Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you go down in this report it talks about the hard drive being handed over which they held onto for years to the defense team, I still wonder what does that hard drive from the box factory contain that made them suddenly convinced of her death.
I would ask what was on the disc that made prosecutors reluctant to hand it over ?

Maybe because it is not connected to the current crimes CB is accused of?
Or maybe they didn't want to give them too much leeway for the defence and thought springing this on them last minute would shatter the defence.. who knows only time will tell, I'm in the middle with this... Just thought it was interesting we haven't really heard anything else about that hard drive and then suddenly it comes up at the trial

Or maybe they didn't want to give them too much leeway for the defence and thought springing this on them last minute would shatter the defence.. who knows only time will tell, I'm in the middle with this... Just thought it was interesting we haven't really heard anything else about that hard drive and then suddenly it comes up at the trial
I am surprised they even handed it over if it plays no role /there is no related evidence to the 5 crimes on trial now... are we certain though they have handed it to the defense?

According to the reports an prosecution wants to try and stop it being use as evidence at the trial which is probably why they did it last minute..I found that newest 60mins documentary a bit unsettling when she asked HW is he sure she is dead and when he said no doubt he looked so disturbed like he was going to cry so I don't know what it is he has found or saw but it was probably ghastly.

I doubt anything was withheld from the Judges. They are the ones who control what will be evidence at the trial.

I doubt anything was withheld from the Judges. They are the ones who control what will be evidence at the trial.
So the judges requested the box factory evidence to be sent to the defence?

According to the reports an prosecution wants to try and stop it being use as evidence at the trial which is probably why they did it last minute..I found that newest 60mins documentary a bit unsettling when she asked HW is he sure she is dead and when he said no doubt he looked so disturbed like he was going to cry so I don't know what it is he has found or saw but it was probably ghastly.
So I saw that too!
The fact that the BKA has taken such a firm interest in it says a lot.

Earlier in an interview, MS said that he recognized the girl in the video. That makes him credible!

It just says

Today Brueckner's defence team were given a hard drive said to contain child abuse images from the German FBI, the BKA.

The data storage was uncovered at the paedophile’s box factory lair when he was named as a suspect in 2020 - but prosecutors resisted handing it over for years.

Brueckner’s lawyers are fighting for the images it contains to be ruled out of use in the trial.

So I saw that too!
The fact that the BKA has taken such a firm interest in it says a lot.

Earlier in an interview, MS said that he recognized the girl in the video. That makes him credible!
Have you got a source for that interview?,
MS has not done the prosecution team much favours if you ask me by his appearance in court but then again he is an alcoholic and hopefully that will be taken into consideration.
I'm sure she evidence lies upon that hard drive and the BKA can't just say it was him due to whoever is on them images or films being masked but if they can get witnesses that have never been shown these images or film to describe the same scenario without seeing the contents of the harddrive in advance that would certainly be credible.

i am not sure what the discovery requirements are in the direction of the defendant. also the reposting tends to be so random i dont place much reliance on it.

eg the idea the prosecution has been withholding for years is silly. he wasn’t charged with anything to do with these images and we don’t know if they even form part of the case. so they did not have to discover anything at least until he was charged here and there may be other relevant rules here

i am not sure what the discovery requirements are in the direction of the defendant. also the reposting tends to be so random i dont place much reliance on it.

eg the idea the prosecution has been withholding for years is silly. he wasn’t charged with anything to do with these images and we don’t know if they even form part of the case. so they did not have to discover anything at least until he was charged here and there may be other relevant rules here
But the discovery would have to include evidence the prosecution would use in the trial - right?

The couldn’t introduce evidence at trial that they hadn’t shared in discovery, could they?

As per upthread, say for example, they had a masked individual committing an offence against a naked woman tied to the post in the farmhouse, they would need to share this in discovery - right? They couldn’t introduce it at trial especially considering they’ve had it in their possession since 2016.

Have you got a source for that interview?,
MS has not done the prosecution team much favours if you ask me by his appearance in court but then again he is an alcoholic and hopefully that will be taken into consideration.
I'm sure she evidence lies upon that hard drive and the BKA can't just say it was him due to whoever is on them images or films being masked but if they can get witnesses that have never been shown these images or film to describe the same scenario without seeing the contents of the harddrive in advance that would certainly be credible.
MS is not credible in his own right. IMO, he is only a witness to corroborate HeB’s testimony.

I wonder if these factory images were a bluff on the part of the prosecution.
CB couldn't possibly remember everything that was found on the discs/cards, allowing the prosecution to put pressure on CB by insinuating that the content was far more useful and incriminating than they perhaps was.

I wonder if these factory images were a bluff on the part of the prosecution.
CB couldn't possibly remember everything that was found on the discs/cards, allowing the prosecution to put pressure on CB by insinuating that the content was far more useful and incriminating than they perhaps was.
~100 images, of the 8,000, were of CB. He may not recall all of them but he would remember anything truly incriminating.

IMO, if there was anything truly incriminating, it would be on the charge sheet - there are offences without known victims or dates or any evidences other than the words of criminals on the charge sheet so the prosecution would use whatever else they could find.

He wasn't charged with anything to do with these images because maybe they could not string together a case based on the images alone.... It seems they don't want to charge him for possession of such images even though they probably could but thats just going to bring the lightest sentence possible.
We know we'll according to the prosecution and many witnesses to historic video he wore a mask so therefore disguised his appearance while carrying out these rapes and he liked to document his crimes on video whether for personal gratification or maybe selling or trading on online forums who knows.

So there is quite a big chance going off them points that he could have archived some of his videos onto the harddrive/drives or those drives may have provided links to forums where his videos had been traded and where still active... However he is going to be disguised in these videos as I imagine most of these sickos probably are, and so just of of that it would be definitely difficult if not impossible to prove it is him in the videos. A simple denial of that's not me would be enough to dismiss it an the BKA has got one shot in court, if however these videos match the descriptions of witness statements who have never seen what is on the hard drives.. this then makes for a much stronger case.
And they probably left it until last minute to spring it on them in order to prevent them building a solid defence against it.

We don't know what was on them hard drives it will come out in time, we don't know if there is anything linked to MM on there but he did say in an interview they just needed one more piece of evidence and that was the body. So makes you think.

We do know his conversation on that forum talking about documenting abducting raping and killing a child was found on the harddrive or at least from my memory am sure it was I could be wrong... If so it would seem he documented things on there personal...kept them in what he thought was a safe place buried under a dogs corpse. So what other Links to his videos or forum activities were there and is the material downloaded on it from them same forums where they share amongst their kind.

I'm pretty sure the findings there are at the heart of this trial and why the defence now wants to block it being used.

It's not credible because it's coming from a not recognised source on here.Handing over the drives that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH