was slightly serious.”

RL: “Were you happy or sad at this stage?”
Y: “I wasn’t happy. I wouldn’t say sad either, from what (I) perceive sad as. I think that I was dazed by the event.”

Yeah, but never once have we seen him word things in this way before. The texts to girl x he always spoke like a normal human as opposed to the ai chatbot.
Is it actually genuine? Or is he that devious that this is all just a facade that he thinks will help his case?

Yeah, but never once have we seen him word things in this way before. The texts to girl x he always spoke like a normal human as opposed to the ai chatbot.
Is it actually genuine? Or is he that devious that this is all just a facade that he thinks will help his case?
His messages to GX were informal.
His answers in Court are formal.

Informal language vs formal language.

JMO

That's a really good question. But I think it's plausible that the events of that day and the consequences he has subsequently had to face as a result will have significantly changed his mannerisms and communication style.

Also just wanted to make it clear that I’m not saying selective mutism isn't a thing. It's possible this is really happening for him but we also know both defendents are proven liars and so it's also possible it's being played upon.

Some of his words and phrases seem a bit rehearsed and staged to me. Like he’s rehearsed what sort of things to say to really accentuate his autism.
Don’t forget girl x described him as sociopathic and extremely intelligent, “genius level” on her list of his qualities.
We should just be mindful of that imo.

But imo, the difference in response post event between the two of them is considerable. Boy Y researching victim and witness support, how to deal with stress and anxiety, rejecting phone calls from Girl X. In his words 'dealing with himself'. Girl X on the other hand was messaging Brianna, messaging Boy Y with a fabricated story, sending details of the murder to others, including those on her 'hit list'. She was covering herself as much as possible - not apparently in any need of ways to deal with what had happened. She orchestrated everything - in my opinion.

RL - "what do you mean by act with her on a phone call?"

Y - "I mean I wouldn't of been able to act as if everything is normal on a phone call but I can act like that on messages".

By act, he means lie. He cannot lie verbally he says. But he can lie via messaging.

And what’s happening today? In court messaging his answers.

RL - "what do you mean by act with her on a phone call?"

Y - "I mean I wouldn't of been able to act as if everything is normal on a phone call but I can act like that on messages".

By act, he means lie. He cannot lie verbally he says. But he can lie via messaging.

And what’s happening today? In court messaging his answers.

But I think he was referring to how he was at the time, after the murder. He was stating that he couldn't converse with Girl X at that time. I don't think he has ever said that he couldn't lie. Just that he was not able to pretend everything was normal in an actual verbal conversation.

RP: Did you ever say to X ‘I don’t want to do this’?

Y: No, I am unable to say no unless I am pushed to my limit, which is very hard because I’m very tolerant and very patient.

He was perfectly able to say no when it was a school night?

Mr Pratt asks Y to look at a photo and says: “Can you see her waist?”

Y: I can see the front

RP: When she put the knife down her waist, was it to the front or back?

Y: Back

RP: So you call the back of her body her waist?

Y: I call the hips the waist, which exist on the back and front.

RP: Are you telling the truth when you tell the jury that X took the knife and put into her waist area?

She hid a sharp knife down the back of her trousers with no sheath on it? Wouldn’t she have cut herself? Don’t think he’s thought this through.

But imo, the difference in response post event between the two of them is considerable. Boy Y researching victim and witness support, how to deal with stress and anxiety, rejecting phone calls from Girl X. In his words 'dealing with himself'. Girl X on the other hand was messaging Brianna, messaging Boy Y with a fabricated story, sending details of the murder to others, including those on her 'hit list'. She was covering herself as much as possible - not apparently in any need of ways to deal with what had happened. She orchestrated everything - in my opinion.
He was also thinking about Valentine’s Day in 3 days time and thinking of asking girl A out.

RP: Did you see any other knife being used in the attack on Brianna?
Y: I didn’t see X using two knives, no.

Cheeky sod! but...

RP: You are right handed?
Y: Yes
RP: There was much more blood staining to the right cuff than to the left cuff of that jacket. Was that because you were using your right hand repeatedly to stab Brianna?
Y: No
RP: No further questions

Looks like Dickie Pratt managed to get him in the end.

A lot of his answers I muttered “cheeky sod” to aswell.
He was being deliberately pedantic, like he was trying to show off his intelligence. Think girl x was wrong about the genius level mind.
It’s only my opinion but I believe he’s playing up his autism for sure.
Not sure the jury will like the cockiness and smart a$$ responses on the stand either.
As always, my thoughts are with briannas mum having to sit through these past few days. Horrific

Y: If I hadn’t taken it back to my house, I would be questioned about its whereabouts, and it could’ve been disposed of, which would be bad for evidence.

RP: Who would it be bad for, for evidence?

Y: It would’ve been bad for the prosecution if they didn’t have the knife.

RP: That is what you were thinking at the time was it?

Y: Yes, among other things

RP: if that is right, why did you lie to the police when you said that the knife had not been used?

Y: I had told the court that in a previous question, because I was scared of being told off by the police.

RP: But you have given us some more information now. You explained why you took the knife back from X, saying it would be bad for the prosecution. If that is right, why did you lie to the police saying your knife had not been used to injure?

Y: Because I was scared of being told off by the police.

RP: Did you want to help the police and the prosecution?

Y: Yes, however my fears control me.

Absolutely ridiculous

Y: If I hadn’t taken it back to my house, I would be questioned about its whereabouts, and it could’ve been disposed of, which would be bad for evidence.

RP: Who would it be bad for, for evidence?

Y: It would’ve been bad for the prosecution if they didn’t have the knife.

RP: That is what you were thinking at the time was it?

Y: Yes, among other things

RP: if that is right, why did you lie to the police when you said that the knife had not been used?

Y: I had told the court that in a previous question, because I was scared of being told off by the police.

RP: But you have given us some more information now. You explained why you took the knife back from X, saying it would be bad for the prosecution. If that is right, why did you lie to the police saying your knife had not been used to injure?

Y: Because I was scared of being told off by the police.

RP: Did you want to help the police and the prosecution?

Y: Yes, however my fears control me.

Absolutely ridiculous
Afraid of "being told off" by police?

You get "told off" by your parents for not tidying your room, or by your teacher for forgetting to do your homework. You don't get "told off" by police officers if you conceal vital evidence from a 16 year old girl's murder, you get prosecuted!

Is he deliberately trying to make himself appear more childlike and less culpable by using this language?

Afraid of "being told off" by police?

You get "told off" by your parents for not tidying your room, or by your teacher for forgetting to do your homework. You don't get "told off" by police officers if you conceal vital evidence from a 16 year old girl's murder, you get prosecuted!

Is he deliberately trying to make himself appear more childlike and less culpable by using this language?
I think he thinks he’s being smart. Having answers to every Q put to him and being overly pedantic with his language. This has gone past just being formal vs informal as a poster said earlier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherriS
Back