CO - Two University of Colorado-CS students shot to death in dorm room, homicide suspected - Colorado Springs, 17 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Whoever did it probably left a lot of evidence behind, and perhaps the people who knew the people involved all said, "Talk to this guy."
plus, if the dorm uses a keycard system and he used the doors, campus security can check logs for what IDs were activated when.

source: pulled in for questioning when a guy I had been out partying with ran into a police-type situation after I went to bed.

This was posted on one our local TV websites about a hour ago… the suspect’s bond was raised from 1 million to 5 million today…and a protection order for suspect and witnesses?

“Nicholas Jordan, 25, is currently in the El Paso County Jail on a $5 million bond and facing two counts of first-degree murder. His bond was originally set at $1 million, but was raised by a judge on Tuesday to $5 million. Jordan was being represented by a public defender as of Tuesday afternoon. The judge issued a mandatory protection order for Jordan and witnesses to the case. A judge sealed the arrest papers in the case.”

Bond raised for UCCS shooting suspect as Colorado community continues to mourn victims

A lot of time when folks be on the run, they look the part. He doesn't look like he missed an hour of sleep, IMO.
It's likely someone heard shots and saw him leaving. And I can't imagine there were not any cameras. Great job increasing his bond. He ain't never going home.
Praying for the comfort and safety of those affected.

Prosecutors said that Jordan’s actions prior to being arrested Monday gave them reason to believe he was going to flee the area. They also said that when Jordan was arrested he had a gun in his possession and was a risk to the community if released. Judge Shannon Gerhart agreed with the prosecution and increased the bond to $5 million.

NJ's brother interviewed by MSM in Detroit area. His brother (Brandon Jordan) says that NJ was studying in order to be an accountant. What a tragic case all-around.

Brandon said his brother always had good grades, loved basketball, and was going to school to be an accountant. Seeing him off to college encouraged him to do better.

Now, for Brandon and the rest of the Jordan family, which has already been stricken by violence after losing their younger brother Christian to an unsolved murder more than a year ago. Now, he may lose his brother to a prison sentence.

His message for Nicholas was "I love you bro. I love you dude. I know you didn’t do it bro."

Edited to add quote, above, from the Detroit MSM article.

Still trying to wrap my head around this case and the possible motive. There seems to be more questions than answers. It's been established that SK and NJ were roommates, but this report from KOAA-TV also confirms that all three individuals knew each other (extracted and bbm). I had wondered if RM just happened to be in the dorm room and was not originally targeted, or if NJ suspected both victims would be together. Knowing all three individuals knew each other, it lends itself (imo) more to a relationship / jealousy dynamic.

"CSPD noted all three knew each other."

DailyMail.com has learned that he was kicked out of the Lion Village Student Housing during the fall semester for peddling drugs, harassing college girls, and cursing out staff.

Staff and residents tell DailyMail.com that Jordan would go door-to-door selling marijuana and was nicknamed 'Slick Nick.' He would also stand outside his apartment blasting music through a speaker and would regularly 'catcall' female residents as they walked to their apartments.

Nicholas Jordan, 25, from Detroit, is accused of shooting Celie Rain Montgomery, 26, and his roommate Sam Knopp, 24

Sam Knopp, a senior studying music, had complained about his new, randomly selected roommate Nicholas Jordan and was set to move out the day he died

Sam Knopp, a senior studying music, had complained about his new, randomly selected roommate Nicholas Jordan and was set to move out the day he died
Jordan was kicked out of his dorm for dealing drugs and catcalling women and moved into Crestone House with Knopp

DailyMail.com has learned that he was kicked out of the Lion Village Student Housing during the fall semester for peddling drugs, harassing college girls, and cursing out staff.

Staff and residents tell DailyMail.com that Jordan would go door-to-door selling marijuana and was nicknamed 'Slick Nick.' He would also stand outside his apartment blasting music through a speaker and would regularly 'catcall' female residents as they walked to their apartments.

Nicholas Jordan, 25, from Detroit, is accused of shooting Celie Rain Montgomery, 26, and his roommate Sam Knopp, 24

Jordan was kicked out of his dorm for dealing drugs and catcalling women and moved into Crestone House with Knopp

Omg… wow. So revenge for his own poor and inappropriate behavior and consequences… very sad and very senseless.

PHOTO: Celie Rain Montgomery is seen in an undated file photo released by the Colorado Springs Police Department per the family of Celie Rain Montgomery. (Colorado Springs Police Department via Montgomery Family)

Celie Rain Montgomery

A motive for the murders is not clear.

As Jordan appeared in court in person for the first time on Friday, the judge ruled the arrest warrant and affidavit to be unsealed.

PHOTO: Nicholas Jordan, 25, accused in two murders, appeared in court Feb. 23, 2024. (ColoradoJudicial.gov )

The third roommate told police that in January "there was an argument between Mr. Knopp and Mr. Jordan over a bag of trash that Mr. Knopp collected and placed near Mr. Jordan's door," according to the arrest warrant affidavit. Jordan allegedly threatened Knopp "and told him that he would 'Kill Him' and there would be consequences if Mr. Jordan was asked to take out the trash again," the document said.
Suspect in University of Colorado dorm murders allegedly threatened to kill roommate over taking out trash: Court documents

WTH is wrong with him? Threatening to kill someone just because he's asked to take the trash out? I hope he goes away for a long time because the world is a much better place without him in society.

Omg… wow. So revenge for his own poor and inappropriate behavior and consequences… very sad and very senseless.

And so preventatble. I see a huge law suit going against the university. The guys gets thrown out of one dorm and gets assigned to another where the deceased student was also threatened and university let them move out.

And they did nothing to the perpetrator like disable his badge swipe in?

This is what happens when you coddle bad behavior.

PHOTO: Celie Rain Montgomery is seen in an undated file photo released by the Colorado Springs Police Department per the family of Celie Rain Montgomery. (Colorado Springs Police Department via Montgomery Family)

Celie Rain Montgomery

As Jordan appeared in court in person for the first time on Friday, the judge ruled the arrest warrant and affidavit to be unsealed.

PHOTO: Nicholas Jordan, 25, accused in two murders, appeared in court Feb. 23, 2024. (ColoradoJudicial.gov )

Celie Rain Montgomery

Boy, all the warning signs were apparently there. The university did not act fast enough and should have made Jordan find his own apartment after being kicked out once.

Need to hold people responsible for their own behavior. University apparently did not do that for Jordan.

this is just my opinion and yes, I know, hindsight is 20/20.

And so preventatble. I see a huge law suit going against the university. The guys gets thrown out of one dorm and gets assigned to another where the deceased student was also threatened and university let them move out.

And they did nothing to the perpetrator like disable his badge swipe in?

This is what happens when you coddle bad behavior.
Right and it explains how they knew who the perp was right away.

<modsnip - rumor>

Also unrelated but I think it was the day before someone died in the UCCS rec center. (Medical emergency). Lots of healing needed for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ATLSooner
Back