AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

curioussleuth

Reaction score
This is my community. They have the dogs, quads. drones, helicopters, airplanes out looking for him. I think he was noticed missing when mom went to get him up from school and that was over 24 hours ago. I cannot imagine him hiding still.

HENDERSONVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has issued an endangered child alert for 15-year-old Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers.

Fifteen-year-old Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers was last seen on Monday "near Stafford Court in Hendersonville wearing a black sweatshirt, black sweatpants and glasses," the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said on X.

TBI officials pushed an Endangered Child Alert for Sebastian at the request of the Sumner County Sheriff's Office, a TBI representative said

“We know that Sebastian likes cats,” said Eric Craddock, chief deputy with the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office. “We were told that his favorite song was ‘Eye of the Tiger.’ We’ve tried playing that to just kind of calm him and let him know we’re here to help him.”

“I’m sure he could see what’s going on here and be intimidated, but if he sees this ... I want him to know: Sebastian, come out. We’re here to help,” Craddock told reporters during a Tuesday afternoon press conference. “We just want to get you home safe.”

This is local to me. The area he lives in is in the county, so rural-adjacent but not completely out in the country. Hendersonville is on a lake, but it would be a really far walk for him to get to the lake. He’s about a mile from one of the high schools in town and very close to Long Hollow Pike, a busy road that traverses most of the county and eventually connects to I65. I know the TBI and county sheriffs are asking everyone to check outbuildings and anywhere he could hide. An Amber Alert was issued as of this afternoon

1709072871511.png
Authorities said Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers went missing from the Hendersonville area on Sunday and was last seen near Stafford Court. TBI initially issued an Endangered Child Alert for Rogers, as he has a form of autism, but has since issued an Amber Alert after obtaining “additional investigative information.”

Tuesday night neighbors and church leaders spent the hours praying for Sebastian to be found. Rogers’ parents said he loves playing hide and seek so police are telling people to look in small spaces.

The Sumner County Sheriff’s Department said they’ll search until Rogers is found.

Sebastian is verbal, he will talk your ear off about anything he is interested in. He loves gaming, so I am sure law enforcement is checking his gaming chats for clues. I'd say there is a chance he is lost in the woods, but I doubt he is still just "hiding" anymore as its has been too long.

I'm holding out hope that he is found safely. It reminds me of a case a little while back where the boy had been missing for a few days and people started to assume the worst, but then he was found. For some reason I remember a tree stump or something similar in that case.

New details into the family of the missing 15-year-old Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers.
The teen lives with his biological mother, stepfather and younger stepbrother. His biological father is also a deputy with the Davidson County Sheriff's Office

Lots of things I want to know. Who was home Sunday night/Monday morning? Mom, stepdad and younger step-sibling? Was he grounded from phone or did he leave it on purpose? They said none of his shoes were missing (at the press conference) but they would not say he was barefoot. Did he take his backpack? Did ANY camera pick him up in his neighborhood? It sounds like the dogs followed his scent a short distance, what direction was that (toward the main road or toward the woods)? At this point I no longer feel like he is choosing to be missing and that is so scary (is he lost in the woods, was he groomed and taken, was he happened to be picked up by a nefarious person?).

SUMNER COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) — Agencies across Middle Tennessee have been working tirelessly to locate missing Sumner County teen Sebastian Rogers. The search resumed Thursday around 7 a.m.

On Wednesday, crews search 2,000 miles on foot across Hendersonville. EMA Director Ed Widener said Sebastian’s home has been searched at least 10 times.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation put out a statement Wednesday to explain Sebastian’s family is unable to share more details about Sebastian.

“Understandably, there is interest in hearing from friends and family to help provide more of a personal context about Sebastian. However, we have been requested by the family to let local media know that they are not in a position to speak to or be available to the media at this time. We have told them that while we would relay their message, it would be the decision of the individual media outlets and reporters to proceed as they see fit.”
Officials put out a call Wednesday for as many mounted patrols as possible, with Hendersonville police and the Wilson County Sheriff’s Office sending extra horses to help.

Snipped:
Agencies across Middle Tennessee have been working tirelessly to locate missing Sumner County teen Sebastian Rogers. The search resumed Thursday around 7 a.m.
On Wednesday, crews search 2,000 miles on foot across Hendersonville. EMA Director Ed Widener said Sebastian’s home has been searched at least 10 times.
Snipped:
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation put out a statement Wednesday to explain Sebastian’s family is unable to share more details about Sebastian.

“Understandably, there is interest in hearing from friends and family to help provide more of a personal context about Sebastian. However, we have been requested by the family to let local media know that they are not in a position to speak to or be available to the media at this time. We have told them that while we would relay their message, it would be the decision of the individual media outlets and reporters to proceed as they see fit.”

snipped:
DAY 4 UPDATE: SEBASTIAN WAYNE DRAKE ROGERS
While we have no significant updates from yesterday, we encourage community members willing to search their own property to do so with a partner for safety.
Please avoid the official command post for now. Stay tuned for organized search efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$