AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have experience raising a high functioning ASD child and although the step parent says there was no social media involved, in my opinion they are being naive to think that MineCraft can not contain ways to interact with people. If the parents have been cleared, I feel there’s a good chance he was lured by online activity.
Again, this is my opinion.

An Interview today with the mom and stepdad with the podcaster Dutchess.
MOD NOTE:

That podcast is approved for this episode only, as the mother and stepfather are being interviewed (that doesn't start until 23 minutes in, so you can FF :) and I don't know how much of that episode is the interview with family members, so if any other cases are discussed, that is NOT allowed here.).

Please remember that not all podcasts are allowed here, so ask before posting if you aren't 100% sure they are approved.

Thanks!

MOD NOTE:

That podcast is approved for this episode only, as the mother and stepfather are being interviewed (that doesn't start until 23 minutes in, so you can FF :) and I don't know how much of that episode is the interview with family members, so if any other cases are discussed, that is NOT allowed here.).

Please remember that not all podcasts are allowed here, so ask before posting if you aren't 100% sure they are approved.

Thanks!
Thanks for that wasn't sure about making any comments from listening to the parents.

The one question that the parents didn't or couldn't answer was why the timeline included Sunday afternoon. Other than that they seemed open to to answer the questions. Mom was particularly distraught.

Thanks for that wasn't sure about making any comments from listening to the parents.

The one question that the parents didn't or couldn't answer was why the timeline included Sunday afternoon. Other than that they seemed open to to answer the questions. Mom was particularly distraught.
Bbm.
Thanks for this, it's new (to me).
So he went missing Tues. Feb 27th, but may have been gone since Sun. 25th ?
Maybe they waited and kept looking for him or hoped he'd return home on his own ?
Omo.

Tennessee officials announced on Monday that they are scaling back their ongoing search for a 15-year-old boy who has been missing since late last month.

A BIG SHIFT IN THE SEARCH FOR MISSING SEBASTIAN ROGERS.
A significant shift in the case of Sebastian Rogers is taking place, as authorities are now calling it an investigation.
The original thinking was Sebastian Rogers walked away on his own from his Sumner County, TN home.
But the fact that he disappeared without a trace now has authorities looking at the very real possibility of foul play.
There is no security video of the teen walking away, blood hounds picked up no scent and there is no trace of Sebastian.
“We are used to producing, and this is one of those cases we have not been able to produce yet," said Ken Weidner, Sumner County EMA Director.
No one is giving up.
Sebastian could still be alive somewhere alone — hurt, lost or trapped.
The search effort will continue, but not the same way it was last week.
“We're scaling it back a little bit," said Weidner.
What exactly does that mean?
Sources close to the case confirm authorities are now considering foul play, and that this missing teen case could become a criminal investigation.
Authorities have named no suspects, and say that to date the parents have fully cooperated with the investigation.
So detectives will now reinterview and vet everyone who may have had contact with Sebastian looking for inconsistencies.
They are also asking the public to provide any Ring camera videos — not just from the Sunday evening the boy disappeared, but of anything suspicious from much earlier in the day.
Anyone with information on the case can call 1-800-TBI-FIND.
SHARE.
****WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Join me for a Facebook Live right here at 7 p-m central time.
The very latest and I’ll take your questions.
SEE YOU THEN.

If I’m LE: (I am not!)
Bear with me
There is no downside to say we’re scaling back.
Potential upside: someone involved in no good gets careless/reckless and makes a mistake that outs him or her.
Neutral: if something awful has happened involving this beautiful boy and water, or woods, it’s not any worse off by that announcement (as dreadful as that could be).

I’d be announcing scaling back. And then watching - very closely. MOO.

Tennessee Amber Alert: Sumner officials scale back search for missing boy as parents speak

If true, I’d expect a statement to that effect as the police know the family is under scrutiny from the public.

"What is factual is the father, the mother and myself have been extremely cooperative," he said. "We have been vetted. We have been checked out. We have been questioned and everything of that nature and literally have been cleared. There is no wrongdoing. There is no negative input from the parents or any of the family."

Nobody would wish what they're going through on anyone, he added.

Sources close to the case confirmed officers are now considering foul play and said that the case may turn into a criminal investigation, according to local broadcaster News Channel 5. While the search is continuing, Sumner County EMA Director Ken Weidner said: "We're scaling it back a little bit."

Chris and Katie Proudfoot gave an interview to local news channel WSMV over the weekend. The mother wept as she said: "I just want my baby to be ok... He's not a runner. He's never run away before. I don't know why he walked out that door... We've been combing over that day, and even the weeks before he left, and I haven't been able to figure it out. That morning he was laughing, he was joking."

"You're not in the situation," Chris Proudfoot said. "You don't quite understand. I wish people would step back, take a different wide open view, and not assume what they know. It's just better to stick to the facts. I can tell you that [his] mom, myself, and the father, have worked very fully and cooperatively with all agencies across the board."

He added he and his wife hope Rogers will return home. "He's going to walk through that door and the street will be flooded again with relatives all waiting to hug him and love him."

I have a hinky feeling after seeing that stepdad had left for work then mom had gotten up and SR was not in his room when she went to wake him up.

MOO
The stepdad mentioning his legal issues in another state and deflecting back on the people talking about it that they can come ask him rather than speculating (I'm paraphrasing). The whole time I was thinking that the reporting sitting there just asked him and instead of answering the question he was defensive.

Last edited:
I have a hinky feeling after seeing that stepdad had left for work then mom had gotten up and SR was not in his room when she went to wake him up.

MOO
I thought the step dad said he was out of town the night before the disappearance. I'm sure LE was able to verify this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203