CO - Two University of Colorado-CS students shot to death in dorm room, homicide suspected - Colorado Springs, 17 Feb 2024 *arrest*

The two deaths do not appear to be a murder-suicide, two homicides in a dorm room and they don't think it's an ongoing threat!? What kind of logic is that? If they think the murderer is someone who resides in the dorms, that's an ongoing threat in the dorm. If they think the murderer came into the dorm from the community, that's an ongoing threat in the community. If my kid was going there that college would be answering a lot of questions right now. AJMO

Are they thinking this was related to a drug deal?

Apologies if this was already posted. What a waste of two bright, young people over clashes of what!?

Ludicrous. And tragic. Not the kind of thing that should happen at college.

According to the affidavit, there had been complaints of Jordan smoking marijuana, cigarettes and leaving his trash out. There had also been multiple incidents where Knopp and the other roommate had reported Jordan for unsafe living conditions and smoking in the room.

The court documents detail an argument that happened in January between Knopp and Jordan over a bag of trash. Jordan apparently threatened Knopp and told him he would "Kill Him" and there would be consequences if Jordan was asked to take out the trash again.

UCCS shooting: Nicholas Jordan affidavit

*6 pages:

Last edited:
I had the same thought, initially, but then I saw that SK went to high school in Colorado, so I assumed that it was just a coincidence that SK was born in Ann Arbor and NJ was from Detroit. I didn't see NJ as a "friend" on SK's Facebook page, although I didn't do a complete search, SK had so many friends! Seems like everyone he ever met was a friend on his Facebook page.
with younger people, fewer and fewer use facebook whatsoever or use it under a different name entirely, so that could be a reason for that. not SM friends doesn't mean not IRL friends (sorry if that's obvious... my mother in her 70s doesn't seem to understand it despite being very computer literate lol ...)

According to the affidavit, there had been complaints of Jordan smoking marijuana, cigarettes and leaving his trash out. There had also been multiple incidents where Knopp and the other roommate had reported Jordan for unsafe living conditions and smoking in the room.

The court documents detail an argument that happened in January between Knopp and Jordan over a bag of trash. Jordan apparently threatened Knopp and told him he would "Kill Him" and there would be consequences if Jordan was asked to take out the trash again.
This is unbelievable…
And that he got in with his own access card? That should have been deactivated.

PHOTO: Celie Rain Montgomery is seen in an undated file photo released by the Colorado Springs Police Department per the family of Celie Rain Montgomery. (Colorado Springs Police Department via Montgomery Family)

Celie Rain Montgomery

A motive for the murders is not clear.

As Jordan appeared in court in person for the first time on Friday, the judge ruled the arrest warrant and affidavit to be unsealed.

PHOTO: Nicholas Jordan, 25, accused in two murders, appeared in court Feb. 23, 2024. (ColoradoJudicial.gov )

Wow, so many red flags. Why was he allowed to move into the second dorm building after being kicked out of the first on-campus residence? Why did university authorities allow his bad behavior to continue for so long (selling drugs, blaring load music, bothering female students, etc.)? Why was the problem left up to the student who was shot and killed? When Jordan withdrew from the university the day before the shooting, why didn't that get communicated to the crisis team that tracks problematic students/situations that could put others at risk?

I definitely see lawsuits against the university in the future.

But that won't bring back the victims. It is just heartbreaking and could have been avoided.

And so preventatble. I see a huge law suit going against the university. The guys gets thrown out of one dorm and gets assigned to another where the deceased student was also threatened and university let them move out.

And they did nothing to the perpetrator like disable his badge swipe in?

This is what happens when you coddle bad behavior.

I'm just catching up here and posted the same thing, just read your post. I, too, see a lawsuit. And justifiably.

Wow, so many red flags. Why was he allowed to move into the second dorm building after being kicked out of the first on-campus residence? Why did university authorities allow his bad behavior to continue for so long (selling drugs, blaring load music, bothering female students, etc.)? Why was the problem left up to the student who was shot and killed? When Jordan withdrew from the university the day before the shooting, why didn't that get communicated to the crisis team that tracks problematic students/situations that could put others at risk?

I definitely see lawsuits against the university in the future.

But that won't bring back the victims. It is just heartbreaking and could have been avoided.
Yes so many questions to be answered! This should never have happened.

Yes, ain't it awful. What's the world coming to? Guy goes into a school and shoots innocent people??!!!
February 13, 2023

Michigan State University marks one year since deadly campus shooting

Michigan State University promised security upgrades after shooting: Where they stand

This was posted on one our local TV websites about a hour ago… the suspect’s bond was raised from 1 million to 5 million today…and a protection order for suspect and witnesses?

“Nicholas Jordan, 25, is currently in the El Paso County Jail on a $5 million bond and facing two counts of first-degree murder. His bond was originally set at $1 million, but was raised by a judge on Tuesday to $5 million. Jordan was being represented by a public defender as of Tuesday afternoon. The judge issued a mandatory protection order for Jordan and witnesses to the case. A judge sealed the arrest papers in the case.”

Bond raised for UCCS shooting suspect as Colorado community continues to mourn vics
"The judge issued a mandatory protection order for Jordan and witnesses to the case."
"...and a protection order for suspect and witnesses?"

I believe it means that a Protection Order was taken out for the witnesses against Jordan. Not worded very clearly.

It is up to the Sheriff, who runs the jail, to make sure Jordan is put in protective custody if threats are made against him.

Last edited:
[David Lane, a civil rights attorney with Killmer Lane, LLP. “The 11th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution says state agencies and state people are not liable for money damages.”
According to the affidavit, Jordan threatened Knopp and said he would “kill him,” and there would be consequences if Jordan was asked to take out the trash again.

If the university knew this before the killings, could it be held liable?

“When a third party is a wrongdoer, such as the shooter in the particular case, the police are not obligated to arrest someone based on a threat,” Lane said. “They’re not obligated to even investigate if they don’t want to. Bottom line here is that given the levels of immunities that exist both from the Supreme Court and the U.S. Constitution, I don’t think the university is going to be liable for any damages stemming from this unbelievably tragic incident.”
“They should have deactivated his keycard, but the fact that they didn’t, again, would not confer liability on the university,” Lane said.]

[David Lane, a civil rights attorney with Killmer Lane, LLP. “The 11th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution says state agencies and state people are not liable for money damages.”
According to the affidavit, Jordan threatened Knopp and said he would “kill him,” and there would be consequences if Jordan was asked to take out the trash again.

If the university knew this before the killings, could it be held liable?

“When a third party is a wrongdoer, such as the shooter in the particular case, the police are not obligated to arrest someone based on a threat,” Lane said. “They’re not obligated to even investigate if they don’t want to. Bottom line here is that given the levels of immunities that exist both from the Supreme Court and the U.S. Constitution, I don’t think the university is going to be liable for any damages stemming from this unbelievably tragic incident.”
“They should have deactivated his keycard, but the fact that they didn’t, again, would not confer liability on the university,” Lane said.]
I mean realistically Jordan was clearly a loose cannon and could have gone after then at any time anywhere on campus. But they made it so easy for him - they should have been protecting the victims.

Very sorry SMK777 I didn't responded to your previous posts more quickly. It seem this was all a clash of personalities that can happen with college roommates except this guy was a killer waiting to happen. He told the school he was leaving, dropping room and all his classes, he packed his stuff up in his car and then committed this double murder. Sounds like premeditation. He was arrested with a fully loaded AK-47 in his car.

I also feel bad for the podmate. Not only because he was an ear witness, but because the defendant's attorney is going to make him the shooter. Hopefully the real shooter will take a plea deal so the podmate doesn't have to go thru that turmoil.

When a third party is a wrongdoer, such as the shooter in the particular case, the police are not obligated to arrest someone based on a threat,” Lane said. “They’re not obligated to even investigate if they don’t want to. Bottom line here is that given the levels of immunities that exist both from the Supreme Court and the U.S. Constitution, I don’t think the university is going to be liable for any damages stemming from this unbelievably tragic incident.”
Snipped for focus:
I don’t see how they would not be liable, or how they can say this in light of the death of 2 innocent students.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back