Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samantha Murphy worked (in the uniform shop) at the same school that her alleged murder Patrick Stephenson attended, it has emerged. Daughter Jess was also part of the school community.

Last edited:
Paraphrasing from the Herald Sun….

Acquaintances of PS say the 22-year-old went on a “massive bender” the night before Samantha Murphy was killed.

Friends of PS have told the Herald Sun he was at a party where cocaine was consumed before attending The Deck in Ballarat, which is open until 3am.

A video (and this video is also shown in the article) appears to show lines of a white substance racked up on a mobile phone.

The footage was filmed by Mr Stephenson’s girlfriend and two other friends with the footage uploaded to Snapchat.

It is believed police are aware of the video, with detectives also seizing CCTV footage from outside Volta nightclub and several other venues on the night of February 3 and morning of February 4, up to two weeks ago.

Paywalled for some

Also from the Herald Sun, paraphrased

It is understood Police have been surveilling PS for up to two weeks. But the seizure of his vehicle on Wednesday could not have been done earlier because it would have sounded the alarm.

There are suggestions a short piece of CCTV gleaned early on in the investigation was a key element in Mr Stephenson becoming a suspect.

Paywalled for some

There is an image of the White Ute in this article

A second car has been seized. Neighbours said a four-wheel-drive parked outside the sprawling property has since been towed for forensic examination.

I wonder if this will turn out to be a road rage incident rather than related directly to being intoxicated and having an accident that he covered up? You're driving along not feeling too great, a jogger runs out in front of you and something starts...

I still think Sam was hit by a motor vehicle driven by someone under the influence.
Agree…. But I am wondering with the murder charge (being a deliberate act) do you think it’s possible the alleged drove at her?? Rather than an accidental hit??
Did he gun the car at Sam and hit her deliberately?? (Like a road rage type incident??? )

I have also wondered if the alleged perp has a good barrister, if they could argue it was a hit and run under the influence that caused a death??? rather than a murder charge???

Of course we don’t know exactly what happened yet, so all speculative questions and IMO

I wonder if this will turn out to be a road rage incident rather than related directly to being intoxicated and having an accident that he covered up? You're driving along not feeling too great, a jogger runs out in front of you and something starts...

I am thinking more of a thrill kill (with his car) IMO

A second car has been seized. Neighbours said a four-wheel-drive parked outside the sprawling property has since been towed for forensic examination.
I’m not sure if they may be referring to the original white 4WD ??? The one driven by PS ??

IMO

The thing is, if he was under the influence and possibly didn't even sleep that night at all, would he really have managed to run her over then hide Samantha so well? I don't know I'm just struggling a bit with that theory but who knows. I'm still in disbelief over the whole thing, it is senseless. JMO.

Gooday Australia...
The hiatus gave me a chance to get totally caught up...
Some things are truly still feeling quite strange, however.
Guess its just a gut feeling, until some real facts roll in....
Same. It really is a puzzling case.

I guess the thing that bugs me most is I watched the investigative special on TV.

The "experts" were saying that the perp had to have known her running schedule, possibly even had access to her iPhone maps, because her last known location was a fair distance from the road. They were implying that the perp had to have known she was coming. The exact time and location. This doesn't fit with someone who was on a bender all night.

Unless what the experts were saying was BS to fool the perp into believing he was off the hook.

It makes me think of a stalker, but why would a 22 year old be stalking a 51 year old mother? I know it's possible, but it's just bizarre. The other possibility is that he is a depraved individual that targets women in the forest at a certain time of the year. Did something happen to him on that date and he marks it each year with attacks women?

Yes agree….. White 4WD Ute … The police seized it from the Scotsburn Property … it just has a canopy on the back ..

This one
From this article

View attachment 488922

IMO
Ah ok! Thanks…4WD ute as opposed to just ute. I will try and find the other article in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim