Found Deceased AMBER Alert issued for 11-year-old Livingston, TX Girl - Audrii Cunningham

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I was able to ascertain, this charge had been sitting there, so when Audrii disappeared it was a convenient way to interrogate him and place him under detainment.

It was pointed out that if they’d acted on it sooner, he would not have been free to do this to Audrii. :(

Although @MassGuy says differently. o_O
This makes me so angry! How many people failed this little girl?

Sorry but I have to say that I am so sad at all these kids with terrible adults surrounding them, taking advantage of them and the situations they are forced to be in. Kids have no control over their living circumstances whatsoever. No plea bargain please. If this guy harmed her just put him directly on the guerney and do us all a favor and if anyone else is involved or has knowledge, prosecute to the full extent.
It’s true: children are a captive audience. They have no say in how the adults in their lives conduct themselves. Accountability is important. <modsnip - not reported> She had no say in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that McDougal was arrested on an unrelated charge from 2023 tells us I think that police are pretty certain he's responsible for Audrii's disappearance. They needed to hold him, perhaps concerned he might flee.
I’m sure he would flee if he could. Thankfully this charge was there — if only he’d been incarcerated for it sooner.

The FBI searched a creek linked to her disappearance, while Texas Equusearch scoured the Trinity River near the Highway 59 bridge and an area at the edge of Lake Livingston for any evidence.

The FBI searched a creek linked to her disappearance, while Texas Equusearch scoured the Trinity River near the Highway 59 bridge and an area at the edge of Lake Livingston for any evidence.
The 2 disturbing facts are:
1. Despite the fact that law enforcement still speaks of hoping for her safe return, they are looking in bodies of water.
2. The suspect is obviously not cooperating: They are looking all over the place, so he has most probably admitted to nothing.

MOO is that they have reason to believe the worst, but until they actually have her there is still hope. For all we know, he could have made a false confession and actually she's somewhere alive still.
Right, remember that little girl in Australia, Cleo, found alive after 2 weeks. Yes, I should bear that in mind. Wouldn’t that be wonderful! :)

After the vigil, a representative for the family spoke to media and asked people on social media not to speculate on the search.

"I realize that everybody's talking a bunch of stuff on Facebook and stuff like that. I'm going to ask that if you don't know anything, don't say anything. All you're doing is hurting the family," said Chris Boothe, who spoke on behalf of the family. "You don't know what they're going through. You don't know the circumstances. I do know Audrii is loved, I know Audrii is cared for."

Boothe asked that if people know anything to keep submitting tips to the Polk County Sheriff's Office.

"We want her home," he said. "This is a tragic incident."

“We are hopeful we can bring Audrii home alive and that’s what we are absolutely working for right now,” DPS Lt. Craig Cummings told reporters at a press conference on Saturday afternoon. “Everybody is committed. They realize Audrii was loved by so many folks and that is the driving force for us to get answers and bring her home.”

Cummings declined to specify how McDougal became a person of interest. Cummings conceded that foul play could be involved and said the incident is being investigated as a criminal matter. Authorities late Sunday morning said there were no significant updates to share.

It does baffle me that schools not notifying until after the school day has ended is so widespread. I forgot to call in once as we were all wiped out with what could only be described as the vomit bug from hell. Slept through school calling me at 9.25am, had a member of staff at my door by 11.30.

@MassGuy I wonder what if anything they could be charged with. He was not on the registry so none of those requirements applied. And I don't think it has been confirmed who knew what if anything about his record?
There would have to be more to it than merely being monstrously irresponsible. As of now I don't think there's any evidence of anything further. I fully expect only one person to be charged here.

@MassGuy I wonder what if anything they could be charged with. He was not on the registry so none of those requirements applied. And I don't think it has been confirmed who knew what if anything about his record?
It has been stated by several credible News sources: "Authorities said 42-year-old [POI] was arrested Friday night on an unrelated charge of aggravated assault."

Source [1 of many]:
Fox26Houston

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads